Prodigy....

Swine_Glasto2014

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The short, repetitive, childish lyrics of some of the tunes really irks me. I cringe when I hear them.

There are some nuggets on the new album. Rebel Radio is OK, and Destroy is not too bad. Trying to think of a highlight may be a toss up between TDIME or Invisible Sun thus far, but have not listened to it enough.

One other thing that annoys me is that some of the tunes show a seemingly very limited sound pallet from Howlett. I continuously find myself asking "what Prodigy tune is his ripping off here"..............

Its not a total car crash, but I reckon this album will get limited play and the finger will be itching a fair bit to hit the skip button on the rare occasion I do play it.............

Edited by ThomThomDrum

I'm really liking the album, it's so obviously them and no change in any direction but it was never going to be was it I suppose

I'm really liking the album, it's so obviously them and no change in any direction but it was never going to be was it I suppose

Yeah, I like it too.Quite happy to be in minority.

Got tickets to see them in May, going to Glastonbury, Download and Reading so hoping I'll catch them in at least one of them as well.(obviously Download is unlikely)

Had my first listen this morning and am already back for my second. It's grabbed me already and liked all of it first time bar Invisible Sun. This may be because I've never really bothered with a Prodge album since Jilted.

(Bit annoyed now as it being surprisingly good has prevented me from being able to refer to it as Music for the Jaded Generation…)

Had my first listen this morning and am already back for my second. It's grabbed me already and liked all of it first time bar Invisible Sun. This may be because I've never really bothered with a Prodge album since Jilted.

(Bit annoyed now as it being surprisingly good has prevented me from being able to refer to it as Music for the Jaded Generation…)

That's amazing because there is some absolute dross on that album.

Ibiza being one of the worst tunes I have ever heard, ever.

There are a few that suggest Howlett still should have something to offer, but in the main it drifts between average and pointless gibberish