Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

No, because the announcement would be for Euro gigs wich means it'll be 8am/9am etc in other countries. If it was an announcement for them playing is the states then yes it would be stupid.

dude the announcement first and foremost is that the original Guns N Roses are reformed... fuck the Euro shows they're nowhere near important enough to announce that in the middle of the night

1 minute ago, she bangs the drums said:

It doesn't appear that the NME has anything about the announcement tomorrow.

http://www.nme.com/magazine/issue/nme-review-of-the-year-issue

or at least nothing listed on the inside this issue.

Well they need to tell everyone how great Grimes is so....

5 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Well they need to tell everyone how great Grimes is so....

good point!

I think RHCP will be announced tomorrow, and the two other headliners will be Foals/Disclosure (joint headliners) and someone like Muse/Biffy/KOL.

Edited by she bangs the drums

8 minutes ago, devilman said:

I'm going with this too. They have one show in the UK late summer. It's not in Wales or Scotland.

Late summer? How d'you know that? They're meant to be touring Euro from May-July again, and someone on the Glasto boards reckons they're doing Etihad Stadium on the (cover your ears) 9th June.

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Late summer? How d'you know that? They're meant to be touring Euro from May-July again, and someone on the Glasto boards reckons it's Etihad Stadium on the (cover your ears) 9th June.

I read it somewhere today. I'll try find it again. It's still the Rock or Bust tour and seeing as they have already done Scotland and England it would seem strange that they would return, unless a promoter had got them to do a festival. If the Etihad on 9th June is true that'll break a lot of hearts but then again there was a lot of talk of a 4th headliner for a while wasn't there?

1 hour ago, DanielM17 said:

I get your point, but would GnR announce Euro shows before any US shows, realistically?

That's the only thing that holds me back, but if GNR wanted to do it, maybe Coachella would have to agree? Everyone thinks they will be announced on Jan 5th anyway so it's not like they'll be a surprise. Daiel below has me wondering on TSR though.

41 minutes ago, DanielM17 said:

I agree. So that's no to Muse; Biffy coming back after 3 years is unrealistic to me; same with Green Day; Foals/Disclosure/both are too small to announce first; Chilis don't need tomorrow and this 8am thing; don't see why GnR would announce Euro shows only first; Coldplay and Florence already have just announced shows to sell; Foo Fighters I'm unsure; and I question whether or not The Roses are as in demand enough with Irish and Scottish shows, and the Wed. of Etihad not yet sold out. 

Might need to start thinking about less obvious choices: Radiohead? Kanye? The Strokes? Gorillaz? Even so, some of these don't make much sense.

p.s. Kanye to drop SWISH tomorrow and announce Euro shows plz

Won't be Biffy, or any of that bottom 4. They won't stay this tight lipped on Kanye, he is big but he's not a massive coup, lesser festival days have booked him. If it's Chilis tomorrow it'll be silly as they really don't need it, Friday is going to nothing for them than a Tues as they can't really announce anything bar exclusive anyway like Knebworth, they are a big band but they aren't the size they were. Hmm, you say that about The Stone Roses but they aren't far off at all, the better seats only have a selection of 1 & 3 tickets and the lesser good parts only have two block available, it is a very Stone Roses thing to do and there isn't a show in the south of the country.

13 minutes ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

dude the announcement first and foremost is that the original Guns N Roses are reformed... fuck the Euro shows they're nowhere near important enough to announce that in the middle of the night

But where they would be announcing for won't be the middle of the night, they will have a whole day for twitter and everything to get battered!

8 minutes ago, devilman said:

I'm going with this too. They have one show in the UK late summer. It's not in Wales or Scotland.

What late UK show?

9 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

It doesn't appear that the NME has anything about the announcement tomorrow.

http://www.nme.com/magazine/issue/nme-review-of-the-year-issue

or at least nothing listed on the inside this issue.

I'd doubt they would, it's the day/night before and no one really has a clue for sure.