Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

2 hours ago, Fishman said:

Yep, looking similar but after Scalping ... what? To my untrained eye it's a bit bare.

Yep, for me, at least, it's not the strongest night, though I've only done my 'first sweep'.

Options atm include Ben UFO on Genosys, then maybe Bashkka (Child 1 is excited for the latter), or even up to Bimble in Park for the Stantons!

Need to do more work on my nights, yet.

Ben

14 minutes ago, Sbco100 said:

Yeah definitely a DJ set, maybe a couple of his own chucked in? Going to be very very good

Gutted it clashes with Floating Points/Daphni but did see those both (well, Caribou) last year. 
What’s realistic time, if watching AM or Hot Chip, to gain access to IICON? 

Edit: going off your mega busy comments then is it a case of being down there before end of AM, etc? 

Edited by PassingCloud

15 minutes ago, PassingCloud said:

Gutted it clashes with Floating Points/Daphni but did see those both (well, Caribou) last year. 
What’s realistic time, if watching AM or Hot Chip, to gain access to IICON? 

If you leave AM just before the end, you'll be at IICON before midnight. Add another 10-15mins if you're going there from Woodsies, but leave a wee bit earlier or you'll hit all the chucking out times for Pointy, Other and West Holts (all 2345h!)

Edited by bennyhana22

9 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

If you leave AM just before the end, you'll be at IICON before midnight. Add another 10-15mins if you're going there from Woodsies, but leave a week bit earlier or you'll hit all the chucking out times for Pointy, Other and West Holts (all 2345h!)

Nice one. Will factor this into my dilemmas! 

16 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yep, wouldn't be surprised if the field gets closed off due to people expecting PHM. Think I'm going to avoid it, for that reason

Man! Well Maybe stick with the original plan and stay the other side. I quite fancy trying to get up to Phil Hartnoll anyway. 

17 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yep, wouldn't be surprised if the field gets closed off due to people expecting PHM. Think I'm going to avoid it, for that reason

Hopefully this will keep the queue for the Temple a bit more manageable at 1am ish

3 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yep it’s going to be crazy busy. 

I’m tempted, but with Hot Chip, Carl Cox and Chems also on offer I’ll probably go for one of them. 

Benefit of seeing HC is I’ll be close to San Remo for HAAI afterwards. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Imagine this

Finding the strength to stay away from a set like that kinda hard. 

It is a thing of beauty.

I just can't be dealing with the inevitable crowds for that one. I'm glad FT is getting some long overdue global recognition, I just wish it wasn't primarily on the back of Fred & Skrillex. You just know they'll be piling over from the Other Stage expecting the trio to be on. It'll be like the large crowd that congregated at Arcadia in 2013 expecting daft Punk to show

Just now, nikkic said:

I’m tempted, but with Hot Chip, Carl Cox and Chems also on offer I’ll probably go for one of them. 

Although Chems > Flo Po x Daphni > Sherelle is also one hell of a run. 

Just now, nikkic said:

Ahhh, an embarrassment of riches! Crazy when you think about it.

Well-established popular electronic band, one of the most prominent and influential DJs of the past three decades and one of the top three electronic duos of all time. Then the potential to walk a few yards to catch one of the most prolific DJ/producers of the past two or three years. 

All that, whilst arguably the most talked about artist in dance music from the last twelve months is playing over on the Other Stage. And that's without even considering Four Tet as an option. Or whoever's on Arcadia.

Actually, the Friday night generally is impossibly stacked for electronic music. Ridiculous.

Glastonbury, man.

9 minutes ago, Morgs47 said:

Don't complain about Dettman's times...  my number one act is Pretty Girl and she's on at midday, ughhh.  At least she has the b2b with Salute and a show in London the week before.

I think you're underestimating my sense of entitlement!

Ben

5 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

It's going to be very, very busy.

Ben

Getting there at the start will be completely fine, but rammed by the end. There's a fair bit of electronic competition

5 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

You'd like to think given Four Tet's starting time word that its not them will filter through which should help

32 minutes ago, gfa said:

Getting there at the start will be completely fine, but rammed by the end. There's a fair bit of electronic competition

You'd like to think given Four Tet's starting time word that its not them will filter through which should help

Nah, they'll pile in with utter certainty that he's bringing them on for the last 45 mins. Or something. The rumours will be spectacular! 😂

Ben

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rgalbraith said:

Tibasko info. 

Could be a nice uplifting  breaks/housey/trancey thing perfect for Sunday night finale

Screenshot_20230531_182114_Messenger.jpg

I really wanted to see these guys, but I just don't think it's gonna work for me. I'll almost certainly be in the psytrance Nirvana in the Glade Dome when they're on. Glastonbury, eh?!

Ben

7 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Nah, they'll pile in with utter certainty that he's bringing them on for the last 45 mins. Or something. The rumours will be spectacular! 😂

Ben

hahah

@rgalbraith the message below - did they say they are opposite introducing again

I saw they got Born on Road doing it, pretty big booking for them that 🙂 

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

Tibasko info? What’s your sauce?

* Grabs coats *

was on their insta i think