Lineup 2016

Matt42

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

True on Biffy, but in reality, other than Download, all the UK fests they could play still have slots available.

I know Glastonbury apparently don't see them as headline size but as a back up option I'm sure they'd take them.

IOW have a slot left.

TITP have 2.

V festival.

BST.

Otherwise just an arena tour and then R&L next year I can see happening.

I do still think R&L could happen, though. Between Kanye, Biffy and The Stone Roses for me. For now I'm gonna go with Kanye at R&L, Roses at V and Biffy doing their own dates/BST in England.

Yeah I know all those places are options but I had discounted them. They won't be the marquee headliner we're expecting for IOW, they won't be at V, they could easily play TITP as well, BST have limited slots left which Biffy are likely to be doing European festivals during at that time (plus it'd be kinda daft) and if they're doing their own outdoor shows they'd have announced it by now.

Those three acts are the ones I (and probably everyone else) agree are the front runners but I wouldn't narrow it down to just those at the moment, we haven't really seen the full picture as far as touring acts go as there are slots to fill all over Europe. EDIT: The Strokes are one that might be in contention now; new album, doing shows again and pops with R+L crowd.

Edited by dentalplan

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I know all those places are options but I had discounted them. They won't be the marquee headliner we're expecting for IOW, they won't be at V, they could easily play TITP as well, BST have limited slots left which Biffy are likely to be doing European festivals during at that time (plus it'd be kinda daft) and if they're doing their own outdoor shows they'd have announced it by now.

Those three acts are the ones I (and probably everyone else) agree are the front runners but I wouldn't narrow it down to just those at the moment, we haven't really seen the full picture as far as touring acts go as there are slots to fill all over Europe. EDIT: The Strokes are one that might be in contention now; new album, doing shows again and pops with R+L crowd.

Yeah I mentioned The Strokes when I saw they were rumoured for Gov Ball but I think it'd make a pretty weak lineup if them and Foals/Disclosure are the final headliners.

That'd be 3 out of 4 headliners who'd struggle to command headline slots at other major festivals here.

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah I mentioned The Strokes when I saw they were rumoured for Gov Ball but I think it'd make a pretty weak lineup if them and Foals/Disclosure are the final headliners.

That'd be 3 out of 4 headliners who'd struggle to command headline slots at other major festivals here.

Sure but it's only T that The Strokes didn't headline and they didn't headline it ten years ago either so I guess that's just a thing. Plus it's not really like Kanye is a star name at festivals; he's killed two of them and obviously the Glasto booking wasn't to everyone's favour. I would say with both that they're well enough suited that those things wouldn't really come into play.

57 minutes ago, LondonTom said:

srr1DE0.jpg

Great post LondonTom but Kanye shouldn't be anywhere a post that involves Hendrix, Hendrix doesn't deserve that.

40 minutes ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

Kanye would sell his day out and weekend tickets by the dozen

strokes are a sub

Don't be bloody stupid lol, he wouldn't get close to it!

I do not understand why most people want kayne to headline this year reading. Some of this songs are great but having watch is headline performance last year at Glastonbury he was shit and most people said the same thing. Also I do not know if the stone roses will want to play reading after the infamous performance in 1996 which is often quoted as the worst festival set ever. If worse than kayne' s!  

Edited by benus80

1 hour ago, The Placid Casual said:

London Tom has won the prize for the worst ever post on efestivals.

Gazza must have seen that as a challenge.

32 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Great post LondonTom but Kanye shouldn't be anywhere a post that involves Hendrix, Hendrix doesn't deserve that.

35 minutes ago, benus80 said:

I do not understand why most people want kayne to headline this year reading. Some of this songs are great but having watch is headline performance last year at Glastonbury he was shit and most people said the same thing. Also I do not know if the stone roses will want to play reading after the infamous performance in 1996 which is often quoted as the worst festival set ever. If worse than kayne' s!  

Now all I need is y'all to pronounce my name, it's KanYe

5 hours ago, conroy17 said:

Gazza must have seen that as a challenge.

No challenge, juat thoroughly agreeable.

Putting Kanye along Kendrix is just wrong, one of them is one of the greatest guitarists of all time, some would argue musicians/artists in general, one dates a fucking Kardashian - that's an easier description that many worda for him.

Kanye is unfortunately a perfectly reasonable booking for R&L, I'd imagine most of the complaints (other than from those chuckleheads who think R&L is a rock festival) would be because of his shitty performance at Glastonbury rather than because he isn't a suitable genre or type of act. The fact that he is a massive c**t is irrelevant as most of the people watching him will also be massive c**ts.