Lineup 2016

Matt42

45 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Probably not as much, but they still have an absolutely staggering level of demand for their shows so let's not be silly and pretend R+L wouldn't be interested. I think V would be more likely but you never know.

Huh did anyone suggest R&L wouldn't be interested? I'm sure they would be.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/12/2015 at 4:42 PM, Obiginnaw said:

Primal scream have announced a new album- think they'll bring a decent crowd, even more so if stone roses are confirmed??

Have they played since they had a load of twatty Metallica fans abusing them at Reading?

16 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Is there as much demand this time round? They haven't even sold out the first batch of day tickets for TITP.

TITP didn't sell out last year though, and the absolute shambles that ensued on the weekend will knock even more of the sales. I'm not sure any single band would manage to sell either a day or the weekend out quickly any more, no when there's an alternative like the Eithad and the very likely possibility of a Glasgow gig at some point on offer. TITP is done as a proper festival, shouldn't be used as a barometer for anything other than "how many bams can you get in one field".

2 hours ago, DaveElNino said:

They headlined the Radio 1 Stage around the time of Country Girl - 2006 I think it was.

Yeah, I think it was.Went to watch them after watching Body Count on the Lock-up stage, was surprised how good they were as wasn't a bg fan at the time.

only watched them cos I didn't want to watch Franz Ferdinand(remember them?) who were somehow headlining.

On 12/12/2015 at 9:50 PM, thewayiam said:

V Fest band all over.

Primal screen will hate that as I do not think they liked playing at V because in 2011 they called the crowd f**king zombies and have said in a mag article that V is just full of kids who do not know anything about decent music. 

Plus find funny that people think that ed sheeran, sterophonics and manics might play reading next year not going to happen as they are not acts that reading go for. 

1 hour ago, benus80 said:

Primal screen will hate that as I do not think they liked playing at V because in 2011 they called the crowd f**king zombies and have said in a mag article that V is just full of kids who do not know anything about decent music. 

Plus find funny that people think that ed sheeran, sterophonics and manics might play reading next year not going to happen as they are not acts that reading go for. 

I didn't know that about V but it is just full of kids, so is Reading but a different type. Nope they won't play Reading and the days of MSP are gone I think but tey wouls interest me.

5 hours ago, stocky3000 said:

I think its because they just announced their rescheduled European Dates

It is still pretty random as that's the only festival they've announced and it's months away from the rescheduled dates. I'm unsure whether having them tack this on is morally reprehensible or not. Pleased with the booking though.