Lineup 2016

Matt42

2 minutes ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

too bad there's literally no evidence of what you're saying 

That's true; looking back I should have brought a tape recorder along with me just in case my acquaintance who is involved with the music press and has a few connections to promoters etc. told me this when I saw him the other night. But, like you say, I have no evidence.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

I call bullshit, regardless of what you are heading, it doesn't mean it's true.

On what grounds? Naturally and understandably you're skeptical, the poster earlier mentioned fake ITKs so this might be a case of the boy who cried wolf, but to quote the great Saul Goodman, "I know a guy, who knows a guy...who knows a guy", and that's all there is to it.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, ian-fp said:

That's true; looking back I should have brought a tape recorder along with me just in case my acquaintance who is involved with the music press and has a few connections to promoters etc. told me this when I saw him the other night. But, like you say, I have no evidence.

which part of the press, which promotors, etc

23 minutes ago, ian-fp said:

On what grounds? Naturally and understandably you're skeptical, the poster earlier mentioned fake ITKs so this might be a case of the boy who cried wolf, but to quote the great Saul Goodman, "I know a guy, who knows a guy...who knows a guy", and that's all there is to it.

I hope you didn't Call Saul on this occasion as that side show turned out utter rubbish.

50 minutes ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

which part of the press, which promotors, etc

He's freelance but has written for several magazines and publications in London, some of which are pretty well known.

The promoters he knows are mostly press agents for events. Not necessarily just music festivals, but everyone in the media industry is connected in some way.

40 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I hope you didn't Call Saul on this occasion as that side show turned out utter rubbish.

You're obviously not used to the slow burning drama. ;) It was more akin to The Sopranos than Breaking Bad in terms of it's writing and setting.

1 hour ago, ian-fp said:

On what grounds? Naturally and understandably you're skeptical, the poster earlier mentioned fake ITKs so this might be a case of the boy who cried wolf

I said "1 post ITKs" for all I know you could be telling the truth, but it's hard to believe someone when their first post on a festival site is alleged info. 

16 minutes ago, #FreeComTruise said:

I said "1 post ITKs" for all I know you could be telling the truth, but it's hard to believe someone when their first post on a festival site is alleged info. 

Personally I'd have thought if it was TSR for Reading they would have been the 1st announcement to co-incide with the buzz around stadium gigs and T. It feels a bit like that has all worn off now.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Personally I'd have thought if it was TSR for Reading they would have been the 1st announcement to co-incide with the buzz around stadium gigs and T. It feels a bit like that has all worn off now.

Or they could have preferred to have them as a later announcement for the same reason, them being announced elsewhere simultaneously could dampen the hype for them specifically at R&L. They could be waiting for an album announcement too (if that's ever going to happen).

11 minutes ago, #FreeComTruise said:

Or they could have preferred to have them as a later announcement for the same reason, them being announced elsewhere simultaneously could dampen the hype for them specifically at R&L. They could be waiting for an album announcement too (if that's ever going to happen).

Someone said there's gonna be an EPIC rather than an album. Can't remember who that was, though, so not sure how reliable it is. 

Edit: Well that was supposed to say EP but sure.

Edited by Will-2609

12 minutes ago, #FreeComTruise said:

I guess beings one leg of it is in Leeds that's true. Sopposing Glasto had Foo's and BST had GNR although BST doesn't have to be exclusive, there is of course IOW, then TSR for Reading might not be that far fetched. The only way I can see it is if they are doing all these so they can do Glasto solely next year.

1 hour ago, #FreeComTruise said:

Fair enough. I don't read Efestivals all the time so haven't felt the need to create an account in the past, but thought I would sign up today.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

RHCP were announced first, because they were the first headliner to be booked. From what I gathered, after The Stone Roses announced their upcoming dates, there was a scramble from Reading/Leeds and V to get them, and obviously R&L got there first. From what I've gathered, Glastonbury haven't tried to make contact with them, presumably because they already had their three headliners.

It's only from the past few years that we haven't had to wait until March/April for the first announcement, Even then, the line-up hasn't been completed.

32 minutes ago, ian-fp said:

Fair enough. I don't read Efestivals all the time so haven't felt the need to create an account in the past, but thought I would sign up today.

