NFR NFC >>>>>>2015

guypjfreak

Glad Barney is picking up, as I said to Debbie last night old pets are hard - they don't tell you the heartache that comes with them when you get them as young ones!!

Spill the beans - which festivals?

So far glastonbury, shambala, boomtown fair, farmer Phils and possibly camp bestival.

And others taken or added from recommendations which I am sure there will be a load after we meet.

• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

So far glastonbury, shambala, boomtown fair, farmer Phils and possibly camp bestival.

And others taken or added from recommendations which I am sure there will be a load after we meet.

We are:

Bearded Theory (which just happens to include my 50th birthday), GF (hopefully), Larmer Tree (doing the full weeks holiday thing!!), Shambala and something in early August but not sure what (lakefest or farmer phils are ideas).

also, something somewhere late August or September depending on when Shambala dates are.

We are:

Bearded Theory (which just happens to include my 50th birthday), GF (hopefully), Larmer Tree (doing the full weeks holiday thing!!), Shambala and something in early August but not sure what (lakefest or farmer phils are ideas).

also, something somewhere late August or September depending on when Shambala dates are.

and Something Else in the Dean as it is less than 2 miles from our door!!

Cropredy was a really lovely festival btw. Massive advantages in that you camp where you park and can take your own food and drink into the arena. Very relaxed - almost everyone on camping chairs! Only negatives were that you can't have camp fires (understandable amongst the cars) and there was almost no lighting in the campsite. So when we got back to camp no-one really felt inclined to stay up (mind you, the weather didn't help much!)

Edited by ICGenie

We are:

Looks like I need to add Bearded Theory can't miss your birthday celebrations.

Cropredy was a really lovely festival btw. Massive advantages in that you camp where you park and can take your own food and drink into the arena. Very relaxed - almost everyone on camping chairs! Only negatives were that you can't have camp fires (understandable amongst the cars) and there was almost no lighting in the campsite. So when we got back to camp no-one really felt inclined to stay up (mind you, the weather didn't help much!)

This is getting too hard!!!! I looked at Cropredy and liked what it sounded like and now I know someone who has been.........................

Help, extra days in the year needed!!

Can't believe you've not even considered some great festivals in Ireland like Indiependance, Body & Soul, Knockanstockan or Electric Picnic. :P

I liked the sound of that massive food festival, but I can't remember its name. Mmmm

Can't believe you've not even considered some great festivals in Ireland like Indiependance, Body & Soul, Knockanstockan or Electric Picnic. :P

ah but you are but a budding flower after her first summer at glasto where as WE are old gits lol and yes slodge old son i KNOW i say it every year BUT one day it will be as i say ...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

,,,,,,,,,,,,...........................................itll just be when the wife says it as well lol

The 'problem' with Ireland is that it is a long journey away (nothing wrong with that for a traveller like me) but there are just so many festivals within 2 1.2 hours of our door we don't even look much at those up north - they have to be really special to make us want the extra drive.

That said, give us some personal thoughts on all those in Ireland HMV and we can look with different eyes.

ah but you are but a budding flower after her first summer at glasto where as WE are old gits lol and yes slodge old son i KNOW i say it every year BUT one day it will be as i say ...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

,,,,,,,,,,,,...........................................itll just be when the wife says it as well lol

What is the definition of an Old Git?