Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, lightning1000 said:

Biffy played a new song last night, really heavy. Sort of a condensed tighter version of songs off albums 2 & 3. I'll be pretty happy if that's the direction they go on the new album

Interview with Simon in kerrang this week he describes the new songs as harder and rougher than Opposites.

1 hour ago, lightning1000 said:

The nme seem to think they do 

It is the NME though, although Black Crow obviously doesn't know anything. I would not be shocked if BST announce GNR a little after Coachella in a few days which will sell out without fail and that may just work out financially for R&L to grab them. Neither party will be concerned about sharing them, it's all about keeping them from others. IOW can't be ruled out but they may not be free in time. Given Bonnaroo will announced about a week after Coachella, are we expecting them there as well?, if so IOW naturally won't happen.

50 minutes ago, Luke Routledge said:

Guns N Roses, RHCP and foals/disclosure sounds far too strong!

That would be ticket bought, Pendulum as an exclusive subbing GNR. It'd be the strongest top two they have bookes in years.

5 hours ago, lightning1000 said:

Biffy played a new song last night, really heavy. Sort of a condensed tighter version of songs off albums 2 & 3. I'll be pretty happy if that's the direction they go on the new album

4 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Interview with Simon in kerrang this week he describes the new songs as harder and rougher than Opposites.

Decent quality video for anyone interested. Cannot wait for the album. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLKFaQoZjmE&feature=youtu.be

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

It is the NME though, although Black Crow obviously doesn't know anything. I would not be shocked if BST announce GNR a little after Coachella in a few days which will sell out without fail and that may just work out financially for R&L to grab them. Neither party will be concerned about sharing them, it's all about keeping them from others. IOW can't be ruled out but they may not be free in time. Given Bonnaroo will announced about a week after Coachella, are we expecting them there as well?, if so IOW naturally won't happen.

From my understanding, Coachella is likely to be their only US festival shows. They are planning a stadium tour across the US in the Summer with the odd Euro show planned. Hockenheim is being touted in July and Wembley Stadium.

Edited by Black_Crow

4 hours ago, oneoftherest said:

I think R+L is increasingly unlikely for GnR what with them being a risky booking anyway and they'd probably be offered more money from stadium shows than festivals

It's probably going to come down to money for those guys too, its not like they have anything left to accomplish

It's the 1st time with both Axl and Slash for 23 years, a outdoor tour won't stop R&L booking them too. Normally I'd say yes but not on this. It's not a risky booking, Coachella haven't paid through to nose and if reports are corrects 25 dates worth of payout in the states because its risky.