NFR NFC >>>>>>2015

guypjfreak

I apologise for not posting today, I have been enjoying the lovely sunshine coming in through my window!! I LOVE IT!

I've also been quite busy, but I dont mind because I can feel fresh air on my face! SO NICE.

Ben, if you're organising a solo camping camp together thing and you end up in Dairy, I'll be in Pennards so will be quite happy to come and meet you to take you to the NFR meet so you dont have to find everyone! I'll also be more than happy to meet you before that if you fancy it, have a beer, bit of a wander. Whatever! Our group has a Glasto Virgin this year so I'll be showing him around a bit too. You'd be more than welcome to join us :)

• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

i must have missed something here. are we fingering Ben's hoop at the meet?*

*those of us that are going.

No we are bloody not.

If anyone is undertaking that kind of an examination it will be the one with the medical qualification - ergo, me! There are laws governing that kind of thing, you know...

Ben

I apologise for not posting today, I have been enjoying the lovely sunshine coming in through my window!! I LOVE IT!

I've also been quite busy, but I dont mind because I can feel fresh air on my face! SO NICE.

Ben, if you're organising a solo camping camp together thing and you end up in Dairy, I'll be in Pennards so will be quite happy to come and meet you to take you to the NFR meet so you dont have to find everyone! I'll also be more than happy to meet you before that if you fancy it, have a beer, bit of a wander. Whatever! Our group has a Glasto Virgin this year so I'll be showing him around a bit too. You'd be more than welcome to join us :)

That's fab, Lucy - thanks so much. Yes, I am sure that would be entirely lovely. TBH, there's no particular science to my thinking of Dairy - especially as I haven't been before. I did read Tort's guide meticulously and, given that I know I'll love The Park line up and will be in the SE corner until I collapse every night (that or Silver Hayes...I am a Duracell Bunny dancer!), I though Dairy looked good. I would happily try to organise for it to be in Pennards if that was a good idea. I'm very much hoping to be on site by Wednesday lunchtime, getting the (hopefully first) coach from Birmingham. So, I guess that might make me a bit late for Pennards...?

Ben

x

That's fab, Lucy - thanks so much. Yes, I am sure that would be entirely lovely. TBH, there's no particular science to my thinking of Dairy - especially as I haven't been before. I did read Tort's guide meticulously and, given that I know I'll love The Park line up and will be in the SE corner until I collapse every night (that or Silver Hayes...I am a Duracell Bunny dancer!), I though Dairy looked good. I would happily try to organise for it to be in Pennards if that was a good idea. I'm very much hoping to be on site by Wednesday lunchtime, getting the (hopefully first) coach from Birmingham. So, I guess that might make me a bit late for Pennards...?

Ben

x

Pennards is ambitious anywhen after 10am!! Depends how many of you there are really. If you organise meeting with other solo travellers to camp together, let me know nearer the time and we'll arrange a meeting place for some Thursday Shenanigans.

My lot will be in the queue at 6am so it all depends on how long it takes to get in as to when we're set up -and which bit of Pennards we end up on! We'll number swap nearer the time anyway I'm sure :)

Or if you end up in Dairy, there's a bunch of us who hopefully will be there. It's become a tradition.

Pennards is ambitious anywhen after 10am!! Depends how many of you there are really. If you organise meeting with other solo travellers to camp together, let me know nearer the time and we'll arrange a meeting place for some Thursday Shenanigans.

My lot will be in the queue at 6am so it all depends on how long it takes to get in as to when we're set up -and which bit of Pennards we end up on! We'll number swap nearer the time anyway I'm sure :)

Yes, despite my Glastonbury virginity, my obsessive reading etc. has made me quite familiar with lots of stuff already! So, that was my impression about Pennards. Again, just like the earlier discussion about me being determined not to be prescriptive about my first GF experience, that is true also for where to camp. So, I could foresee trying to set up with other soloists for someone who expects to be in pretty early to claim a bit of an area for the camp and then the others get to that spot ASAP. And that would need to be somewhere where it would be realistic, and not somewhere that, as you say, fills up within couple of hours of the gates opening. For no good reason then, Dairy 'feels' about right to me...!

Ben

Tis good so far that nobody has anything embarrassing.................. though it will happen and I think it might be me first looking at some of the near misses.

That said, I had forgotten some tracks were on there so have made room for some better music by removing them.

When my inevitable dodgy answers emerge, I will claim vociferously that they are on 'my' iTunes as the computer is occasionally highjacked by Child 3 and Mrs Ben who have a history of adding some shocking stuff...

Ben

Yes, despite my Glastonbury virginity, my obsessive reading etc. has made me quite familiar with lots of stuff already! So, that was my impression about Pennards. Again, just like the earlier discussion about me being determined not to be prescriptive about my first GF experience, that is true also for where to camp. So, I could foresee trying to set up with other soloists for someone who expects to be in pretty early to claim a bit of an area for the camp and then the others get to that spot ASAP. And that would need to be somewhere where it would be realistic, and not somewhere that, as you say, fills up within couple of hours of the gates opening. For no good reason then, Dairy 'feels' about right to me...!

Ben

Um, except that Dairy fills up pretty quickly too lol