NFR NFC >>>>>>2015

guypjfreak

Kendal Calling folks - tell me more. I've heard it's a bit rough, any stories to confirm / deny?

We went for a few years. The line up is always great but we stopped going because we were fed up with the continual tent robbing, fights and dealers. I was talking to a stall holder last year who is local to the festival and makes a lot of money at Kendal, even he was considering stopping because of the massive fight in his pitch that wrecked a lot of stock last year. It is supposed to have improved in the last couple of years and a lot if people enjoy it but we had enough.

• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Kendal Calling folks - tell me more. I've heard it's a bit rough, any stories to confirm / deny?

Personally ive never seen any of the trouble,fights or other wise so i dont see it as being that wide spread and have a brilliant time everytime i go. There does seem to be a few cases or people reporting that their tents seems to have been got at but i think it's the minority that causes it. I know plenty of people who with their small children and have a great time

Gosh! thanks, slodge. I'm already feeling very welcomed by the NFR NFC gang and, whilst I never had an issue with doing GF on my own, having done three previous (non-GF) festivals solo, it will be lovely to have some people to meet and chat to, and even maybe watch some stuff with.

Anyone like dancing to squelchy, bleepy, looping minimalist dance music until stupid o'clock...?

Anyone...? Hello...?

*sees blossoming NFR NFC membership evaporate*

Ben

I like vocal trance and when out at festivals will dance to most things.

I think your sort of dance is going to be more in the smaller tents rather than Silver Hayes which was, well last year at least, more 'mainstream' dance......... not that I got there but we did 'plan' to

Morning!!

- Ben, I echo what Yog says about shrooms, if you've never done them a festival is not the right place to try!

- If I am in the correct frame of mine/under the correct influence, I can dance to minimalist bleeps for hours. A friend and I once realised we were dancing to a fire alarm at a club a couple of years ago. Oops.

- Livers are great! Yog I'd have been very tempted to say something baout the enlarged liver too!

- Genie, maybe a different name for our band is in order. Something sunshine related I think.

- Love the fist present story!! Excellent!