• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

but can we try to keep politics and religion out of this thread please?

That's OK with me. I much prefer a happy thread too.

I've just come back from shopping at Poundland. I have bought industrial quantities of super glue and two boxes of latex gloves. Now, stop what you are thinking right now! It's for a couple of art projects I'm working on. Honest.

That's OK with me. I much prefer a happy thread too.

I've just come back from shopping at Poundland. I have bought industrial quantities of super glue and two boxes of latex gloves. Now, stop what you are thinking right now! It's for a couple of art projects I'm working on. Honest.

Does it involve sticking all the gloves together to make a big hand out of them? That would be fun. I love art. You'll have to show us some of your work, I'd like to see some, if you wouldn't mind of course :)

Does it involve sticking all the gloves together to make a big hand out of them? That would be fun. I love art. You'll have to show us some of your work, I'd like to see some, if you wouldn't mind of course :)

I use the gloves to stop getting superglue on my fingers. The problem that occurs then is that the fingers of the gloves get all stuck together. Then they rip, then I still use them, then I get superglue on my fingers in the end anyway!

I'm mostly working on creating different types of heads at the moment. I start with a plain white polystyrene head and then work on it with differing materials. I do also have other types of art that I do. I even had my first art commission recently, which was exciting.

I'll try to show you some of my art stuff on this thread, but seeing as I only learnt to download photos from a camera to my computer last night I fear it may be a step beyond me. That said, my son in law is coming to the house later so he may be able to provide the necessary expertise.

Be aware - don't expect landscapes and pretty sea side artwork type work.

I banned myself from super glue after one too many stuck together fingers episodes!

Yog your work sounds great. I do love a good landscape but I also love the sort of thing you have mentioned. I love seeing how someone has taken an idea and what they've done with it. I did that sort of thing for art A level, unfortunately it didn't fit with what the teacher liked and she was a bit of a meanie and i was made to leave the course after the first year.

Good luck trying to work out posting pics, i have no idea how to!!

Genie, well done!! Swiss rolls are tricky, i can never get them to roll!!

Agreed but can we try to keep politics and religion out of this thread please? It makes people cross and I think it would be nice to have a happy thread :) I hope that doesn't sound nasty, i don't mean it too!

In other news, i think i caught the sun a bit yesterday! Lovely day! :)

it needed to be said Lucy girl but im happy with being happy cos its happier lol

Happy is the way forward :)

Happy's better all round. Biorhythms are up, enjoyed Sunday lunch out, reading papers, and picking the last tomatoes today, checking numbers of who wants to try on T day, and now clocking off early. It's official, we are really going to Scotland for the New Year, if they'll let us in. Mrs CJ fancies travelling in the CV instead of a quick flight off somewhere. Where are me thermals... Night y'all.

Genie, well done!! Swiss rolls are tricky, i can never get them to roll!!

Maybe it was beginners luck but it seemed pretty easy! My baking book said to roll it in baking parchment while it was hot (so the parchment stops it from sticking) then unroll it when it's cool, fill it and re-roll. It's now full of chocolate ganache with rum and cinnamon, VERY tasty!

It would appear that I have partially done it. I have also accidentally included some photos of an evening meal we had this evening outside with one of my wife, her son, one of my brothers, and two mutual friends. I, will of course, be the ugly fat bastard that looks like he's going to have the wrong type of stroke any minute.

It would appear that I have partially done it. I have also accidentally included some photos of an evening meal we had this evening outside with one of my wife, her son, one of my brothers, and two mutual friends. I, will of course, be the ugly fat bastard that looks like he's going to have the wrong type of stroke any minute.

nice pics and creations, certainly better than the Tetley in Leeds. Is there a right type of stroke?

Liking the work - and the home photos too and the cardigan!

nice pics and creations, certainly better than the Tetley in Leeds. Is there a right type of stroke?

I think matt has answered that question sufficiently, so I'll leave it at that.

I wasn't even aware of the Tetley in Leeds. I used to go up to Leeds quite a lot in years gone by, although never really went around the city centre. Mainly I used to head to the Headingley area for all day drinking sessions. I remember one memorable performance on a Sunday when they used to shut the pubs in the afternoon because the law then demanded that they did so. We walked straight out of the pub and into the Headingley cricket ground. Then we strolled into the members club like we owned the place and continued to get served alcohol. Then the two people I was with decided to set their own hair on fire, and did so, with quite remarkable success. It was at this point that an old member wearing a tie and blazer and looking very official told us to get out of the club house immediately. This we did, with both my friends heads still smoking from the fire that had taken place on their own heads. You may want to know that one of those people (who I lost touch with years ago) is now very high up in determining your regions health care up there. Very reassuring I'm sure.