Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

If Muse were playing they'd have been announced last week imo.

I'd have said so, there is nothing bar a couple of seats left from what I can see to stop then announcing. I'm slightly surprised there is some decent seats left easily for one of the Hydro dates, that pretty much rules them out of T. I do think Muse have said they'd love to play Glasto probably as they have no commitments to other fests stopping them. They booked Green Day after a stadium date as well but Emirates is limted stadium capacity as well (46k due to the area I believe) meaning just the London dates Muse have without any of the others means they are outdoing that gig by a good 50k people.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

How were TSSF? Wanted to go and see them in Notts on Monday but tickets had sold out a few weeks ago. I went to Don Broco last night and they were incredible. 

Completely underestimated their ticket sales and didn't bother purchasing one as soon as they went on sale and missed out on the only Scottish date! Gutted, I'd love to see them at R&L

9 hours ago, Andre91 said:

How were TSSF? Wanted to go and see them in Notts on Monday but tickets had sold out a few weeks ago. I went to Don Broco last night and they were incredible. 

They were great. Only problem when they played songs off Under Soil & Dirt the crowd went crazy but they only played 3. Wish they played more off that album. Also my mate went to Don Broco (and in Sheff) as well said they were great and so were Arcane Roots

Also you better be seeing Gnarwolves on their current tour, seeing them tonight :D

7 hours ago, oneoftherest said:

I went Manchester and Nottingham for TSSF, they've changed in the way that they sound better but they look like they don't want to be there

I didn't get that impression from them. Acted the same way they did back at Leeds on the main in 2014. I always thought that they were focused about getting everything right as opposed to jumping around loads.

Edited by justanothername

19 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Nah those acts are both shit and past it. At least Disclosure are shit and current.

Saw Foals in Amsterdam in September, and they're up there in the top 3 performances I've ever seen. Fucking awesome live, great light show, enthusiastic and they sound brilliant.

3 hours ago, nickybu said:

Saw Foals in Amsterdam in September, and they're up there in the top 3 performances I've ever seen. Fucking awesome live, great light show, enthusiastic and they sound brilliant.

I was on about Chase & Status and The Prodigy. :P

1 minute ago, mttJ said:

71be919947db31a081dfe27669619fba.png

That's a p weird thing to say even if he is playing. This must have something to do with Spud001.

4 hours ago, justanothername said:

They were great. Only problem when they played songs off Under Soil & Dirt the crowd went crazy but they only played 3. Wish they played more off that album. Also my mate went to Don Broco (and in Sheff) as well said they were great and so were Arcane Roots

Also you better be seeing Gnarwolves on their current tour, seeing them tonight :D

I didn't get that impression from them. Acted the same way they did back at Leeds on the main in 2014. I always thought that they were focused about getting everything right as opposed to jumping around loads.

Under Soil & Dirt is one of my favourite albums of the past few years, I love it. Don Broco were so so good, I really hope they get another shot at the Main Stage next year, they would absolutely smash it now. I went mental for Thug Workout and crowd surfed during Actors so that was awesome :D 

As for Gnarwolves, I'm trying really hard to convince my mate to come with me next Tuesday! The Bodega in Notts is tiny so the show should be really intense. 

11 minutes ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

Case in point;

72z8xL9.png

Why do you have to ruin everything?

8 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Under Soil & Dirt is one of my favourite albums of the past few years, I love it. Don Broco were so so good, I really hope they get another shot at the Main Stage next year, they would absolutely smash it now. I went mental for Thug Workout and crowd surfed during Actors so that was awesome :D 

As for Gnarwolves, I'm trying really hard to convince my mate to come with me next Tuesday! The Bodega in Notts is tiny so the show should be really intense. 

Yup! Under Soil & Dirt is also one of my favourite album of the past two years too. Would have loved it if they played Daughters, Mt Diablo and Closer though. Still great though, I crowd surfed to Roam :P . As for Don Broco, don't listen to them that much now but another main stage slot would be great for them. Would see them if no one else was on.

Gnarwolves on the other hand absolutely smashed it. Just marginally better than TSSF I'd say. It was just fucking crazy all of the time, have no idea how many times I stage dived :D . You should definitely go to it and if you do go early and catch Spraynard, they're quite good (can't comment on Such Gold as I had loads of work to do and missed them). And on that note, please get Gnarwolves and Spraynard on the Lock Up

Edited by justanothername

On 12/9/2015 at 4:23 PM, DomDom1984 said:

I don't see what's stopping it being Biffy Clyro. Getting them off the back of a new album would be a good move regardless of when they headlined before.

There's nothing stopping it being Biffy, much like there's nothing stopping them booking the same three headliners every year if they want to.

However given the fact that such a small gap has only happened once before, 11 years previous, it's understandable that people would question the booking in comparison to general booking common practice.

And you say 'regardless of when they headlined before', if they'd headlined this year would a new album make booking them two years in a row acceptable?