• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Spoken to Mrs Matty.

I will not post details, but having family issues and things going wrong, unfortunatly at the same time. he knows I am here if I can help and also everyone thinking of him. I passed on everyone's good wishes which was appreciated.

He sends thanks and hugs to everyone.

I know you and Matty are friends in the 'real world' too, so thanks for passing on our wishes, slodge.

Oh Matt I do hope things sort themselves out soon and you're not too troubled. My thoughts go out to you with virtual hugs.

Thurlow good luck to you for Monday... 3 hours of your life back each day is huge.

Ben as HMV says, you should watch the video I've posted, when you have 1.5 hours spare. My you have been busy! Make sure you tell us all when you're on tv!

Slodge thanx for giving our best to Matty.

Lucy how has your day gone? Is the gin out of your system yet?

Edited by Curlygirl

Watched that last year before my first time attending. Got me properly excited. Highly recommend for Ben!

Thanks, HMV - I might have watched some of it before...ever since deciding to go, and getting my ticket, I have been on a high-GF diet! Will def watch it in its entirety...I love the whole after hours culture of my annual festival and that's when I feel most alive, so it will really resonate with me.

Yeah, the telly thing is quite exciting. I know that TV people are paid to schmooze, but they really were super lovely.

Ben

Oh Matt I do hope things sort themselves out soon and you're not too troubled. My thoughts go out to you with virtual hugs.

Thurlow good luck to you for Monday... 3 hours of your life back each day is huge.

Ben as HMV says, you should watch the video I've posted, when you have 1.5 hours spare. My you have been busy! Make sure you tell us all when you're on tv!

Slodge thanx for giving our best to Matty.

Lucy how has your day gone? Is the gin out of your system yet?

Yes, Lucy, are you de-pickled?!

It's funny - as you guys know, I don't drink (purely a 'taste' thing...it's just disgusting to these taste buds), but the penalty drink du jour when I was at medical school, was gin. Standard sentence for a transgression (usually sport related) was 8 gins, served in a half-pint glass, with a 'dash' of tonic...typically they would just hold a small mixer bottle and splash it over you whilst you downed the 8 gins in one. I did it in my first week at med school, and promptly hurled on the train back to my hall of residence.

I then 'self-medicated' with 2x standard dose on the night I qualified as a doctor, as I had promised a pal that I would do it for her - no-one had ever seen me pissed, obviously - and couldn't let her down. No hurling this time, but suitably off noggin. Then the last time (and so the last time I drank more than a sip of anything alcoholic) was on my stag night in 1993, when I had 2 x standard dose (what the hell was it about gin?), 4 Bacardi's and LOTS of coke, and 3 peach schnapps (no, neither do I), before falling into bed at 5am with my best man.

Mrs Ben had her hen night (also in London, where we trained - she's a nurse. obviously) on the same night, and we drove back to our new, and first married, home in Malvern the next day. We were both still a bit curdled, both foul, and had the most blazing hungover row, resulting in me pulling the car over at about half way, getting out, leaving the door open and engine running, storming 'round to her side, effing and jeffing, to inform her that if she was so much better, she could funning well drive the rest of the way! Thank the stars we weren't breathalyser. I think we'd have broken the machine...

Ben

id just like to say a big thank you to slodge and debs for a great afternoon and the fish and chips lol...........it was well worth the drive

G

Guy

It was so good to see you and Sharon, really enjoyed catching up also glad you brought the good weather, was lovely and toasty outside The George having a beer.

Looking forward to meeting again very soon.

Hugs xx

Edited by slodge

Oh No! That sounds horrible. I hope she's OK. What breed is Tippy, HMV...?

Ben

She's a lurcher and been acting fine otherwise. Eating and being her usual self. Just all of a sudden I looked at her beside me on the sofa and her head was shaking all over the place.

She's a lurcher and been acting fine otherwise. Eating and being her usual self. Just all of a sudden I looked at her beside me on the sofa and her head was shaking all over the place.

Not being too much of an idiot, but defo not dreaming? Orlagh, my Wheaten (you should appreciate that, Emerald Isle, girl!) does weird things when she's dreaming. How long did it last?

Ben

Not being too much of an idiot, but defo not dreaming? Orlagh, my Wheaten (you should appreciate that, Emerald Isle, girl!) does weird things when she's dreaming. How long did it last?

Ben

most definitely not dreaming, she was looking at me and trying to lick me and looked well freaked out. Tipp isn't a shappy deer hound cross although I adore that kind. Shes a smooth haired lurcher.

Heres the two terrors in their favourite place on the sofa.

10846258_10152385393141735_1476259128814

Watching only connect, hate that they've dumbed it down for bbc 2

I remember when i couldnt get any answer at the semi final stage

I'm watching Indias Frontier Railways. Very interesting and also quite sad. Makes me realise how lucky I am. I'm very thankful for all I have and do.

most definitely not dreaming, she was looking at me and trying to lick me and looked well freaked out. Tipp isn't a shappy deer hound cross although I adore that kind. Shes a smooth haired lurcher.

Heres the two terrors in their favourite place on the sofa.

10846258_10152385393141735_1476259128814

Absolutely bloody gorgeous! Will try to sort a pic of Orlagh ASAP.

Hope all OK...

Ben

x

OMG, freaked out here. My poor Tippy looked like she was having a head seizure. Her head was shaking uncontrollably.

Gonna have to get her to the vets tomorrow.

Oh no! I hope she will be ok! Keep us updated please. It's so scary when they're poorly. Thinking of you... And tippy.