• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Yog- love it! Absolutely really do love all the art.

And the cardi :)

Genie, I officially have swiss roll envy!

My choir starts tonight, I shall be the croaky one tomorrow then.....

Thanks lucy. I'm happy that you like it. I'll admit that it's probably not everybody's cup of tea, but creating the items makes me happy so I'll plod on with making more stuff.

I haven't religiously followed this thread of late so didn't know that you have joined a choir. I hope it all goes well for you tonight and that it's a really enjoyable experience. :)

Greetings all just.back home after first part of holidays, what a fab weekend that was as well, so relaxed and happy.

Festivals booked so far bearded theory and shambala. Next year is going to be a busy one looking at possibles list.

Right time to pack for part two.

Speak when I can dependant on mobile reception.

Peace love and cider :)

Greetings all just.back home after first part of holidays, what a fab weekend that was as well, so relaxed and happy.

Festivals booked so far bearded theory and shambala. Next year is going to be a busy one looking at possibles list.

Hello slodge

Bearded Theory and Shambala booked for next year this end too. Hopefully you, matt and me will get to hook up and have a cider or two. Happy holidays :)

It was great! I've been doing it for about 16/17 years. It's a community choir but we do big choral works. This year, it's Faure's Requiem and Handel's Coronation Anthems. Pleased to report I wasn't rusty :)

That sounds ace (if you'll excuse the pun). I know it's not quite the same thing (as in, it's totally different!) but I have always wanted to go to one of the Christmas carol services at Kings College in Cambridge. I've heard (on the radio) the one they do for airing on Christmas Eve, and it just sounds majestic. The only problem is that I don't live there and don't fancy the queuing requirements - start queuing at about 7am in order to get in for the service at 3pm (a bit like a Glastonbury queue!).

See you at Shambala Spoldge!

It was great! I've been doing it for about 16/17 years. It's a community choir but we do big choral works. This year, it's Faure's Requiem and Handel's Coronation Anthems. Pleased to report I wasn't rusty :)

That sounds great! Faure's requiem is Mrs CJ's favourite. I'm a bit of a heathen in that sphere, I enjoy the music and operas but can't remember the names. We're lucky oop 'ere in Leeds to have a range of fancy dancing in tights (ballet), opera, film festivals and other stuff, although the Cockpit has just shut for H&S and ongoing revenue reasons.

Yog, can't you go in the van to queue, set up your chairs at 7am, and keep going back to the van for tea and butties? We do that with a venue near Farndale. It's an unlicenced tin hall, we start with a curry and cocktails, watch the band and then kip in the carpark afterwards.

I do love a good sing! The Requiem is lovely, we sang through a lot of it last night. I'm quite good at sight reading (been reading music since I was about 5) and it's a useful skill to have :)

And singing Handel is always great fun. Lots of twiddly bits and some long high notes. Splendid!!

I'm not a fan of doing solos though, so you'll have to put up with the whole choir if you want to hear me!!

Yog- I'd love to go to the carols too, but queueing all day in winter doesnt sound fun!!

I do love a good sing! The Requiem is lovely, we sang through a lot of it last night. I'm quite good at sight reading (been reading music since I was about 5) and it's a useful skill to have :)

And singing Handel is always great fun. Lots of twiddly bits and some long high notes. Splendid!!

I'm not a fan of doing solos though, so you'll have to put up with the whole choir if you want to hear me!!

Yog- I'd love to go to the carols too, but queueing all day in winter doesnt sound fun!!

Ali sung in the Royal Albert Hall when she was at school.................

We have a choir.................... a very small 2 lady choir but we have a choir.

Edited by mattyc1965

Ali sung in the Royal Albert Hall when she was at school.................

We have a choir.................... a very small 2 lady choir but we have a choir.

I'd love to sing there! They do a scratch Messiah every year, where you have a rehearsal in the afternoon then performance in the evening, I love the Messiah! One year I'll do it...!

I liked that jacket!!!

Efests singalong next year then? :)

I'm 'not going' this year though. That's why I'm on this forum every day.

I actually think I won't be going. I promised I wouldn't go as soon as I came back (possibly even over the phone). Baby two hats woke up every day saying "daddy". Including two days of sleep, I stopped parenting for practically a full week. Not really fair.

It's all fatyeti's fault - if he'd have come along this year, then I wouldn't have made such rash promises to not go again, as it would have been ace as usual. This year, unfortunately it was just "really good".

And no, I'm not taking a toddler to Glastonbury, not without the comfort of something like a camper-van, which I can't afford. Plus, I go to Glastonbury to get off my face for 5 days, looking after a little 'un doesn't really factor into that.

Of course, in a couple of weeks, I may end up putting a deposit down 'just in case'. More likely if I do go, I'll be trying in the resale. Not looking likely at the moment though, this time last year I was 85% sure I was going and had the full support of Mrs two hats. She doesn't seem so keen this year, I think I've left it a bit late for a full-on Glasto campaign.

Ooh, that's like PROPER singing and everything! Did a bit of that when I was Uni. I used to sing soprano when I did amateur musicals but I dropped down to alto because I prefer the challenge of not singing the tune than the challenge of hitting the high notes. Not many fellas in either so I even got to sing tenor sometimes!

I miss proper singing. Wish I had more evenings in the week!