NFR NFC >>>>>>2015

guypjfreak

Sainsbury's do this bag of frozen celery, onions and carrots finely chopped. Really easy way to be nice veggies into a sauce without loads of chopping.

Anyway, Neil is messing with everyone on the headliner thread by dangling Radiohead, the bugger. They're one of the few bands that could make me rethink my 'not going'

Edited by stuartbert two hats

• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Happy Wednesday, folks

Curlygirl - Sam update, please

HMV - latest on Tippy, pleaseB

You girls are not keeping us adequately informed of pooch status!

Busy day already here at Ben Towers™. I've done the ASDA shopping, walked the dog, been for a run, made a pasta bake for the kids' tea and hung out the washing! Just catching up here before a few more bits and bobs and then to work for the evening shift.

Lucy - I was listening to the new Hot Chip album whilst hanging out the washing. It's ace. I am defo going to hold you to you and me dancing like madmen to their GF205 set whilst nicely mashed!

I went to a slightly posh taster-menu restaurant a month or two ago. Just not my thing at all. I'm an adventurous eater, but this was just a bit too poncy for me. Anyway, of the 5 'courses' (not enough on each plate to satisfy an anorexic ant), my favourite was celery that had been braised for 24 hours, served with goats cheese 'n' stuff. It was, surprisingly, really quite yummy!

Ben

Happy Wednesday, folks

Busy day already here at Ben Towers. I've done the ASDA shopping, walked the dog, been for a run, made a pasta bake for the kids' tea and hung out the washing! Just catching up here before a few more bits and bobs and then to work for the evening shift.

Lucy - I was listening to the new Hot Chip album whilst hanging out the washing. It's ace. I am defo going to hold you to you and me dancing like madmen to their GF205 set whilst nicely mashed!

I went to a slightly posh taster-menu restaurant a month or two ago. Just not my thing at all. I'm an adventurous eater, but this was just a bit too poncy for me. Anyway, of the 5 'courses' (not enough on each plate to satisfy an anorexic ant), my favourite was celery that had been braised for 24 hours, served with goats cheese 'n' stuff. It was, surprisingly, really quite yummy!

Ben

Afternoon Ben. I have no news to update, Sams appt isn't until 17:50 tonight. Hopefully all will be revealed then, tho I doubt it! Thanx for asking though.

It is a beautiful day for hanging out washing!! My first load of the year is out there too.

The reason it was really quite yummy is it was coated with goats cheese which has lots of flavour. I reckon I could quite like that and I hate celery... And love goats cheese.

Happy Wednesday, folks

Busy day already here at Ben Towers™. I've done the ASDA shopping, walked the dog, been for a run, made a pasta bake for the kids' tea and hung out the washing! Just catching up here before a few more bits and bobs and then to work for the evening shift.

Ben

Wow you have been busy!

I must investigate Hot Chip more! I would like to add a caveat- Clashes Permitting- to our Dancing Like Loons Date! ;)

That celery does sound good. I'm currently attempting to lose a bit of weight and ALL food (except mushrooms) sounds good. I wish I had the metabolism of my 15 year old self still!!!

hello all

for clarifitcation, here's some facts:

avacado/guacamole - delicious

mushrooms - shit

celery - pointless, except for flavouring soups

bye

I love mushrooms. When I (rarely) cook, it always includes mushrooms. If I get takeaway, it includes mushrooms. I love mushrooms. I also love onions. White or red, raw or cooked. Love them the same amount as I love mushrooms.

I love mushrooms. When I (rarely) cook, it always includes mushrooms. If I get takeaway, it includes mushrooms. I love mushrooms. I also love onions. White or red, raw or cooked. Love them the same amount as I love mushrooms.

there are some flavour advantages to be found in funghi, i accept. but the texture, ugh, the texture. not for me.

i did have some mushrooms in Amsterdam last year though, but that was a different situation.

there are some flavour advantages to be found in funghi, i accept. but the texture, ugh, the texture. not for me.

i did have some mushrooms in Amsterdam last year though, but that was a different situation.

Chinese mushrooms are slimy! The texture is always wrong. As for the Dam ones, I thought they weren't cooked so the texture should be fine. However, I'm probably talking out of my arse cos I've never had them.

Chinese mushrooms are slimy! The texture is always wrong. As for the Dam ones, I thought they weren't cooked so the texture should be fine. However, I'm probably talking out of my arse cos I've never had them.

the 'Dam ones were dried, and knocked back with cheap lager. no expense spent.