• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Splodges video clip earlier made me smile - Jimmy Cliff in the rain singing I can See Clearly Now the rain has gone - just beautiful. One of my favourite sets at Glasto

I was over the moon when he was announced for Larmer Tree yesterday...... and the Levellers, and Fem Kuti................................ and Sir Tom

Hey Ben. The pooch is better... Again...he just likes to keep me on my toes! He now has colitis which they say is due to the pancreatitis. How often will he have flare ups?! I've had to cancel going to Gainsborough tomorrow to visit friends and help ferry around the blokes for a stag do, and just hoping he is fully better so I can attend the hen do on Saturday. I have a carpet cleaner man coming early doors tomorrow as my pooches a**e exploded on every carpet in the house!!! Only so much cleaning of carpets a girl can do. My back is killing. My kitchen floor has never been mopped as much as it has in the last few days. He's quite content now and eating lots. So enough of pooches... Where's the tattoo story?

BRILLIANT NEWS

Have a supply of hugs for when you need them

I could do with them. Feel pretty exhausted from the worry and not sitting down forever from cleaning up! Thing is, he's stressed cos he knows he's messed in the house and he's not supposed to... Even tho it's not his fault. Poor soul

Hi CG I hope your dog is feeling better :( I have 2 cairn terriers and it breaks my heart when they're not well. I was visiting a friend last weekend, when I got back Molly limped towards me looking very sad, after a cuddle and a kid for her 'sore' paw she sprinted off to play with her toys. It was an Oscar winning performance !!

Ben your tattoo is great and I'm so glad it means something to you, the more they mean to you the less likely you are to tire of them

Splodges video clip earlier made me smile - Jimmy Cliff in the rain singing I can See Clearly Now the rain has gone - just beautiful. One of my favourite sets at Glasto

I watched that clip and loved it, hence the post.

I was trying to post happy clips today because I am happy today.

So Ben is a big fan of A Winged Victory For The Sullen. Who'd a thunk it?

So, well done digger - a (winged) victory (for the sullen) for you!

And yes, gumby, amongst other label mates, I am partial to a bit of AWVFTS.

I have long loved the simplicity of this graphic image. That's first and foremost why I have toyed with having it done as a tattoo for ages. I was going to have it on my right flank (keeping all my tattoos on one side, all black, all very 'simple'), but then grew a bit meh about the one on my right upper arm - a black maple leaf. So, I decided to cover the original with the Erased Tapes image. So, I 'get rid' of a tattoo I've tired of, get the new one I want, everything stays right side and black only. Win-win.

The fact that it represents a small independent label also resonates with me, as it identifies with the way music means so much to me. I'm not a music snob, really, I'm not. But I almost invariably gravitate towards the sort of stuff that is quite removed from the mainstream. It's on labels like ET that I find music made by people who really care about their art, produced by small companies who ferociously defend their credibility and integrity, in a musical world of increasing manipulation and cynicism. That music that I find has a profound effect on me and has become, after my family, probably the single most important 'thing' in my life. So, to have a tattoo that overall represents the source of such happiness to me is lovely.

Then there is the fact that it's a mountain. Despite working indoors (a bleedin' hospital!) I am very much an outdoors person. So, the simple, but bold and instantly identifiable image of the mountain in the tattoo resonates with that aspect of my personality. It can represent any aspect of my 'outdoor' life, whether it be trekking over fields and woods with my lovely dog, camping with my family, being out running or, indeed, spending 4-5 days a year living in a field with people who understand me better maybe than any others, outside my immediate family - namely, festival people. There are very few places I would ever rather be than at a festival, such is the joy that the whole experience gives me. In my own way, the image of my new tatt represents that for me too.

There, that should be enough pseudo-spiritual claptrap to make you go, awwww! or feel nauseated, or just want me to shut up. The length should please thurlow, mind.

So thanks to all who played, Ben's New Tattoo Day™ - the 'boardgame (see what I did there...?)

Ben

Hey Ben. The pooch is better... Again...he just likes to keep me on my toes! He now has colitis which they say is due to the pancreatitis. How often will he have flare ups?! I've had to cancel going to Gainsborough tomorrow to visit friends and help ferry around the blokes for a stag do, and just hoping he is fully better so I can attend the hen do on Saturday. I have a carpet cleaner man coming early doors tomorrow as my pooches a**e exploded on every carpet in the house!!! Only so much cleaning of carpets a girl can do. My back is killing. My kitchen floor has never been mopped as much as it has in the last few days. He's quite content now and eating lots. So enough of pooches... Where's the tattoo story?

I am SO pleased he is improving - poor little Westie - colitis must work brilliantly with bright white fur...!

Orlagh and I met a Newfie and a St Bernard in the woods today - she was in heaven!

Tattoo story should now have been exhaustingly illustrated way beyond anyone's needs!

Ben

x