Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

6 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

f**king hell, the queue for the opening of the Temple on Thursday is going to be ridiculous. Hedex b2b Bou with Eksman. The kids are gonna be all over that one

All my group of dosser mates are on about!!

Don't they know x is playing y at 4:30am !!

7 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

I'm guessing the TBA on Park Stage on Saturday has to be Roni Size and Reprezent considering he's already confirmed he's playing himself, and he doesn't appear to be anywhere else on the lineup?

I’d be surprised as he’s not played as/with Reprazent for a while and is doing a tour with LTJ Bukem this year. It’s odd he’s not on the lineup as yet but I still think it’s most likely he’ll turn up with Nia Archives as one of her ‘friends’. They’re big fans of each other.

Peach said she was closing NYC Downlow (on the poster) but now absent from the lineup and times. Wonder what happened there as was going to try and get in for that one. What's the queue like on Saturday night at 3? I'm gonna assume chocker!?

Thursday: Decision between Nia Archives -> Hodge in SE or Imogen -> VTSS
Friday: Floating Points b2b Daphni -> Or:la
Saturday: Mala -> LTJ Bukem -> NYC Downlow / Temple -> LCY b2b Misfya
Sunday: all open atm but maybe Stonebridge and Bimble Inn

Saw Sedef Adasi this Saturday at NTS Fest and it was a very mixed bag, didn't rate it much. Seemed off from what I'd seen online of em so atm leaving them out but was so looking forward to seeing them.

22 minutes ago, nikkic said:

How easy/difficult is it to get into The Temple on Thursday? 

Is it a case of queuing to get in when it opens and then staying there? 

Depends what time you want to go

The opening will be busy

38 minutes ago, nikkic said:

How easy/difficult is it to get into The Temple on Thursday? 

Is it a case of queuing to get in when it opens and then staying there? 

That's my usual move. I'm fortunate in that I can get in via the backdoor, so to speak. But yes, they hold the crowd out on the railway line before dropping the rope and then everyone pours into the Temple. Takes about ten minutes to fill up, then the queues start. Get yourself over to the south east corner early and see how the queue is building 

6 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

@nikkic Temple opening will be a nightmare to get into this year. It was bad enough last year with Deekline & Ed Solo but this year is Hedex & Bou. Arguably the two most popular DnB DJs around at the moment 

Thanks.

Seeing some drum and bass in The Temple is a yearly must for the wife and I.

Not overly fussed on which DJs we see, so we could head over later on Thursday instead of queueing for ages. (Or just go on the Sunday).

28 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Yup, it's Lonely Hearts all the way until Scalping for me, I think. 

Ben

Same here, although annoyingly Max overlaps with GnR, which we’ll go to as realistically is a once in a lifetime opportunity (we just don’t go to big stadium gigs) 

seen Max enough times for that not to matter greatly, but the visuals would have been good fodder for Acid day 😞

13 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

Same here, although annoyingly Max overlaps with GnR, which we’ll go to as realistically is a once in a lifetime opportunity (we just don’t go to big stadium gigs) 

seen Max enough times for that not to matter greatly, but the visuals would have been good fodder for Acid day 😞

Axl's voice x Acid Day. 

That's sporting...!

Ben

56 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

A bit of work yet to do before I'll have plotted my Thu-Sun nighttime routes, but can I just say...

Putting Marcel Dettmann on, in the light, at just after 9 on a Saturday night at a (non-techno) festival, is f**king ridiculous. 

Best wishes,

Ben

Very very odd. I would have thought he'd be IICONs most expensive act. Why they have him at that time, I cannot fathom

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

A bit of work yet to do before I'll have plotted my Thu-Sun nighttime routes, but can I just say...

Putting Marcel Dettmann on, in the light, at just after 9 on a Saturday night at a (non-techno) festival, is f**king ridiculous. 

Best wishes,

Ben

Worse, it's Sunday vs Elton. I get the Dettman v Elton venn diagram isn't big, but still. 

Bonkers. 

Hoping a few things change, because some things in these set times look like they were pulled out of a hat honestly. 

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

I wonder how easy/difficult it would be to drop one of his gauze curtains for the set, to allow the visual mapping...? I guess the physics of getting that set up perfectly for projection might be tricky in a festival set-up...

Ben

Nah it’s way to involving to set up for a short set in a field and needs to be really dark

hopefully the screens will be good. Be weird to book him for an A/V set if not

Edited by Twiggy553