NFR NFC >>>>>>2015

guypjfreak

Third on stage were the wave pictures, big change of pace from the first 2 acts, quick check of their wiki page told me they were from leicester and had been playing together since 1998. Played mainly stuff from their latest album, and most probably my fav act of the day so far. Check them out

And most recently joanna gruesome have just finished, really enjoyed their set, only gripe id have is i think a little theres too muchnl lead guitar and not enough main vocals, really enjoyed they sound and defo got the skills to do well. Another act id like to hear more from

• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Love the Wave Pictures, thurlow. A band with genuinely no pretensions, which is refreshing.

Hot Chip were fantastic in Birmingham last night. Mrs Ben, who only knew them through a bit of homework I'd given her recently, was shaking her rather fetching tail feathers like a good 'un!

New material sounds good, and Over and Over had the crowd going mental.

Ben

Third on stage were the wave pictures, big change of pace from the first 2 acts, quick check of their wiki page told me they were from leicester and had been playing together since 1998. Played mainly stuff from their latest album, and most probably my fav act of the day so far. Check them out

And most recently joanna gruesome have just finished, really enjoyed their set, only gripe id have is i think a little theres too muchnl lead guitar and not enough main vocals, really enjoyed they sound and defo got the skills to do well. Another act id like to hear more from

Thank you for the updates Thurlow - really like to have the perspective on the ground as it were. Loved the Wave Pictures. Thought Joanna were pants on the radio - sound was appalling. Reminded me of an 80s battle the band type gig. But I know the sound can be totally different when you are actually there. Just have to put it down to "not my cuppa tea" I reckon. Did love The War on Drugs though.

Keep up posted and have a great evening.

Back from newcastle now, checked in at the hostel and getting ready to head back out

Final 3 acts i saw were

Slugs - the north east act of the day, 5 piece and 3 of them used to be in another well regarded north east band field music. Gave a great performance to what most probably was the biggest crowd of the afternoon. Sharply dressed, good crowd interaction and good tunes to back it up. Their albums released on my birthday 13th april and i think i will be investing in it.

Following on from slugs were the wytches. The were a 3 piece and by far the biggest disapointment of the day. As a band who have been getting some good hype i was expecting good things from them but they never really clicked with the audience and looked like the didnt want to be there, and to top things off the walked of a

stage 15mins early in what was only a 35min slot.

And finally for us were fat white family, the gave a brilliant performance, full of energy, and a good performance from the front man to a crowd that really appreciated them. That being said both he and the guy providing the backing vocals looked ill with drugs so it wouldnt be the biggest if they dont last the night

3 acts on tonight at the gig im heading too

The Postcard Band - a band who i really like, a guy i work withs in them, check them out if you so wish to on soundcloud and like them of facebook if you like what you hear, kendal calling stated the likes on facebook help them make up their mind when booking local acts for the festival so ive took it up myself to try to make them more popular. Even slipped a postcard to marc riley today and asked him to listen.

The purple heart parade - staying in the same hostle as me tonight, a band from manchester way i think, heard good reviews but never caught them live myself

And the main act tonight The lucid dream - really good local band, psych garage i think ive seen then being described as, getting, promting their second album tonight and a gig im looking forward too

Have a great night everyone

Edited by thurlow84

Nobody has done my survey.

goes off to sulk whilst dancing to Miguel Migs

What do you expect, Johnny-come-lately? You swan in here with your meagre six and a half thousand posts, and expect everyone to do your homework for you, without engaging in the forum at all.

The cheek of some people!

for those that give a fuck it was a very nice day down here and i went to a craft fair where we got some cider [ which we are drinking ] and which i now have a card thingy so i can get a box for glasto ....

there thats all old sons i hope your all haveing a great weekend gotta go cider calls lol

for those that give a fuck it was a very nice day down here and i went to a craft fair where we got some cider [ which we are drinking ] and which i now have a card thingy so i can get a box for glasto ....

there thats all old sons i hope your all haveing a great weekend gotta go cider calls lol

Hello guy. Just make sure you buy a box of the same stuff that you are drinking now and like. I bought a heavy 20 litre box of cider to Glastonbury once and nobody I know, and I include myself there (possibly inapropriately), could drink the stuff. And these are people who would suck piss off a thistle if they knew it had alcohol in it.

GUY! You hardly EVER swear old son!

I likey!

:)

Twatknuckles! Love it!

Well I have been to a friends for dinner tonight, where I ate an enormous amount. It was good! Haven't seen said friends for a while, so it was good to have a catch up.

Thurlow, great reports, thanks! I usually leave my music homework until about a month before Glastonbury, but I think I will start sooner instead. Thanks for the recommendations!

Guy want it beautiful here today! There is talk of a few of us going for a walk tomorrow if it is nice the too.

Hello guy. Just make sure you buy a box of the same stuff that you are drinking now and like. I bought a heavy 20 litre box of cider to Glastonbury once and nobody I know, and I include myself there (possibly inapropriately), could drink the stuff. And these are people who would suck piss off a thistle if they knew it had alcohol in it.

yes old son i nearly brought a elderflower cider [ yes elderflower ] but that was only 3/8 per cent but this ones 6/5 but cant remember the name but have his card as i said ...he says its about £80 for a box of 20/25 ltr ....ummmmmm going to try the wine making again tho lol

Hello mr gumby

I am spending the early part of the day helping my parents move the final bits and bobs from their old house to their new one. There's not a lot left to do so shouldn't take long. Then when I get back home two friends will already be here visiting. They have both taken tomorrow off work and I think they may be expecting a drinking session. The only problem there is that I have had very little sleep over the last few days and don't think I'll have the strength for it. We only got rid of our last visitors at 3am this morning. If that wasn't bad enough I've had a headache all night. Not a very severe one, but annoying all the same. I hope you have much better things planned for the day?