Lineup 2016

Matt42

17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I quite like the idea of those coheadliners this time to be honest. Disclosure aren't my thing however they have been pretty huge and deserve a bit of recognition. Them moving to the main stage (which they'd have to) and playing in the daylight would've been shitty for them, so if they headline with Foals they get to close out one of the sites, maybe even both. They just need to not fuck it up by booking too many mainstage bands and having headliners play their full sets like 2011. It'd be cooler if they could get around the curfew so both headliners get a set in the dark - could do six coheadliners a year for me if they could wangle that at both sites.

I'm all for these co-headliners too. I'm not a fan of house music, but I really like Disclosure and I think its great if they get the chance to be top of the bill at one of the sites. If Foals close Reading, then Disclosure will be in the dark halfway through their set anyway, and have Disclosure close out at Leeds so they're fully in the dark. 

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't Foals just headline on their own? Why do we need Disclosure added to that mix? But then again, as much as I want Foals to close the main I'd be fine with it if they got someone like ADTR headlining the NME I'd be fine with it.

Also I'm not keen on that set of headliners to be honest so I'm hoping that I get my dream Lock Up/Pit headlines with Converge, The Dillinger Escape Plan and Descendents :P 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I'd laugh so hard if it turns out to be Blink 182 with Matt Skiba :lol: no chance though. 

I'd rather have this :ninja: 

3 minutes ago, foolee said:

Are we thinking if reformed Guns N Roses are announced Friday tickets are going to sell out pretty sharpish? 

Ridiculously quick! It's the biggest rock reunion around that has any chance of happening and they would be the 1st to announce it. I haven't done Leeds in 3 years and I wouldn't hesitate.

4 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Haha, part of me really wants Foals to only be a co-header. I'd have a little smile about that. it's a shite double still and all that mind.

I will actually say that a while back I did say I can't see Foals if they are heading doing any higher than co-headline. 

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I said ages ago that if Foals are in any type of heading slot then they need something major, this will be it.

Truly unreal how obsessed you are.

48 minutes ago, ToffeePopcorn said:

I doubt they'd even put day tickets on sale yet, would they?

47 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Ridiculously quick! It's the biggest rock reunion around that has any chance of happening and they would be the 1st to announce it. I haven't done Leeds in 3 years and I wouldn't hesitate.

Even weekend camping? Just don't think I can afford rock werchter and reading tickets this close to Christmas! 

51 minutes ago, #FreeComTruise said:

Fucking hell. Can't wait for a new account called mynumber to show up and start chatting bollocks about predictions. Wonder who that could be.

Yeah because I'd waste my time, bad enough that I waste posts on you.

22 minutes ago, foolee said:

Even weekend camping? Just don't think I can afford rock werchter and reading tickets this close to Christmas! 

If they have RHCP and GNR then yes I can see them going quite quick. If our info is to be believed you will have a £50 header in RHCP and a big sub in ID, you then have GNR who will be worth without a doubt the day ticket price alone without worrying what else is on that day. Axl and Slash is the combo that many haven't seen and for me personally I'd see them back as GNR 10 fold over seeing Slash himself. I do still think The Prodigy have a chance but I won't be shocked if V Fest end up with them and R&L do have the cheaper 3 of TDCC, ID and The 1975 as all 3 can do it. I do feel as they've been away that TDCC would maybe need to be an exclusive to sub though.

1 hour ago, #FreeComTruise said:

Fucking hell. Can't wait for a new account called mynumber to show up and start chatting bollocks about predictions. Wonder who that could be.

The thing is that he's not right at all. He has said that they're not big enough to headline and at least once that they're 'a sub at best', and now they may be coheadlining he's saying he's right. :lol: I can't believe anyone gives this prick the time of day to be honest - not one person benefits from reading his drivel.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The thing is that he's not right at all. He has said that they're not big enough to headline and at least once that they're 'a sub at best', and now they may be coheadlining he's saying he's right. :lol: I can't believe anyone gives this prick the time of day to be honest - not one person benefits from reading his drivel.

To be fair it's hard to totally understand what he means with "But I am correct and if it's like it is, I will have been correct." 

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

I'd follow devilman's suit and block him, but then I'd miss out on the entertainment. 

30 minutes ago, ToffeePopcorn said:

You might get a lot of people doing that deposit scheme thing but I just can't see a massive rush for weekend tickets in general

That's what I was thinking of doing but not until the end of December (that's if the deposit scheme , just unsure whether it'd sell too quick with a reformed GNR as that would be some coupe! Obviously if it is actually GNR.

16 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

If they have RHCP and GNR then yes I can see them going quite quick. If our info is to be believed you will have a £50 header in RHCP and a big sub in ID, you then have GNR who will be worth without a doubt the day ticket price alone without worrying what else is on that day. Axl and Slash is the combo that many haven't seen and for me personally I'd see them back as GNR 10 fold over seeing Slash himself. I do still think The Prodigy have a chance but I won't be shocked if V Fest end up with them and R&L do have the cheaper 3 of TDCC, ID and The 1975 as all 3 can do it. I do feel as they've been away that TDCC would maybe need to be an exclusive to sub though.

Would be some pretty in demand headliners especially if they were on UK exclusives. If they turn up on time and Axl can sing well I think that R&L Couldn't have done better. 

Don't agree with the TDCC comment though, think it could almost be The Vaccines round 2 as they were tipped to sub but played much lower slots than expected and if it is true that it'll be Foals/Disclosure/The 1975, RHCP/ID and GNR I would expect a heavier sub. Either Enter Shikari, Thirty Seconds To Mars with A Day To Remember or Frank Turner 3rd down.

1 hour ago, #FreeComTruise said:

Just like you wouldn't waste your time making an account named after an Eminem song to gloat over the most pathetic thing possible, aye?

He would of got away with it too if it wasn't for those meddling kids and him starting to brag about how gazza was right.

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I quite like the idea of those coheadliners this time to be honest. Disclosure aren't my thing however they have been pretty huge and deserve a bit of recognition. Them moving to the main stage (which they'd have to) and playing in the daylight would've been shitty for them, so if they headline with Foals they get to close out one of the sites, maybe even both. They just need to not fuck it up by booking too many mainstage bands and having headliners play their full sets like 2011. It'd be cooler if they could get around the curfew so both headliners get a set in the dark - could do six coheadliners a year for me if they could wangle that at both sites.

Yeah pretty my thoughts on Foals/Disclosure really, makes alot of sense really and kind of fits the demographic Reading try to go for.

I actually even prefer the 2nd album, though the general population seem to disagree with that.

Disclosure need the dark really though.

Nah, the sub slot is dark enough for them. They did it at Bestival and that was only slightly darker than Reading gets at the start of the sub act.

4 hours ago, The Placid Casual said:

May struggle to sell without a big name at the top mind.

No worries, Foals will sell tickets no problem.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

But I am correct and if it's like it is, I will have been correct. The pleasure is mine.

ccef0a528f37c5e0f0629e78ee9d939ace8ff0c1

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah because I'd waste my time, bad enough that I waste posts on you.

If they have RHCP and GNR then yes I can see them going quite quick. If our info is to be believed you will have a £50 header in RHCP 

The Same RHCP who had to practically give away tickets at Knebworth a few years ago?