NFR NFC >>>>>>2015

guypjfreak

Finally moved all the stuff that needed moving. I have to go back to the house that used to be home for us as a family at about 5pm this evening. We are meeting up as a family to say goodbye to the house we built ourselves way back in the early 80's. I was in my youth then. I'm older but really not that much wiser now. Time to reminisce on times gone by.

• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Just came across a strange twitter account. Called Glasto poisoning. Tweeting to loads of people to discuss an illness they got at glasto.

Although some people have just said they have glasto sickness which we all get afterwards from lack of sleep.

Anyway, she looks litigious. I don't like it.

@GlastoPoisining

Just came across a strange twitter account. Called Glasto poisoning. Tweeting to loads of people to discuss an illness they got at glasto.

Although some people have just said they have glasto sickness which we all get afterwards from lack of sleep.

Anyway, she looks litigious. I don't like it.

@GlastoPoisining

Just had a look. Seems she was ill after the feat and is trying to work out which food outlet could've been the source. I don't really have much sympathy considering she can't even spell 'poisoning' properly!

Just had a look. Seems she was ill after the feat and is trying to work out which food outlet could've been the source. I don't really have much sympathy considering she can't even spell 'poisoning' properly!

So no chance of not washing hands properly? Must be the food venues lol. Can you imagine the court case.

I'm I'll every year after glasto! Need a week to recover. This year I'm going to Spain for the week. Bring on the night horrors!!!

haha ...so its a hoilday then CR [ see driving homethread ] ..fair play to ya it takes me weeks to get over glasto ...thats why this is my last one this year ....think about itttttt lol

Hello from hungover me!

Yog, how was the house? Did it feel odd saying goodbye?

I've spent all day on the sofa. It's been lovely. I plan to continue to do this until bedtime.

Hello lucy. It was really nice meeting up with the family (bar one brother who couldn't make it) in the house for one last time. One of my brothers bought us all fish and chips and we sat there on the floor (there's no furniture left in the place to sit on) eating it and discussing the old times. It didn't really feel that odd being there for the last time. The thing is, once you've built a property or totally gutted a property and refurbished it, there are no secrets - you know every nook and crany of the place. That said, I did think about how young and directionless I was when we built it. I fell in to the job I held for 25 years after that. It's fair to say that I've never bought in to the career / work ethic thing - there can't be many people who constantly and religiously refused promotion. I guess leaving the house has made me think about my own life though. Not in a bad way though. More of a serene reflection on it. Hope your hang over dissipates sooner rather than later. :)

Hello lucy. It was really nice meeting up with the family (bar one brother who couldn't make it) in the house for one last time. One of my brothers bought us all fish and chips and we sat there on the floor (there's no furniture left in the place to sit on) eating it and discussing the old times. It didn't really feel that odd being there for the last time. The thing is, once you've built a property or totally gutted a property and refurbished it, there are no secrets - you know every nook and crany of the place. That said, I did think about how young and directionless I was when we built it. I fell in to the job I held for 25 years after that. It's fair to say that I've never bought in to the career / work ethic thing - there can't be many people who constantly and religiously refused promotion. I guess leaving the house has made me think about my own life though. Not in a bad way though. More of a serene reflection on it. Hope your hang over dissipates sooner rather than later. :)

Fish and chips sitting on the floor sounds like a good last thing to do in the house. Things like that are a good time to reflect on life and all that. I'm not being very eloquent this evening, got a banging headache.

I'm not one for a big career either, it would be nice to have a bit more money but I don't want responsibility really! Still don't know what I want to be when I'm a grown up either :)

Well I've managed to have a bath, am going to have some medicinal ice cream in mo and probably fall asleep in front of a film. Have a nice evening everyone x

haha ...so its a hoilday then CR [ see driving homethread ] ..fair play to ya it takes me weeks to get over glasto ...thats why this is my last one this year ....think about itttttt lol

Ha ha, yes definitely a holiday. I plan to do nothing but lie around the pool.

As for this years Glastonbury being the last, I hope I never feel like that. It's just accepted that I need at least a week off after. Even then I don't feel right. I wonder if Kendal is as tough on the body?

That sounds a lovely thing to do. Very sentimental with lots of fond memories. We as a family didn't live in the same house for more than 2 years so there was never any attachment, which I think is a bit of a shame. Still, it's always good to get together.