• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

really really pissed off....its sickening to see priceless pieces of history being smashed up by a bunch of unciverlised animals who just because it doesnt MEET THERE OWN strange warpped out sence of ideology .......some things are not just scacred but ARE history as history stands ....really upsetting it is .....G

Sorry, I've not contributed today, it's been a tough one! Gumby jr has been grumpy about everything today, very challenging! Hope it's a one-off, and not the start of the 'terrible twos' all the books talk about!

Anyway, he's off with his nanny and grandad tomorrow, so I can get my playlist sorted, and improve my contribution rate.

Tin hat on Gumby!

They can be teenagers-in-waiting from 2 onwards.

Better to have some will and personality and an opinion than be a shrinking violet.

And the shrinking violets can still have a will of steel.

Martha Woffy (6) has a stare AND a shrug that silently says "Seriously? Are you...YOU...of ALL PEOPLE...asking me, ME, THAT? Christ...you MORON!" all in a split second.

Best of British old chap!

I may bring her and WoffBaby3 (9) to Glasto '16 if i get tickets.

1&2 have been enough times and now need to contribute to tickets themselves if they wanna go again.

Mr G some of us have been there and now wear the t shirt. It DOES get better. Yes good days and bad and days you wish you could be anywhere else but it all comes good. I love my kids being around but they have their adventures to lead, so make the most of the good times before they fly the nest

That all sounds like a load of tosh my mother might spout but tis true you know tis true. Take it from an ol'un

I too had a dream but mine made much more sense. We were all at the NFR NFC meet and S2H wasn't there so we all brought along 2 hats and got a random passer by to take a photo of us to send to S2H. Only when the random photographer took the camera away from his face after taking the photo, it was S2H with a big cheesy grin on his face. Happy endings and all of that stuff.

Aww, you're going to make me cry!:)

Sorry, I've not contributed today, it's been a tough one! Gumby jr has been grumpy about everything today, very challenging! Hope it's a one-off, and not the start of the 'terrible twos' all the books talk about!

Anyway, he's off with his nanny and grandad tomorrow, so I can get my playlist sorted, and improve my contribution rate.

Toddlers are hard, Gumby, and a bit crap. IMO, the time of their lives during which your investment gets the smallest returns. They need constant attention, distraction, entertainment, and are a bit restricting. Try attempting to examine them when they're sick - they're a frickin' nightmare!

But, as other lovely people above have said, it does get better, and soon they'll be 3.5-4 and SOOOOO much fun, and SOOOOO funny. And then they're 6 and brilliant because they can DO stuff with Dad. Then they're 9 and think you are SOOOOO cool. Then they're 13 and you think you might be losing your sheen. Then they're 15 and you're a tw*t. Then they're 18 and coming back to you. Life's Rich Pageant, indeed!

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

Thanks Woffy, Deebee and Ben for your support and encouragement. I can't complain really, he's generally a very happy little lad, there's just odd days when everything I do seems to be wrong!

At least he was an awkward little bugger with his mum this evening too, so I know it wasn't personal!

Anyway, off to bed now for a few chapters of my book and a well earned early night. Sleep well everyone!

Been at the quiz tonight, we were getting stuffed all night and i hit a decent run of questions and we scrapped a draw. The last 2 were pot luck

Ours was, who was marconi's best man?

And their question which they needed to answer for the win was, what links pyramid, other, west holts, john peel and park? Couldnt believe when they got it wrong

I dropped off a table to someone who had bought it off me today. Thier address was the first house I ever bought. I gutted that place and re-built it. The lady there said I could have a look around if I wanted. I thought that odd as it would take a warrant for a stranger to enter my house. Anyway, I said I wouldn't want to intrude and left.

As an aside, there was one owner of the property between us. He was a younger bloke than I was at the time and came around with his dad on the first viewing. His dad wanted to know which way the joists were running in the rear bedroom. I said we could find out by taking up a loose floorboard in the bathroom. I took the floorboard up and there were a load of rough mags lying there in the void space. I hastily explained that I'd rented out the property for over a year and that these magazine's weren't mine. Quite rightly they disagreed and started pulling my leg about it. I then declared that if they paid the asking price I would throw in the rough mags as well. Guess what - they paid the asking price.

I dropped off a table to someone who had bought it off me today. Thier address was the first house I ever bought. I gutted that place and re-built it. The lady there said I could have a look around if I wanted. I thought that odd as it would take a warrant for a stranger to enter my house. Anyway, I said I wouldn't want to intrude and left.

As an aside, there was one owner of the property between us. He was a younger bloke than I was at the time and came around with his dad on the first viewing. His dad wanted to know which way the joists were running in the rear bedroom. I said we could find out by taking up a loose floorboard in the bathroom. I took the floorboard up and there were a load of rough mags lying there in the void space. I hastily explained that I'd rented out the property for over a year and that these magazine's weren't mine. Quite rightly they disagreed and started pulling my leg about it. I then declared that if they paid the asking price I would throw in the rough mags as well. Guess what - they paid the asking price.

You have the best stories!!