NFR NFC >>>>>>2015

guypjfreak

Don't scream in horror but I met someone once who went to glasto and she never left her tent the whole weekend, she was camped in earshot of the pyramid stage and spent the whole weekend chatting to folk passing by and had a great time. Each to their own :)

I spent virtually the whole of one sweltering hot Glastonbury in my tent once. Unfortunately it was the result of having partaken of acid and listening to a trainee psychiatrist analyse everybody in the group up to the point where some of us got the fear and had to hide in our tents. The only problem there was that it was oppresively hot in the tent and you could still hear people being analysed outside of the tent ie it was hellish. I completely wasted the whole of Glastonbury that year. I'd have been better off not going.

• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Very true and some really great songs, I guess suppers ready just holds a special place in my heart

Nuff said

In fact, it was Foxtrot that first got me into Genesis, and started my life-long obsession with music. My Dad, who had moved to Canada when I was about 7, recorded the entire Genesis back catalogue onto old medical education cassettes, and sent them to me in a shoebox! The opening chords of 'Watcher of the Skies' really hit me, and I was hooked. Supper's Ready became a very important song of my youth, and a gateway drug to so much music...

Ben

I spent virtually the whole of one sweltering hot Glastonbury in my tent once. Unfortunately it was the result of having partaken of acid and listening to a trainee psychiatrist analyse everybody in the group up to the point where some of us got the fear and had to hide in our tents. The only problem there was that it was oppresively hot in the tent and you could still hear people being analysed outside of the tent ie it was hellish. I completely wasted the whole of Glastonbury that year. I'd have been better off not going.

You have the best stories, Yog.

Night everyone.

Ben

x

Oh yog you poor thing, did make me chuckle tho :) I had an amazing experience with acid, the most intense positive feelings - almost spiritual. It left me feeling great for weeks bit also made me realise I would not like to experience that degree of intensity of any negative feelings. The very thought makes me shudder x

Oh yog you poor thing, did make me chuckle tho :) I had an amazing experience with acid, the most intense positive feelings - almost spiritual. It left me feeling great for weeks bit also made me realise I would not like to experience that degree of intensity of any negative feelings. The very thought makes me shudder x

I'll not touch the stuff again, nor mushrooms for that matter. It's a case of I no longer want to experience that kind of disassociation from what I assume is the real world - although I'm a bit wobbly on that outlook too.

My brother once took some mushrooms before he got on to the train from Coventry to Birmingham. Initially it all went well - until he realised that all the passengers around him were vampires. Unfortunately some of these experiences can go either way so I'm bowing out before I get the same train. :)

I'll not touch the stuff again, nor mushrooms for that matter. It's a case of I no longer want to experience that kind of disassociation from what I assume is the real world - although I'm a bit wobbly on that outlook too.

My brother once took some mushrooms before he got on to the train from Coventry to Birmingham. Initially it all went well - until he realised that all the passengers around him were vampires. Unfortunately some of these experiences can go either way so I'm bowing out before I get the same train. :)

although it was amazing I know how unpredictable it can be. I had a bit of a symbolic moment in the bathroom when it was building, it was all centred around the bathroom door and whether to leave it open or closed. Scary and exciting at the same time. I then decided to go for it, I remember saying to my best friend "just hold on tight and keep breathing" it just went wild after that. I'm glad it was great but I'm in no hurry to go again, id rather leave it at that than end up having a bad trip and be left feeling my brains never going to be the same again.

although it was amazing I know how unpredictable it can be. I had a bit of a symbolic moment in the bathroom when it was building, it was all centred around the bathroom door and whether to leave it open or closed. Scary and exciting at the same time. I then decided to go for it, I remember saying to my best friend "just hold on tight and keep breathing" it just went wild after that. I'm glad it was great but I'm in no hurry to go again, id rather leave it at that than end up having a bad trip and be left feeling my brains never going to be the same again.

