Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I so hope that Modern Baseball come back next year to make up for pulling out this year. Any stage, any time and I will be there. 

Yup! Also saw only saw yesterday that their Manchester day had sold out so begins the frantic search to get a ticket for that :P

Edited by justanothername

1 hour ago, VCK said:

If this talk of Coldplay, Foos and Muse all headlining Glastonbury is actually true, then I think Reading and Leeds will get the Roses.

Providing that they do a second festival, which I wouldn't take likely, Reading is a 'possibility'.

There's a bit of me that thinks; with such a young demographic Reading might not suit the Roses who typically suit a slightly older audience. I was at Heaton Park and didn't see a great deal of people who would be a Reading or Leeds goer. I could be wrong though.

I'm sure a great deal of Roses fans are either seeing them in June on their tour, or have already booked T tickets. Thus Reading and Leeds would lose out on sales from booking an unexclusive band.

I don't think it makes a great deal of sense for the Roses to do a tour, T in the Park and 2 shows for R and L.

Would IOW be a better bet?

1 hour ago, Chaarlie said:

Any thoughts on Stereophonics? They're playing IOW also Ed Sheeran if hes not playing Glasto, just ideas feel free to shut me down.

Both definitely more likely for V fest. Phonics aren't really relevant to R&L's crowd anymore, and while Ed Sheeran is definitely more relevant, he's too far gone mainstream popularity-wise (for want of a better term) for R&L, he'd have to command a very high spot - at least main sub, so it's unlikely they would even consider him.

2 hours ago, #FreeComTruise said:

Both definitely more likely for V fest. Phonics aren't really relevant to R&L's crowd anymore, and while Ed Sheeran is definitely more relevant, he's too far gone mainstream popularity-wise (for want of a better term) for R&L, he'd have to command a very high spot - at least main sub headliner, so it's unlikely they would even consider him.

He sold out 3(?) nights at Wembley Stadium last year. He isn't going to sub anywhere.

As much as I love them (see dp), I don't see much cause. No one really paid attention to their last album so, unless this one is reasonably successful, then I don't see much cause for The Strokes headlining. Then again, Blink played 2010 and 2014 so who knows? Hyde Park went down well with a lot of people and they sound great live lately.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't be there in a heartbeat if it was them.

Edited by DanielM17

I can see a lot of acts from that Groezrock announcement. Download generally have only had the much smaller acts out of that fest and it's only ever a couple, bar 2014 when The Offspring played both. R&L had Refused from it this year though so I think Rancid is 50/50. Rancid, Sum 41, Frank T, LTJ, FYS and even Sick of it All would be decent.

On 12/12/2015 at 5:20 PM, willutalk said:

Providing that they do a second festival, which I wouldn't take likely, Reading is a 'possibility'.

There's a bit of me that thinks; with such a young demographic Reading might not suit the Roses who typically suit a slightly older audience. I was at Heaton Park and didn't see a great deal of people who would be a Reading or Leeds goer. I could be wrong though.

I'm sure a great deal of Roses fans are either seeing them in June on their tour, or have already booked T tickets. Thus Reading and Leeds would lose out on sales from booking an unexclusive band.

I don't think it makes a great deal of sense for the Roses to do a tour, T in the Park and 2 shows for R and L.

Would IOW be a better bet?

It would be no different to 2012, when they did both TITP and V on top of their three Heaton Park gigs. If a band of their magnitude is around during the summer, I think every major festival will attempt to get them, and I don't see Ian Brown turning town a few extra quid.

When I was at Heaton Park I saw a fair mix of young and old. It's not like the younger Reading and Leeds crowd would be unfamiliar with songs like Fool's Gold, She Bangs The Drums and I Wanna Be Adored, if you go to any Indie/Rock night anywhere in the country on a Saturday night and you'll be guaranteed to hear the Roses played. They're one of those bands that people of all ages seem to like, and they're certainly no less of a "too old" act than Metallica, The Cure or Radiohead have been.

8 minutes ago, VCK said:

It would be no different to 2012, when they did both TITP and V on top of their three Heaton Park gigs. If a band of their magnitude is around during the summer, I think every major festival will attempt to get them, and I don't see Ian Brown turning town a few extra quid.

When I was at Heaton Park I saw a fair mix of young and old. It's not like the younger Reading and Leeds crowd would be unfamiliar with songs like Fool's Gold, She Bangs The Drums and I Wanna Be Adored, if you go to any Indie/Rock night anywhere in the country on a Saturday night and you'll be guaranteed to hear the Roses played. They're one of those bands that people of all ages seem to like, and they're certainly no less of a "too old" act than Metallica, The Cure or Radiohead have been.

Is there as much demand this time round? They haven't even sold out the first batch of day tickets for TITP.

16 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Is there as much demand this time round? They haven't even sold out the first batch of day tickets for TITP.

Probably not as much, but they still have an absolutely staggering level of demand for their shows so let's not be silly and pretend R+L wouldn't be interested. I think V would be more likely but you never know.