Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

4 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Yeah theyre 11-1 so heading over SEC you’d not be getting there till 2, think their peak entry hours are 12-1 post headliners

How difficult is it getting into SEC at night? First time going this year and reading stuff about how long the queues can take!

5 minutes ago, andrewm1997 said:

How difficult is it getting into SEC at night? First time going this year and reading stuff about how long the queues can take!

Immediately after the headliners there was typically a big queue. But it moved reasonably quickly. Going before headliners or an hour always avoided any queues.

I didn’t end up in the queue at all last year but i’ve been told that the massive scale of IICON has improved things a lot as removes that bottleneck - so maybe i either timed it well or maybe that was why,

Edited by Twiggy553

10 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

Is it?

Feel like I read on here that Chems will be on around headliner time, which is before SEC starts ramping up in business.

0:00/1:30 start time is what you need if you're trying to get people away from SEC (like Calvin Harris)

see below

I think them starting around midnight would just cause a repeat of last year, having them earlier is sensible. While the SE corner gets busy AFAIK it doesn't get park/arcadia level crush busy

Hot Chip being by SH/San Remo will hopefully help disperse crowds a bit too

5 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Yeah theyre 11-1 so heading over SEC you’d not be getting there till 2, think their peak entry hours are 12-1 post headliners

length is unknown but think 2 is probably a good guess

4 hours ago, nikkic said:

Is there solid info Chems are on at that time then? 

If so that’s my imaginary night instantly gone!! 

they made a fb event saying 11

where are you planning to be instead? Hot Chip?

1 hour ago, gfa said:

see below

I think them starting around midnight would just cause a repeat of last year, having them earlier is sensible. While the SE corner gets busy AFAIK it doesn't get park/arcadia level crush busy

Hot Chip being by SH/San Remo will hopefully help disperse crowds a bit too

length is unknown but think 2 is probably a good guess

they made a fb event saying 11

where are you planning to be instead? Hot Chip?

Yeah that’s plan A. 

Seen both a million times so I could be swayed if there’s something elsewhere, but currently Fred into HC is our Friday. 

2 hours ago, andrewm1997 said:

Post headliners the queues move relatively quickly, it's more so that it's incredibly busy and can get a little uncomfortable at times but once it settles down, it's absolutely fine.

Basically, if there's something you really want to see at the SEC after the headliners, it's better to leave before the end of the set to avoid the rush.

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Saw that yesterday. That could be absolutely rammed! (and BU is not big!)

Ben

Ive not been to that stage before so it could be something i go to this year. Wanting to do more exploring of the farm this year instead of the main stages, especially in the day.

Just now, MadDog29 said:

Ive not been to that stage before so it could be something i go to this year. Wanting to do more exploring of the farm this year instead of the main stages, especially in the day.

It's fun in there, as people have usually made an effort specifically to go there, so the vibe is always amazing. It's easy to miss, tho, despite it being fucking loud as you walk past in the Markets area!

Ben

• Thanks 1

Some DJs/lives that have caught my eye so far. Will no doubt miss half of these. But getting a nice little list going…

Leftfield, Skream b2b interplanetary criminal, flowdan, Nia Archives, altern8 b2b shadow child, 4am Krew, Digital mystiks (mala + coki), Ec2a takeover (dj cosworth, Dr Dubplate), Eats Everything History of rave. 

3 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

It's fun in there, as people have usually made an effort specifically to go there, so the vibe is always amazing. It's easy to miss, tho, despite it being fucking loud as you walk past in the Markets area!

Ben

Didn't they change that area a little bit last year and there was more space I seem to remember? It's often going off when I walk past, great little stage.

35 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

@bennyhana22 - Carl Cox confirmed on Faceache that his Glade set is techno. As soon as it said Hybrid, you knew it would be, but that's the confirmation.

Yup - totally up for that. The addition of pads and percussion should be perfect Glade, so long as it's loud enough. 

The big question is, tho', what time is the 'headliner'? Assuming we're calling Digweed the headliner last year, that was 0040-0255h.

There could be a pretty amazing choice of dance sets across the site at that time, with Camelphat and Ewan McVicar pulling a lot to The Levels, Arcadia, and we haven't even had Block9 yet. Bravo, Glastonbury.

Ben 

50 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Yup - totally up for that. The addition of pads and percussion should be perfect Glade, so long as it's loud enough. 

The big question is, tho', what time is the 'headliner'? Assuming we're calling Digweed the headliner last year, that was 0040-0255h.

There could be a pretty amazing choice of dance sets across the site at that time, with Camelphat and Ewan McVicar pulling a lot to The Levels, Arcadia, and we haven't even had Block9 yet. Bravo, Glastonbury.

Ben 

I think (and definitely don't quote me on this) that the Headliner will be "at standard headliner time" - i.e. 10-12.  That's when the biggest names are on there generally. So I suspect Carl Cox is up against Arctic Monkeys rather than after them.