Lineup 2016

Matt42

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

whilst they're obviously doing something next summer, it's odd that there has still yet to be an official statement from the band. in fact, the only word from a band member has been Jim Ward saying it was the first he'd heard of it (them being on the Rock On The Range lineup). wonder if this is down to Rock On The Range jumping the gun with the announcement, or if they're being oddly mysterious about this second reformation for whatever reason

I noticed this too. Rock On The Range has jumped the gun on this one. Interesting to see how it all pans out in the end

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, VCK said:

I wonder if the Manics could headline it, or if they're still too big. They're touring next year and doing a few arenas, but would they be too big of a draw for the average crowd of this day and age? I remember the NME stage not being packed out when they headlined it in 2008. Plus if Feeder and Ash can do it.

And yes, I know. Me talking about the Manics playing Reading and Leeds. Ha ha. Lol.

For once you've underestimated the appeal of a 90's band, Manics would be far too big for the FR.

14 hours ago, oneoftherest said:

As time goes on, it looks more likely to me that Biffy will headline, the more I think about it the more likely it seems

Got to agree, Si said in Kerrang this week to expect an album in April/May, with a number of European festivals announced surely they'll do a British festival, the only festivals they can really do are r&l and glasto but I'm sure they are notbig enough to headline glasto so I agree it looks like r&l

7 minutes ago, conroy17 said:

I reckon Biffy will just do BST and a big show of their own; then do T / R&L in 2017.

Most likely. The 3rd headline spot for R&L is very much still a mystery IMO.

I'm veering more towards the idea of it being RHCP/ Foals-Disclosure/ Muse in 2016.

Would love to see Watch The Throne/ Biffy and Guns 'N' Roses/ QOTSA in 2017 but that thought belongs in a diff thread.

Edited by truthpigeon

27 minutes ago, conroy17 said:

I reckon Biffy will just do BST and a big show of their own; then do T / R&L in 2017.

I think their window for BST is just about shut, if the only BST dates are the two weekends already announced. Not that I think they'd debut a new album at BST and finish off the tour playing fests they actually need to do.

As for the 3rd headliner Guns 'n' Roses have the most evidence around them to suggest it's them (really hope it's not them).

Also Muse would seem likely if they end up not doing Glastonbury after all.

Kanye West could be a curveball still, I'm not ruling it out just yet. Arcade Fire could surprise us all with a comeback. The Stone Roses may still end up at Leeds, no way will they play JUST T. Florence & The Strokes wouldn't be too unreasonable to suggest.

Plenty of options before Biffy need to be brought back into the RL16 picture.

For the record; if I had my way Biffy would be headlining every year- fuck the 4 year rule.

6 minutes ago, conroy17 said:

did BST say the two shows announced are the only two? I presumed there was going to be about 7/8 BST shows.

Not sure about 7 or 8 although I would say that if Biffy are doing it then it'll be announced by Monday. There is supposed to be a possible 2nd day for Take That depending on how sales go.

I think it's too soon for Biffy but also then and RHCP interest me. I'd be tempted just to wait for the arena tour mind.

9 minutes ago, FestivalPanda99 said:

I Think RHCP - Biffy - Foals/Disclosure Would be pretty poor, not saying I wouldn't like it to be that. But Muse or GnR both seem like stronger options even if they aren't as likely as Biffy. 

Red hot chili peppers couldn't really get much bigger.

19 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

whilst they're obviously doing something next summer, it's odd that there has still yet to be an official statement from the band. in fact, the only word from a band member has been Jim Ward saying it was the first he'd heard of it (them being on the Rock On The Range lineup). wonder if this is down to Rock On The Range jumping the gun with the announcement, or if they're being oddly mysterious about this second reformation for whatever reason

To be honest I have been wondering whats going on with ATDI. Even Cedric hasn't responded to any of the stuff about a reunion. At first I thought they may have put At the Drive in by accident instead of Antemasque (Cedric and Omar's other project) but I'm sure that would have been resolved by now.

2 hours ago, conroy17 said:

did BST say the two shows announced are the only two? I presumed there was going to be about 7/8 BST shows.

There are usually 5 or 6 shows. There are 3 at the moment with an extra date - presumably the second Sunday - pencilled in for Take That so it'd have to be midweek or Friday/Sunday of the first weekend, on which Biffy already have a bunch of European shows. The person who leaked all the BST shows so far hasn't said anything about it in their updates so if they are gonna play BST then they're seemingly not booked yet either. So those things would lead you to think they're not actually doing it.

1 hour ago, Ipayne said:

To be honest I have been wondering whats going on with ATDI. Even Cedric hasn't responded to any of the stuff about a reunion. At first I thought they may have put At the Drive in by accident instead of Antemasque (Cedric and Omar's other project) but I'm sure that would have been resolved by now.

Interestingly Antemasque are due to be releasing an album in April/May time

14 minutes ago, huntyyy said:

Interestingly Antemasque are due to be releasing an album in April/May time

Yeah, apparently Travis Barker is drumming on it according to his Instagram. 

Could imagine them playing third from top of R1/NME.

Just had an unrelated thought. Could Underworld play R&L next year? Got a new album and massive back catalogue to delve into. Would love to see them headline Dance Stage or R1/NME.

5 hours ago, FestivalPanda99 said:

Can't argue with that, but the Foals/Disclosure Has always been reasonably weak even with a co-headline, and I would love a Biffy headliner set, but many others would disagree

I don't think Disclosure are big enough to headline Reading (or even co-headline).  I simply don't feel that they have what it takes to end a night on a main stage as significant as Readings. Swap in some one like and of a similar size as Chase and Status. Or even a band like The Prodigy to co-head with Foals (both for some peculiar reason Spring to mind).

Or leave Foals to it on their own, which would work damn well.

7 hours ago, truthpigeon said:

Most likely. The 3rd headline spot for R&L is very much still a mystery IMO.

I'm veering more towards the idea of it being RHCP/ Foals-Disclosure/ Muse in 2016.

Would love to see Watch The Throne/ Biffy and Guns 'N' Roses/ QOTSA in 2017 but that thought belongs in a diff thread.

If Muse were playing they'd have been announced last week imo.