I once took acid in a night club in my youth and found to my horror that I needed to go to the toilet. To cut a long story short I couldn't ascertain whether I'd finished my toilet duties or not. That was a troublesome moment in time.

I once took acid in a night club in my youth and found to my horror that I needed to go to the toilet. To cut a long story short I couldn't ascertain whether I'd finished my toilet duties or not. That was a troublesome moment in time.[/quote

Christ how confusing! monitoring my fluid intake and output comes between me and my wits when I use substances that would throw me completely.

Edited by Babylon sister

Trick Of The Tail is better than both of 'em...

Morning Ben, Hmm not sure about that, dance on a volcano and Los endos are great, I'd probably put nursery crime in front trick of the tail. Then there's trespass, the knife is another favourite. Too many great tracks to choose from the Gabriel era, short though that was ;)

Selling England by the pound is another great album. I'm not a fan of tribute bands but The Musical Box are very good if you haven't seen them. I should add that I do like a lot of the Phil Collins stuff although it gets more a bit more like pop as the years role on. I've never seen Gabriel play with Genesis as I was only 11 when he left the band. I have seen him on his own tho and he was awesome.

Crumbs sorry Genie, and Ben! should have gone to spec savers!!!! Thank god the cricket is finished, I'll get my life back for a bit now :)

Edited by Babylon sister

Ello! Lazy day here today. Might not get dressed. Nice.

I second the "going to the loo on acid" fear. It is terrifying! Last time I did mushrooms I had a right nightmare, I couldn't even work my handbag. It wasn't a fun night at all. I may or may not do it again, don't like leaving things on a bad note.

Suppose I'd better put some washing on. Then again I may leave it til tomorrow.

When I was 17 I had a mate who left a house party to go home and nearly fell in the Leeds - Liverpool canal trying to rescue what he could only describe later as a knitted man. This was on a combination of two types of travel sickness pills.

Edit. He also had spent about an hour working on his lathe at work. Said lathe was my girlfriend's mums ironing board.

I took a lot of convincing that this had happened as I was talking to him at the time (i wasn't).

Thank god we only took half the amount that our friends had recommended. The trip lasted over 16 hours and I was still having flashbacks a week later.

Edited by jeffie

Trick Of The Tail is better than both of 'em...

Morning Ben, Hmm not sure about that, dance on a volcano and Los endos are great, I'd probably put nursery crime in front trick of the tail. Then there's trespass, the knife is another favourite. Too many great tracks to choose from the Gabriel era, short though that was ;)

Selling England by the pound is another great album. I'm not a fan of tribute bands but The Musical Box are very good if you haven't seen them. I should add that I do like a lot of the Phil Collins stuff although it gets more a bit more like pop as the years role on. I've never seen Gabriel play with Genesis as I was only 11 when he left the band. I have seen him on his own tho and he was awesome.

Crumbs sorry Genie, and Ben! should have gone to spec savers!!!! Thank god the cricket is finished, I'll get my life back for a bit now :)

Thanks for noticing, Babs, and no offence Genie, but no WAY is TOTT better than Foxtrot, or the Lamb. I was a HUGE Genesis fan in my youth, and so have much fondness for both the Peter and Phil eras - I even love the live extended version of Abacab...it's amazing!

Trick of the Tail was a remarkable album to be made in light of Gabriel leaving, and all the various periods in the band's history have great things to offer. But if I could only choose one, it would be material up to, and including, The Lamb.

Hope you're not too pooped post-cricket!

Ben

Fuck this weather and the apparent return to winter.

I was, during the course of last night, thrown into a tizzy of summery nostalgia by a mate posting an old photo of us from way back when. 2001 to be exact. Ibiza - one of my favourite places on earth.

11080355_10152625653745916_9029081633680

that's me in the middle, holding the absinthe, looking all skinny and tanned like i'm part of a boyband or something. Not even this foul Mancunian day can steal my sunshine!

:D