Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

10 hours ago, PassingCloud said:

Can’t remember if there’s screens at Glade? Wondering if DJ Rubbish v Cassetteboy will be VJ?

Definitely screens there. I have seen Cassetteboy a few times (inc last year) and they have videos etc as part of it. (Greg Wallace is always on)

Edited by FuzzyDunlop
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Definitely screens there. I have seen Cassetteboy a few times (inc last year) and they have videos etc as part of it. (Greg Wallace is always on)

Along with Alan sugar and Beyoncé . It’s a festival staple this one for me . However I can’t remember going when the Tory’s weren’t In power . Did it even exist ? 

4 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Out of the blue after 4 years of silence, Julio Bashmore returns! He has also confirmed on Twitter more new music is on the way. 

do you know what stage he is on yet?

Really enjoying that tune as well

16 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

He’s not playing Glastonbury as far as I know, I was only highlighting he has new music out 

ahhh makes sense now. I think i misread in excitement. Loved his set when he played in Bristol at Beacon tower (formerly colston tower). He is a very good producer, so im happy to hear he is back behind the wheel.

13 minutes ago, stanh said:

If anyone needs some Tuesday viewing...

I wasn't much into Bonobo before a mate dragged me to this at the RAH. But I loved it so much I went to see them again at West Holts a few weeks later.

Very much a fan now.

23 minutes ago, rgalbraith said:

I wasn't much into Bonobo before a mate dragged me to this at the RAH. But I loved it so much I went to see them again at West Holts a few weeks later.

Very much a fan now.

I think he'll always be for me someone I'd happily go to see at a festival, but I'm probably not buying a ticket to a Bonobo show, or actively putting an album on (tho' I have the penultimate one on lovely vinyl).

But...that WH set was really, really good. When the WH sound team nail the electronic acts, it's the best sound on site, IMO.

Ben

59 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I think he'll always be for me someone I'd happily go to see at a festival, but I'm probably not buying a ticket to a Bonobo show, or actively putting an album on (tho' I have the penultimate one on lovely vinyl).

But...that WH set was really, really good. When the WH sound team nail the electronic acts, it's the best sound on site, IMO.

Ben

100%. Bonobo are much better live than on record (even vinyl 🙂 ). 

Seen a few electronic acts over the years at West Holts, Orbital/Faithless/Underworld to name a few, but never been really impressed with the sound BUT last year sound was really beefed up and crystal clear for the ones I saw: Bonobo, Sleaford Mods and especially Bicep which sounded truly amazing and the visuals at Bicep were really really impressive too.

WH did really well. In contrast to Arcadia and The Park especially. Glade wasn't too bad actually after midnight if you got far enough in.

Edited by rgalbraith

Bonobo was epic ❤️ 

The WH sound mixing really screwed Koffee over on Sunday afternoon though sadly.

She has such a great voice, rapping really fast in patois, but not the most powerful and all you could hear was the bass, felt like such a missed opportunity for her to shine

Edited by Twiggy553

Daniel Avery has confirmed he's playing 'late' after Helena Hauff in Silver Hayes on the Saturday. I'm not sure I can miss that 1-2. Block9 needs to come up with something pretty spectacular to tempt me away from that. If that was to take me to 3am and then hit up the SEC, that could be one serious Saturday night. 

Ben

8 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Daniel Avery has confirmed he's playing 'late' after Helena Hauff in Silver Hayes on the Saturday. I'm not sure I can miss that 1-2. Block9 needs to come up with something pretty spectacular to tempt me away from that. If that was to take me to 3am and then hit up the SEC, that could be one serious Saturday night. 

Ben

Helena Hauff is definitely on my to see list this year.

26 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

It’s Daniel, Helena, and Max Cooper. Not sure which order

19 hours ago, PassingCloud said:

Can’t remember if there’s screens at Glade? Wondering if DJ Rubbish v Cassetteboy will be VJ?

Yes as others have said, screens at the glade ~ been Sunday ritual for years to watch them. Remember watching them mid-2000s in a very muddy dance field and sure they just used to dress-up. (Photo from 2019)

IMG_9664.jpeg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, shorny said:

Are there any bass house acts this year that I'm not aware of?

Also curious if there's any fast paced techno acts that play music similar to the likes of Trym?

Cheers!

Both under represented genres at the festival tbh. Keep an eye out for the Block 9 lineup announcement but there aren't many "Teletech" style artists so far. SPFDJ and VTSS are the most obvious names that stand out, but I'm sure one of the team on here could point out one or two more. The DJ Producer might be for you, although he's probably closer to gabba than 140bpm. 

Bass house. The obvious one you're probably more than aware of would be My Nu Leng. They mix it up a bit, I think they're playing a couple times. Your best bet for this is in Silver Hayes though, I reckon. Have a search through the acts there. I think someone on here has created a handy Spotify playlist that might help.

• Like 1