Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Dan Wilcox said:

Foals/Disclosure co-headlining. RHCP.

1975 and Imagine Dragons subbing.

From the same source that gave me the 2014 line-up. 

If indeed that is correct, I presume you have put the subs under each one respectively? I'm guessing you don't have the last header?

Haha, part of me really wants Foals to only be a co-header. I'd have a little smile about that. it's a shite double still and all that mind.

1 minute ago, Dan Wilcox said:

Needs less Imagine Dragons to be fair. 

Oh of course aha, although I'm yet to see them live so I'd open to them changing my opinion of them. Probably a bit of a stretch but have you heard anything regarding the position of Foals / Disclosure? I'd love Foals to close Reading, although Disclosure would go down much better in the dark.

1 minute ago, endswithMJ said:

Really wish they'd just let Foals have a headline set on their own. The 1975 into Foals would be great. 

Leave Disclosure out of it. 

I don't like them but I actually think booking The 1975 as that 3rd down and kind of in between a sub and 3rd place is a decent booking. I will actually say that a while back I did say I can't see Foals if they are heading doing any higher than co-headline. Fact is with that, Disclosure are up and coming as well and have a 3rd Ally Pally date selling along with Glasgow arena's and Manchester Central, they aren't as I said the other day in any less position. The fact though that TITP have Disclosure and it's not high than a sub position says to me that R&L may have struggled a bit there.

Put it in the prediction thread earlier, but having seen Disclosure at Ally Pally last night I think they're great.. and as a co-headliner? Why not! I'm surprised that we may potentially be having another set of co-headliners so soon after 2014, but I'm all for allowing 'new' headliners a chance. 

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

I don't like them but I actually think booking The 1975 as that 3rd down and kind of in between a sub and 3rd place is a decent booking. I will actually say that a while back I did say I can't see Foals if they are heading doing any higher than co-headline. Fact is with that, Disclosure are up and coming as well and have a 3rd Ally Pally date selling along with Glasgow arena's and Manchester Central, they aren't as I said the other day in any less position. The fact though that TITP have Disclosure and it's not high than a sub position says to me that R&L may have struggled a bit there.

Oh there is no doubt Disclosure aren't big. Their huge. 

I would rather my evening at the main stage be ended by Two Steps Twice rather than Latch.....

8 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

If indeed that is correct, I presume you have put the subs under each one respectively? I'm guessing you don't have the last header?

Haha, part of me really wants Foals to only be a co-header. I'd have a little smile about that. it's a shite double still and all that mind.

HEADLINER

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

Put it in the prediction thread earlier, but having seen Disclosure at Ally Pally last night I think they're great.. and as a co-headliner? Why not! I'm surprised that we may potentially be having another set of co-headliners so soon after 2014, but I'm all for allowing 'new' headliners a chance. 

The header pool is getting smaller all the the time man, 2011 co-headers, 2014 co-headers and possibly next year. It basically is just a booking for two acts that are very close to getting there but not quite.

2 minutes ago, Dan Wilcox said:

Pulp and the Strokes would both have been adequate headliners on their own. Paramore/QOTSA fit that description though. 

I actually think Paramore's time was 2012 but it didn't really work with the album etc and then all went a bit cheesy. I will admit, 2012 was great but I've never seen them and thought anymore than it was a great sub slot.

1 minute ago, Dan Wilcox said:

Pulp and the Strokes would both have been adequate headliners on their own. Paramore/QOTSA fit that description though. 

Tbf Pulp and The Strokes was a different situation as The Strokes were initially booked to headline outright and then they found out Pulp were available outright.

And with Paramore/QOTSA, if one of them had rejected the offer the other one would have headlined outright.

Wonder what they'd have done if Foals said no to playing. I'm sure Disclosure wouldn't have headlined on their own.

Also would not be surprised if Dan is trolling us all again ;)