• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Evening all, its a weekend of live music for me

Off to see a local heavy rockers hammerhead tonight

Early start and over to newcastle for the 6 music day festival where i'll catch girl power, slaves, the wave pictures, joanna gruesome, slug, the wytches, fat white family and the pop group

Saturday night head back to carlisle and see my mates band (the postcard band) support another decent cumbria act the lucid dream

Sunday head back to newcastle for the sunday night of the 6 music festival to see the likes of the maccabees, public service broadcasting, young fathers, the charlatans, jamie t, neneh cherry, british sea power and gaz coombes.

Mr Ginger and I are going to the gym after work then for a chinese, is that a date? :)

Defo.

WE ​might go for Chinese too. What an (completely not) unbelievable coincidence!

Run was good. I saw a lade drop a glove and walk on without realising. Picked it up and handed it gently to her as I bounded past. She was awfully grateful and I felt like a nice person. It's the little things, eh?

Ben

Evening all, its a weekend of live music for me

Off to see a local heavy rockers hammerhead tonight

Early start and over to newcastle for the 6 music day festival where i'll catch girl power, slaves, the wave pictures, joanna gruesome, slug, the wytches, fat white family and the pop group

Saturday night head back to carlisle and see my mates band (the postcard band) support another decent cumbria act the lucid dream

Sunday head back to newcastle for the sunday night of the 6 music festival to see the likes of the maccabees, public service broadcasting, young fathers, the charlatans, jamie t, neneh cherry, british sea power and gaz coombes.

Only been to the Sage for a conference - it was indescribably dull (the conference that is - lovely building).

For rock gigs do they lose all the seating, or is it a sit down affair? Surely not at the 6Music festival?

Jealous about Jamie T, Wave Pictures, Gaz Coombes and PSB - hopefully at least three of them will be at GF...

Ben

Only been to the Sage for a conference - it was indescribably dull (the conference that is - lovely building).

For rock gigs do they lose all the seating, or is it a sit down affair? Surely not at the 6Music festival?

Jealous about Jamie T, Wave Pictures, Gaz Coombes and PSB - hopefully at least three of them will be at GF...

Ben

Ive never actually been to the sage so im not sure how it works, i wouldnt expect to be sitting down

I was torn between going to see jamie t and PSB as they clash but PSB have been announced for both my local festival so it'll be jamie t for me on sunday

Ive never actually been to the sage so im not sure how it works, i wouldnt expect to be sitting down

I was torn between going to see jamie t and PSB as they clash but PSB have been announced for both my local festival so it'll be jamie t for me on sunday

Just having second listen of the new PSB LP on NPR stream - like some of it a lot on first time 'round.

http://www.npr.org/2015/02/15/385549238/first-listen-public-service-broadcasting-the-race-for-space

Ben

Evening all!

Just chilling with a glass of vino while watching a documentary about Carole King. Mrs gumby has taken the little monkey to visit her sister until tomorrow, so I can catch up on a few programmes she's not interested in. What I wouldn't give to see Carole King at glasto!

Evening all!

Just chilling with a glass of vino while watching a documentary about Carole King. Mrs gumby has taken the little monkey to visit her sister until tomorrow, so I can catch up on a few programmes she's not interested in. What I wouldn't give to see Carole King at glasto!

No idea if musicals are your sort of thing but my dad saw the carol king musical 'beautiful' the other week and really enjoyed it. He said it was one of the better ones he'd seen

Is it just me or is anyone else sick of the amount of students dumping their surveys in like we're a bunch of fucking labrats to do their homework for them.

Zero interaction from them other than do my survey/dissertation/homework for me.

It is a bit cheeky!!

In other news, Chinese was lovely. Now watching black Sails at home. Super!

Ben your good deed with the glove is what I would hope most folk would do, but I am not sure they do!

No idea if musicals are your sort of thing but my dad saw the carol king musical 'beautiful' the other week and really enjoyed it. He said it was one of the better ones he'd seen

To be honest, I've never been a fan of musicals (apart from Rocky Horror), and there were some clips from Beautiful in the documentary. I think I'd spend the whole evening thinking 'it'd be better hearing Carole King singing the songs herself', but it's good if it introduces any new people to one of the greatest (IMO) singer-songwriters of all time. I'm aware the chance of her playing glasto are slim, so I'm consoling myself by listening to Tapestry while I cook my dinner!

Is it just me or is anyone else sick of the amount of students dumping their surveys in like we're a bunch of fucking labrats to do their homework for them.

Zero interaction from them other than do my survey/dissertation/homework for me.

Just said the same, exact words were "not another bloody survey".

so lets get this right ...bobby killed lucy dot killed her son the blokey in the pub kills some one in the cellar and ians mum comes back from the dead

bloody benders ...it must be a night mare living on that sqaure lol

2 acts in and enjoying myself so far

Girl band were a dublin 4 piece aparently that made a lot of noise, enjoyed them myself but they wont be for everyone.

Second up were the excellent slaves, kent 2 piece pop-punky act, really enjoyed their set, i came away thinking they be good at festivals, put alot of energy into they songs, all short ditty numbers, nice interaction with the crowd, and came across as an act that dont take themselves to seriously

The Wave Pictures and Joanna Gruesome up next :)