RHCP were announced first, because they were the first headliner to be booked. From what I gathered, after The Stone Roses announced their upcoming dates, there was a scramble from Reading/Leeds and V to get them, and obviously R&L got there first. From what I've gathered, Glastonbury haven't tried to make contact with them, presumably because they already had their three headliners.

It's only from the past few years that we haven't had to wait until March/April for the first announcement, Even then, the line-up hasn't been completed.

Nah I don't believe that. The organisers of all festivals will have known the Roses were back together this Summer before the dates were announced.

There may have been a scramble for them between R&L and V when they'd decided to do shows this Summer, but not after they were announced.

6 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Nah I don't believe that. The organisers of all festivals will have known the Roses were back together this Summer before the dates were announced.

There may have been a scramble for them between R&L and V when they'd decided to do shows this Summer, but not after they were announced.

Yeah I don't believe the scramble part. Surely it wouldn't be just down to who got their first.

13 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

It was unknown that they would even reform; apparently their agent contacted the TITP organisers personally and asked to play.

10 minutes ago, Shikari20 said:

Been told that a 'metal' band has been booked for 3rd main, unsure what day though.

I know that Enter Shikari will be playing 3rd on one of the days; not sure if this is who you mean though, but out of all the acts I have been told about, none are metal bands that could realistically play that high.

Edited by ian-fp

8 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

A Day To Remember are the only slightly metal act I can see playing that slot.

It is either ADTR or Shikari. Unless they still think BFMV are still popular with the kids

4 minutes ago, ian-fp said:

I know that Enter Shikari will be playing 3rd on one of the days; not sure if this is who you mean though, but out of all the acts I have been told about, none are metal bands that could realistically play that high.

What else do you know about line up?

Edited by justanothername

6 minutes ago, ian-fp said:

It was unknown that they would even reform; apparently they agent contacted the TITP organisers personally and asked to play.

The agent will have contacted all the festivals they could play. If they have accepted this offer from R&L you speak of, they clearly want to play, so why would the agent not have approached R&L in the first place?

Not to mention V and T are co-owned by the same company, which is also promoting the Etihad shows. So there's no way in hell TITP knew about the comeback and V didn't.

Edited by Will-2609

6 minutes ago, justanothername said:

It is either ADTR or Shikari. Unless they still think BFMV are still popular with the kids

What else do you know about line up?

A Day To Remember have also been mentioned to me, but my friend reckons they're headlining the NME.

What is it you'd like to know? Aside from Foals, Disclosure and The Stone Roses, I have also been told where the bands already announced will be playing, along with another number of bands, who I assume will be in the next announcement.

5 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

The agent will have contacted all the festivals they could play. If they have accepted this offer from R&L you speak of, they clearly want to play, so why would the organisers not have approached them in the first place?

Not to mention V and T are co-owned by the same company, which is also promoting the Etihad shows. So there's no way in hell TITP knew about the comeback and V didn't.

Perhaps the band's management weren't accepting any contact until after the announcement. Like I say, this is all information that has been passed on to me, but from a very reliable source.

Bottom line though, is that V wanted them, and Reading has got them.

Edited by ian-fp

4 minutes ago, ian-fp said:

Perhaps the band's management weren't accepting any contact until after the announcement. Like I say, this is all information that has been passed on to me, but from a very reliable source.

Bottom line though, is that V wanted them, and Reading has got them.

Sorry I worded it wrong and didn't edit it in time before your reply.

I meant if they were going to accept an offer from R&L, they clearly wanted to play there, so why wouldn't The Stone Roses agent have contacted R&L as he did TITP. They'll want to maximise profit so they'll have made sure to nail down as many bookings as possible.

I don't think The Stone Roses are unlikely but nothing about this info is adding up.

9 minutes ago, ian-fp said:

A Day To Remember have also been mentioned to me, but my friend reckons they're headlining the NME.

What is it you'd like to know? Aside from Foals, Disclosure and The Stone Roses, I have also been told where the bands already announced will be playing, along with another number of bands, who I assume will be in the next announcement.

Well could you just tell us everything you've heard? Placements, announcements etc.