Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

3 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

San Remo lineups are usually massive, such a shame the location often leads me to have to pick between the entire SEC vs San Remo at that time. 

SEC Diversity & stage count usually wins out. 

Expecting both those two remaining lineups to be massive. 

It’s just a bit “cokey” though, isn’t it

33 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Has anyone seen a steve davis set? I haven't. I am not one for "celebrity" sets, but he seems to have a passion for techno. I might be there on the Friday night / Sat morning.

Saw him in Stonebridge. It was very varied and slightly more of a novelty than a set that really engaged me, though it was fun. And, of course, it was attended by the four lads in white shirts, black trousers and waistcoats, bow ties and carrying mini snooker cues. They were, quite rightly, allowed to jump the massive Stonebridge queue. Good effort that. 

Ben

Edit: just to clarify, I'd be astonished if he played a set that either you or I would describe as a techno set, Fuzzy. 

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Saw him in Stonebridge. It was very varied and slightly more of a novelty than a set that really engaged me, though it was fun. And, of course, it was attended by the four lads in white shirts, black trousers and waistcoats, bow ties and carrying mini snooker cues. They were, quite rightly, allowed to jump the massive Stonebridge queue. Good effort that. 

Ben

Edit: just to clarify, I'd be astonished if he played a set that either you or I would describe as a techno set, Fuzzy. 

Cheers Ben.

I might not bother, but As it stands I will be watching Carl Cox on the friday. As I am in the area, I might check Steve Davis out, just out of curiosity!

44 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The Glade has pulled out some good names for me Kolsch was great last time I saw him

I'm always a bit wary of Kölsch as he can play some rather flappy hand stuff! Saying that, I saw him on The Blues on the Thursday once and he was excellent. It was either before or after Seth Troxler which was a great double bill. 

But it was a year or so before the real Thursday evening line up expansion and it. was. ramalamadingdong. 

Ben

14 minutes ago, Grinding aftertaste said:

Anyone else hoping James Holden might pop up somewhere? Thought the glade would be a good fit but alas no. Do we tend to get many live sets in Block 9? I remember Overmono from last year but that's it.

His new album is an absolute belter. 

If we've not seen him announced yet, I'd say pretty much no chance, sorry.

Glade would have been the most likely, I guess. 

Ben

8 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'm always a bit wary of Kölsch as he can play some rather flappy hand stuff! Saying that, I saw him on The Blues on the Thursday once and he was excellent. It was either before or after Seth Troxler which was a great double bill. 

But it was a year or so before the real Thursday evening line up expansion and it. was. ramalamadingdong. 

Ben

I saw him on before Camelphat last year at the WHP. Was a freebie so I didn't complain.

Camelphat - Meh 

Kolsch was really good. Was much harder than I expected.

1 hour ago, Grinding aftertaste said:

Anyone else hoping James Holden might pop up somewhere? Thought the glade would be a good fit but alas no. Do we tend to get many live sets in Block 9? I remember Overmono from last year but that's it.

Would’ve been good. Saw him a few weeks ago in Bristol. Good support Dj too

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Cheers Ben.

I might not bother, but As it stands I will be watching Carl Cox on the friday. As I am in the area, I might check Steve Davis out, just out of curiosity!

I’ve seen him twice, once at a club in Hackney playing some really weird mix that I think was good but I was pretty out of it, it ended whit him holding aloft a strobe light looking like he had had the best time of his life,  then I walked past him in the Glade last year on the way to the SEC whilst they were playing Regulate by Warren G, I think they can change their style dramatically but it’s not going to be straight techno 

2 hours ago, Grinding aftertaste said:

there was shygirl as well 🙂 

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

i was in there too ... those guys were great 🙂 

5 minutes ago, PassingCloud said:

Can’t remember if there’s screens at Glade? Wondering if DJ Rubbish v Cassetteboy will be VJ?

When I have seen them before it has been audio only, but that was a while ago. 

• Like 1