• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Morning guy.

I haven't actually gone to bed yet. There seems little point doing so now, when I have to start doing serious stuff fairly soon anyway.

It's not T day yet, what else can be as serious?

It's not T day yet, what else can be as serious?

Driving a long way north up the M6. It'll be worth it though, as a mad weekend with friends will be the result. We are also going to spend a couple of days in the lake district after the weekend. All jolly good but I'm the one doing the driving and I do find driving long distances tiresome at times. Mostly it's fun though as me and the wife tend to have a great laugh. She brings ice and gin and tonic and proceeds to get inebriated. I, on the other hand, can't do this - which is probably the reason I find driving long distances tiresome if I drill down into the true cause.

Driving a long way north up the M6. It'll be worth it though, as a mad weekend with friends will be the result. We are also going to spend a couple of days in the lake district after the weekend. All jolly good but I'm the one doing the driving and I do find driving long distances tiresome at times. Mostly it's fun though as me and the wife tend to have a great laugh. She brings ice and gin and tonic and proceeds to get inebriated. I, on the other hand, can't do this - which is probably the reason I find driving long distances tiresome if I drill down into the true cause.

I also hate driving long distances - this weekend we get to drive to Worksop and then later further on to York. Some pleasure and some family stuff.

However, I shall be glad when Monday comes.

Morning all!

One thing (amongst many) that I like about you lot, is whenever I pop in to say hi, you all make me smile! :)

T Day is scary but I think a bit of The Fear gives you more determination!!

Yog, hope the drive is ok for you today. I'm not a fan of long drives either, I tend to go the scenic route to keep it interesting. Matt, have a good time Oop North :)

I'm not of the "hammer F5" school of thought. Rather, I prefer to get loads of browsers set up on multiple devices, preferably with some connected via wi-fi and some via 3/4G. Then refresh each browser one at a time - by the time I've got to the end, the first one has normally timed out, at which point I refresh again. I'd hate to have a page that was actually connected - with the server processing the request slowly - when I hit refresh and cancel my opportunity for a ticket. I believe this to be the correct course of action because of my years of experience of a web developer. But....

It's all bollocks though, might as well touch wood and say The Lord's Prayer backwards.

It's luck.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

All this talk about ticket day is making me nervous, especially as my broadband has been as reliable as a Alfa Romeo, apparently it's fixed now tho :)

Better start the pre ticket day ritual soon, this involves updating the PC (then turn auto updated off) check all my browsers are working and up to date, a defrag and clean up, check browsers are working and finally most important put new batteries in keyboard and mouse.

I'm not of the "hammer F5" school of thought. Rather, I prefer to get loads of browsers set up on multiple devices, preferably with some connected via wi-fi and some via 3/4G. Then refresh each browser one at a time - by the time I've got to the end, the first one has normally timed out, at which point I refresh again. I'd hate to have a page that was actually connected - with the server processing the request slowly - when I hit refresh and cancel my opportunity for a ticket. I believe this to be the correct course of action because of my years of experience of a web developer.

HELP

Scientist alert.

All this talk about ticket day is making me nervous, especially as my broadband has been as reliable as a Alfa Romeo, apparently it's fixed now tho :)

Better start the pre ticket day ritual soon, this involves updating the PC (then turn auto updated off) check all my browsers are working and up to date, a defrag and clean up, check browsers are working and finally most important put new batteries in keyboard and mouse.

You're using a wireless keyboard and mouse??? You don't deserve to go with such a maverick attitude! ;)

All will make no difference really - I just run C Cleaner an hour before and then have nothing but GF windows open.

All will make no difference really - I just run C Cleaner an hour before and then have nothing but GF windows open.

The batteries will make a difference. All those tales last year of people spending ages typing their details in and losing their tickets. Which reminds me...

Get all your details ready in Notepad or similar to copy and paste. DO NOT WASTE TIME TYPING!