• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

One for the lady's

http://youtu.be/N8Z6-Ec-Jbk

Not just the ladies! Love a bit of Sir Tom. Then again, I went to uni in his home town, so it's virtually compulsory!

My wife made a New Years resolution in 2008 to agree to any (reasonable) new experience for the year. Someone suggested glasto the next year, so she agreed. I (stupidly) ummed and aahed about the cost (no acts announced, lots of money etc. ) And decided against it. Next summer, I was sat at home green with envy watching on tv, while she was seeing Sir Tom, Madness, The Specials, The Boss, Blur etc. etc. That's what made me start going the next year :)

Very true, Matty. That's normally my philosophy too, just feeling a bit sorry for myself today because I'm in pain. I'll soon snap out of it!

I have neck and shoulder problems (a sign of that number) and find the heat pads (the ones that stick on) really effective.

I also find rounded door frames a useful tool to get rid of knots in my shoulder!

I have neck and shoulder problems (a sign of that number) and find the heat pads (the ones that stick on) really effective.

I also find rounded door frames a useful tool to get rid of knots in my shoulder!

Yeah, I've got a heat pad stuck to my t-shirt, which is helping my shoulders, but the worst pain is around where my neck meets my skull, where I can't stick one. Think I'll have a soak in a hot bath later, that usually works. Never tried a door frame, thanks for the tip!

Yeah, I've got a heat pad stuck to my t-shirt, which is helping my shoulders, but the worst pain is around where my neck meets my skull, where I can't stick one. Think I'll have a soak in a hot bath later, that usually works. Never tried a door frame, thanks for the tip!

Sounds like Torticollis MrG, I get it it bloomin hurts

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/torticollis

Other physio I do:

1) Turn head left and move as far as possible without it hurting. Hold for 10 seconds.

Turn head right in the same way and hold for 10 seconds.

Move chin down to chest and hold for 10 seconds.

Tilt head back and hold for 10 seconds

Repeat all four 3 times several times a day

2) Roll shoulders forwards sevreal times without moving head.

Roll shoulders backwardsseveral times without moving head

That will all help loosen ligaments etc allowing healing to take place.

Never strain though