Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, conroy17 said:

change the GNR sub to someone a bit heavier and that's prob what we'll end up with. As depressing as that is.

Agreed, Guns will have something more so. The Prodigy or even FOB fit the bill.

3 hours ago, dip said:

The 1975 could sub. Huge tour and the album's not even out yet. Only going to get bigger come August.

A huge tour of larger academies and one Birmingham date. A lot of people have done extentise academy dates, but I agree sub is very possible. I said the other week I can see them being the Alt-J from this year, subbing Reading and playing one below at others.

Foals, GnR and RHCP is a pretty strong line up. 

Foals - Deserve it and will put on an incredible show. 

GnR - if we're assuming it's them reunited then it will be a show well worth checking out. 

RHCP - I've never seen them but would like to. They'll make up for 2007 show, I'm sure. 

I think I'd be more interested in the undercard though....a GnR reunion show is going to cost a bomb so I think they'd be a few bands in positions that we'd say are "too high for them"

1 hour ago, endswithMJ said:

Foals, GnR and RHCP is a pretty strong line up. 

Foals - Deserve it and will put on an incredible show. 

GnR - if we're assuming it's them reunited then it will be a show well worth checking out. 

RHCP - I've never seen them but would like to. They'll make up for 2007 show, I'm sure. 

I think I'd be more interested in the undercard though....a GnR reunion show is going to cost a bomb so I think they'd be a few bands in positions that we'd say are "too high for them"

Foals would be dirt cheap though. Don't think the undercard would be massively different from previous years. Just trying to think who will get higher up slots then we probably think is justified...wolf alice? No idea about undercard anymore. Who are we expecting? 

28 minutes ago, Asdaprice said:

Don't think the undercard would be massively different from previous years. Who are we expecting? 

Don Broco to play the Main Stage. They've openly said that they don't feel that they were ready for it in 2013, but think that they would do it justice now. 

Edited by Andre91

Anyway, fwiw, the only reason I had began to think GnR may be there is because I was thinking the Friday 8am announcement would be due to someone announcing a whole tour. If GnR won't be announcing anything until after Coachella then I'm going back to thinking they'll do IOW if they do any fests here.

I did consider PJ on account of their tour supposedly being announced on Fri, but I don't think they'd book them and they seem like they'll be here early Summer.

Other than that I've no idea. Green Day are the only other one I can think of who could be announcing their whole tour, so I don't think they'll play.

I'll stick with Friday's announcement being RHCP and assume there's another reason for the 8am announcement.

Thinking about it, if Neil's thoughts on Muse at Glasto are wrong then maybe Biffy could be there and it'd make a lot of sense and fill some gaps (just thinking about it because they're being announced for fests around then and can't see anywhere in the UK for them to play aside from their own dates, really).

Glastonbury booking Biffy instead of Muse would make more sense imo. Similar to their bookings of Kasabian and Arcade Fire in recent years. I know Neil said they don't see them as being big enough, but if we assume one of the headliners is a Foos replacement maybe they had to settle for them.

And then Muse at R&L would make sense and would stop us struggling to come up with suggestions.

Foals, Muse, RHCP would be a strong set imo.

In reality Neil's probably right and Biffy will just end up doing BST or their own shows. Just bored with nothing much to discuss. This is what they get for having the announcement at a stupid time.

Just a few things -

Pearl Jam's tour is rumoured to end on the weekend of the 8th-10th July.

RHCP's tour looks like it's early festivals.

GnR are rumoured to be announcing in January alongside Coachella.

If I was a betting man, I would say that R/L will be -

The Prodigy/Biffy Clyro - Foals - Guns N' Roses

23 hours ago, hamishrankin said:

so the reforming of G&R is still speculation, would they wait to announce such a big announcement just to suit R&L's ticket sale timing (XMAS Sale). In my opinion this announcement won't be G&R, not ruling them out of playing though

I;'d say the timing of the announcement probably means that whoever is being announced will also be announced for other shows elsewhere at the same time (most likely in Europe) - which does suggest GnR to me.

But perhaps it's merely a change in marketing strategy by R/L.

Edited by eFestivals

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I;'d say the timing of the announcement probably means that whoever is being announced will also be announced for other shows elsewhere at the same time (most likely in Europe) - which does suggest GnR to me.

FR seem to be doing more in house marketing and press releases this year. Using less third party PR agencies. Maybe it's just them trying something different.

A few festivals are opting for early announcements this year. It's great for social media engagement and reach 

28 minutes ago, mrtourette said:

Why does another date make them more likely than before?

Wishful thinking

1 hour ago, metalicbear said:

Just a few things -

Pearl Jam's tour is rumoured to end on the weekend of the 8th-10th July.

RHCP's tour looks like it's early festivals.

GnR are rumoured to be announcing in January alongside Coachella.

If I was a betting man, I would say that R/L will be -

The Prodigy/Biffy Clyro - Foals - Guns N' Roses

Do bookies actually accept bets on festival lineups? I'd love a punt, where can I get the odds?

personally I think The 1975 will play 3rd down; which R&L will probably see as a coup but having The 1975 play at all is as far from a coup as you're gonna get.

I'm convinced The Last Shadow Puppets will be subbing one of the headliners- prob RHCP presuming its RHCP-GNR-Foals

2 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Prodge, FOB, YMAS or maybe even Enter Shikari if it's gonna be weak as fuck. Or they'll stick Imagine Dragons there and allow them to continue to think they're a heavy band.

Do ID think they are a heavy band? The only way they could give ES a sub spot is if it was to GNR. I still think The Prodigy could well be there but I would personally use then on another day to strengthen. It was only at Leeds but GNR closed one day after The Prodigy in 2002 so that's less likely to happen again. YM@6 I think are too poppy for it, more chance if they play of being a Foals sub.

2 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Thinking about it, if Neil's thoughts on Muse at Glasto are wrong then maybe Biffy could be there and it'd make a lot of sense and fill some gaps (just thinking about it because they're being announced for fests around then and can't see anywhere in the UK for them to play aside from their own dates, really).

Glastonbury booking Biffy instead of Muse would make more sense imo. Similar to their bookings of Kasabian and Arcade Fire in recent years. I know Neil said they don't see them as being big enough, but if we assume one of the headliners is a Foos replacement maybe they had to settle for them.

And then Muse at R&L would make sense and would stop us struggling to come up with suggestions.

Foals, Muse, RHCP would be a strong set imo.

In reality Neil's probably right and Biffy will just end up doing BST or their own shows. Just bored with nothing much to discuss. This is what they get for having the announcement at a stupid time.

Woah, that looks like a post from me years ago.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I would agree it looks like GNR but would they be announced before Coachella?

Edited by thewayiam