Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Shaun182 said:

Who do we thinks getting announced?

Depends on who the other headliner is as to whether Foals (/Disclosure) are announced next, for me.

I think they'd rather save Foals (/Disclosure) until last, because they'll be the weakest headliner and they still have tickets to sell for their tour.

However if, as is my prediction, the third headliner is Biffy, I don't think they'll be announced until their album's been announced. So if that hasn't been announced before Feb I'd say Foals  (/Disclosure) will be announced.

But if it's someone else like The Roses or Muse I think it'll be them announced.  Although I think if they had Muse they'd have been last month's announcement.

I'm waffling here.

Biffy can't be far off announcing the new album you'd have thought, especially if they're hoping to release it in time for summer festivals, but i still find the idea of them returning so soon a bit off (even if it is now seeming like there isn't anybody else it could be except for if the Glasto Muse info is wrong, or if they actually have splashed out for Guns N Roses)

agree that Foals/Disclosure definitely seems like the last headliner you'd want to announce. even together they're unarguably a weak headliner

Yeah I can see Biffy Clyro being announced next, we already know they're working on new music and their new album will probably be out before the festival so I think that will be enough for Melvin to book them. Then Foals will be the 3rd headliner with Disclosure playing the first ever main stage closing set I reckon. Who else could be announced next month? I reckon Bloc Party but that's all I can think of right now.

5 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I assumed it was a nugget of Lightning knowledge.

If so then yeah I'd assume it'll be announced byesterday Feb and they'll be announced for R&L then if they're playing.

So basically now I think Foals (/Disclosure) will be in the final announcement and the other headliner will in Feb, whoever it is.

So you think the weakest announcement will be last?........well aren't you a clever boy. Kind of obvious, stated that ages ago.

A Biffy return would be too soon for me. 3 years, ain't a big enough gap for a headliner. I know Slipknot did 2 with Download but R+L caters a less niche demographic and Slipknot are probably the most active headliner in that collection at that. Surely there's more to choose from.

A Biffy return wouldn't be surprising. I think it's about time that they did Glasto, or it's about time they pushed themselves further to that 'final frontier', but I can't see them doing that for another couple of years.

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

So you think the weakest announcement will be last?........well aren't you a clever boy. Kind of obvious, stated that ages ago.

Brilliant, nice one.

Did you just sarcastically call me a clever boy for saying that, and in the next sentence point out that you have said the exact same thing?

Would genuinely love to examine the inside of your head.

Edit: So were The Who a weaker booking than Kanye for Glasto last year? We're Green Day a weaker booking than Biffy in 2013? Or are there maybe other factors that contribute to the order in which headliners are announced?

Dunno why I'm asking this as there's no way in hell you will understand my post and provide a legible response.

Edited by Will-2609

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Brilliant, nice one.

Did you just sarcastically call me a clever boy for saying that, and in the next sentence point out that you have said the exact same thing?

Yes it's been said AGES AGO, not just now lol so the sarcasm was actually correct. 

Don't try and actually be clever Will, it won't suit!

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Brilliant, nice one.

Edit: So were The Who a weaker booking than Kanye for Glasto last year? We're Green Day a weaker booking than Biffy in 2013? Or are there maybe other factors that contribute to the order in which headliners are announced?

Dunno why I'm asking this as there's no way in hell you will understand my post and provide a legible response.

More importantly how can you know what the weakest headliner is (a stupid argument in itself) when you don't even know them all?

27 minutes ago, willutalk said:

A Biffy return wouldn't be surprising. I think it's about time that they did Glasto, or it's about time they pushed themselves further to that 'final frontier', but I can't see them doing that for another couple of years.

Biffy have gone about as far as they'll go popularity wise. the only thing left for them now is to go back to basics and try and release a great album again rather than a simply okay one, but i'm not sure they'll do that - even if they do go in the heavier, first-three albums direction they've talked about, i'm sure there will still be some absolute stadium appropriate stinkers peppered throughout (much like when That Golden Rule promised such great things, but then came the rest of Only Revolutions)