• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Hi Dee hope you had a fab time at boomtown.

It battered the senses in all the good ways! More stages (fantastic detail to the stages) even more variety of music, slightly older audience and less ket-heads v more acid casualties which made for a nicer vibe throughout.

The apocalypse (storm) arrived on Sat night/ Sunday morning (with the campervan field being at a very high point!) but left by lunchtime and we all survived.

It battered the senses in all the good ways! More stages (fantastic detail to the stages) even more variety of music, slightly older audience and less ket-heads v more acid casualties which made for a nicer vibe throughout.

The apocalypse (storm) arrived on Sat night/ Sunday morning (with the campervan field being at a very high point!) but left by lunchtime and we all survived.

If I gave you the impossible task of scoring out of 100 GF, Boomtown and Standon Calling.................................

Could you and if you could would it be easy?

And you saw Jimmy Cliff :)

If I gave you the impossible task of scoring out of 100 GF, Boomtown and Standon Calling.................................

Could you and if you could would it be easy?

It would be really difficult. What are the criteria on which to score?

I think GF is in a class of its own.

Boomtown wins over SC every time.

Don't get me wrong, SC is a "nice" festival.and very suited to those who want to try out a festival, or who like some good music with very little hassle. Now I'm going to get shouted down here for being un-pc but if I said it was full of London w*nkers - would you get where I'm coming from?

Boomtown is NOT for first timers, the easily intimidated or precious people. It is loud, edgy, busy, full of energy, imagination, artistic flare and 24 hours - a - day - full - on magic.

It would be really difficult. What are the criteria on which to score?

I think GF is in a class of its own.

Boomtown wins over SC every time.

Don't get me wrong, SC is a "nice" festival.and very suited to those who want to try out a festival, or who like some good music with very little hassle. Now I'm going to get shouted down here for being un-pc but if I said it was full of London w*nkers - would you get where I'm coming from?

Boomtown is NOT for first timers, the easily intimidated or precious people. It is loud, edgy, busy, full of energy, imagination, artistic flare and 24 hours - a - day - full - on magic.

I know exactly what you mean by London barclaybankers!!!

Thanks for the summing up - I fancy Boomtown but am not sure Ali would 'cope' with it yet.

well a nice sunny day but we seem to have lost the warmth .......not good...but we did manage to get 25ltr of wine on the go lol .......apparently it only takes 2 weeks and itll be ready ...

ill let you know wot its like old sons/ladys

Shut it old git. That's you off the invitations to my birthday drinks!

Everyone else is welcome BTW, Manchester on Bank Holiday Sunday the 24th

I best cancel the flight then!

First day in Chile today. Santiago, the capital. It's the most European feeling place I've been in since I was last in Europe. I've been gorging on a sense of the familiar. Most welcome after the madness of Bolivia.

And the wine is soooo cheap here too. I have missed wine so much. Not any more!

Shut it old git. That's you off the invitations to my birthday drinks!

Everyone else is welcome BTW, Manchester on Bank Holiday Sunday the 24th

First day in Chile today. Santiago, the capital. It's the most European feeling place I've been in since I was last in Europe. I've been gorging on a sense of the familiar. Most welcome after the madness of Bolivia.

You can get a lovely cofffee from a cafe at the top of the big hill!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning.

Had to starve and have no coffee as had to go to docs for blood tests - nothing serious just a health check.

Back now, coffee in hand. Happy now

I hate having those blood tests, it takes ages for them to find blood as you havent had anything to drink and you're all dried up!!

Hoorah for coffee! I've had 2 now and am starting to wake up....

Nice day out there today, although hope it doesnt get colder!

Keeps r***ing here I recon I may of upset the gods cos every time I go outside they get me.

Coffee is good had a few already finally waking up.

Really hate the fasting blood tests note to self really need to book one as should of arranged it for July oops.

Hope everyone is ok today :)

The worst thing about the tests was not having the coffee........................

especially when we were told that we could have tea or coffee as long as it was black with no sugar!!!!

I am now very full of coffee and wide awake :nyam:

Remember, no caffeine after 3pm or you won't sleep tonight! ;)