Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, whatwhenwhere said:

Disclosure and Foals will co-headline one of the dates

Tbf, if Foals can play Hydro, Manc Arena and Wembley Arena and at least co-head then Disclosure playing the Hydro, Manc Central and 3 nights Ally Pally can as well. If true, they better hope they have GNR as that will look bad, considering Disclosure will presumably have a sub spot for another header. The Roses in particular are known for their dancey subs.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Tbf, if Foals can play Hydro, Manc Arena and Wembley Arena and at least co-head then Disclosure playing the Hydro, Manc Central and 3 nights Ally Pally can as well. If true, they better hope they have GNR as that will look bad, considering Disclosure will presumably have a sub spot for another header. The Roses in particular are known for their dancey subs.

How would Disclosure sub somebody else if they're co-headlining with Foals?

23 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

How would Disclosure sub somebody else if they're co-headlining with Foals?

I didn't say at the same fest and in fairness dental had already mention T. Sometimes Will you just need to be a sensible lad, not try create problems and take the point you know, or should know what it means. I said for Disclosure for another header as I didn't see them closing Radio 1 stage again, they look to be becoming a bit of a C&S though, I certainly didn't see them playing again this year there.

16 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I didn't say at the same fest and in fairness dental had already mention T. Sometimes Will you just need to be a sensible lad, not try create problems and take the point you know, or should know what it means. I said for Disclosure for another header as I didn't see them closing Radio 1 stage again, they look to be becoming a bit of a C&S though, I certainly didn't see them playing again this year there.

Have you not thought that maybe you should make your posts/points clearer, considering how many people have trouble understanding what you're attempting to say?

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Gee, if Disclosure are playing at T but not even headlining when they have a dance headliner position up for grabs, and also headlining R+L then that's fucked.

would it really be any different than what happened with The Strokes in 2011 (and to a lesser extent MCR and even Pulp)? admittedly, The Strokes seemed far too big for that position at T and was just an excellent grab for the festival, whereas Disclosure doing similar is pretty mundane, but it has happened before

i do wonder if Foals album not doing quite as well as anybody expected caused them to add Disclosure alongside them to make it seem like a not so weak headliner. probably not, but i definitely thought when Foals time came they'd be doing it alone. this lessens their rise to headliner significantly imo

44 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Seeing as you weren't even replying to dental, and the post you replied to had no mention of TITP, I think it's a stretch to expect people to know you were talking about TITP.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

would it really be any different than what happened with The Strokes in 2011 (and to a lesser extent MCR and even Pulp)? admittedly, The Strokes seemed far too big for that position at T and was just an excellent grab for the festival, whereas Disclosure doing similar is pretty mundane, but it has happened before

i do wonder if Foals album not doing quite as well as anybody expected caused them to add Disclosure alongside them to make it seem like a not so weak headliner. probably not, but i definitely thought when Foals time came they'd be doing it alone. this lessens their rise to headliner significantly imo

No it's not that different but that was 2011 and T is clearly not what it was then.

The Foals album did pretty much as well as most reasonable people expected. Plus I am pretty sure DR OK said that R+L had talked to Florence and the Machine about coheadlining with Foals before the album even came out so even if R+L had unreasonable expectations then I don't think it's a reactionary move.

Just now, dentalplan said:

No it's not that different but that was 2011 and T is clearly not what it was then.

The Foals album did pretty much as well as most reasonable people expected. Plus I am pretty sure DR OK said that R+L had talked to Florence and the Machine about coheadlining with Foals before the album even came out so even if R+L had unreasonable expectations then I don't think it's a reactionary move.

i think both Foals and Disclosure's new albums were expected to do a lot better than they did tbf. Disclosure's just seemed so incredibly by-the-numbers and boring compared to the first, whereas Foals i honestly expected to reach number 1 and push them to definite headliner status. didn't know that about Flo though. both her and Foals could've easily done it on their own, but ah well

Just now, FloorFiller said:

i think both Foals and Disclosure's new albums were expected to do a lot better than they did tbf. Disclosure's just seemed so incredibly by-the-numbers and boring compared to the first, whereas Foals i honestly expected to reach number 1 and push them to definite headliner status. didn't know that about Flo though. both her and Foals could've easily done it on their own, but ah well

I mean, I wouldn't resign to it being confirmed because a new poster said so. Could be some bastard dual accounting.

Foals weren't getting to no. 1 releasing the same week as The Weeknd after the 50 Shades track and a couple of no. 1 singles - I think a few people had already said that before in the Foals thread. Even then the Foals album ran it close and achieved better first week sales than a bunch of no.1 albums from the year and I believe every no. 3 album - including the latest album from this year's headliners The Libertines - so it just came out on a tough week.

To be honest I think if this happens then it's gonna be a regular course of action that they'll try and get two headliners to share a night for the sake of branding it with four headliners. It takes a lot of the shine off of a first headline performance or whatever but from a marketing point of view, I see it. I just wonder how the coheadliner committee would judge it if Disclosure coheadlined and closed both nights; does that make Foals a headliner and Disclosure a 'closing dance act' like the festivals on the continent? Or does it make Disclosure the headliner and Foals the sub? :lol:

I can see Disclosure/Foals coheadliner happening, it seems correct and goes with the info we had ages ago about Disclosure being booked to close the mainstage one night, I'd be well up for that, I don't see why people hate coheadlining if the two acts are great

And Bloc Party are going to play the NME tent, I'm 96% sure of that