Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, mrtourette said:

Kanye is unfortunately a perfectly reasonable booking for R&L, I'd imagine most of the complaints (other than from those chuckleheads who think R&L is a rock festival) would be because of his shitty performance at Glastonbury rather than because he isn't a suitable genre or type of act. The fact that he is a massive c**t is irrelevant as most of the people watching him will also be massive c**ts.

He really is a c**t though.

9 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Kendrix

Kendrick Lamar's Jimi Hendrix tribute act?

But in all seriousness Kanye's an A* nobhead but that bares no effect on his music which I think is good; at times is brilliant.

12 minutes ago, conroy17 said:

Kendrick Lamar's Jimi Hendrix tribute act?

But in all seriousness Kanye's an A* nobhead but that bares no effect on his music which I think is good; at times is brilliant.

It does have an effect on being able to bare a single second of his voice.

Again, can we not let my slip of a phone keyboard of a K instead of H be a reason for including then both in the same collection of words. I think I'd rather Kanye was more like Axl, cancelled and pulled out of things, turned up late so less to endure!, that kind of thing.

Obviously this wont happen but Weezer should headline Reading, everyone seems to love them (standing by for a shitstorm of abuse), they have a massive back catalogue and don't play the UK very often so would be a nice change from the usual rotated ten headline acts.

Their problem is they never split up, and made a comeback.

17 hours ago, benus80 said:

I do not understand why most people want kayne to headline this year reading. Some of this songs are great but having watch is headline performance last year at Glastonbury he was shit and most people said the same thing. Also I do not know if the stone roses will want to play reading after the infamous performance in 1996 which is often quoted as the worst festival set ever. If worse than kayne' s!  

Ian Brown has played quite a few times since, as has Mani with Primal Scream. Plus Squire and Reni weren't in the band by that point. I'm sure they've gotten over playing one bad show 20 years ago.

Edited by VCK

11 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

Friday: Foals (Disclosure/Foals)

Saturday: RHCP

Sunday: Muse

that would be the dream but unlikely to happen

quite a mediocre dream tbh and not really all that unlikely.

5 minutes ago, conroy17 said:

quite a mediocre dream tbh and not really all that unlikely.

I disagree, Foals are somewhere in between very promising up and comers and a well established band, RHCP are classics without a doubt, and while they had a period where they were awful live, their recent performances have been incredible, and muse... well there is no other way to describe muse than festival Gods, just look at glasto 2010 and reading 2011.

2 hours ago, charley said:

Obviously this wont happen but Weezer should headline Reading, everyone seems to love them (standing by for a shitstorm of abuse), they have a massive back catalogue and don't play the UK very often so would be a nice change from the usual rotated ten headline acts.

Their problem is they never split up, and made a comeback.

No matter how many albums Weezer release they will not be headliners. Its a shame really cas they do have some excellent songs and are really fun live.