Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

By the way, those UK weezer shows are album release shows. The fan club email said they'll play 2 album release shows before playing regular shows on the tour. I might be reading too much into it, but I'm thinking we're getting the white album in full, plus some hits after.

1 minute ago, lightning1000 said:

I think tickets are that expensive as they're only playing 2 UK dates and have to justify making it worth their while stopping off in the UK 

So are you suggesting there is a chance of returning to the UK later on for more shows?

Tbf, they are playing Amsterdam and some Euro shows, its an hour away from the UK, its not our their way.

34 minutes ago, Shaun182 said:
On 30/11/2015 at 9:09 AM, justanothername said:

Classic JAN quote

8 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

By the way, those UK weezer shows are album release shows. The fan club email said they'll play 2 album release shows before playing regular shows on the tour. I might be reading too much into it, but I'm thinking we're getting the white album in full, plus some hits after.

Less tempted to go if that's the case. Also even if they don't do the white album in full I'm not that keen on pay £40 for a setlist where I don't even like half of the songs. Will probably cave in and get a ticket then sell it if I can't be bothered going

1 hour ago, lightning1000 said:

Hope this isn't true- surely they wouldn't play their first UK gig in what 4/5 years? and charge £40 for fans to hear a shit ton of songs they won't know.

I have my fingers crossed on them commemorating 20 years since Pinkerton's release (not gonna happen I know).

Album release shows aren't typically 'new album in full'. They're just shows outside of a full tour to coincide with the album release.

I think tickets are that expensive as they're only playing 2 UK dates and have to justify making it worth their while stopping off in the UK 

Tickets are [perceivably] expensive because it's Weezer and they're a well known act. Limp Bizkit had £50+ tickets at Brixton and were in the UK anyway for R+L.

Edited by dentalplan

No mention of the Vaccines, they have some great songs and a definite RandL band. I expect they'd be a definite Sub contender. Maybe even coheadline with Foals instead of Disclosure? Didn't think too much of their last album but regardless, they have a great backlog.

Thoughts? 

Edited by oli98

23 hours ago, mrtourette said:

Sub as in sub-headliner? Behave.

not saying it's a likely possibility, it would just be personally awesome for me.

7 minutes ago, oli98 said:

No mention of the Vaccines, they have some great songs and a definite RandL band. I expect they'd be a definite Sub contender. Thoughts? 

they outshone their headliners in kasabian in 2012 (I think) and they haven't played in a while (I think) so hopefully they will be on the lineup

15 minutes ago, oli98 said:

No mention of the Vaccines, they have some great songs and a definite RandL band. I expect they'd be a definite Sub contender. Maybe even coheadline with Foals instead of Disclosure? Didn't think too much of their last album but regardless, they have a great backlog.

Thoughts? 

Nah there were heights expected of them on this album but they didn't really make that step up and actually just stayed where they were, much to the surprise and delight of many, so they're not going to sub or headline. NME headline is the place that's been mooted for them and I'd agree with that, although it's not all that clear why they didn't do that this year when the album was still fresh.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Nah there were heights expected of them on this album but they didn't really make that step up and actually just stayed where they were, much to the surprise and delight of many, so they're not going to sub or headline. NME headline is the place that's been mooted for them and I'd agree with that, although it's not all that clear why they didn't do that this year when the album was still fresh.

Sounds about right actually NME for vaccines would be a very good booking imo

On 15/01/2016 at 8:43 AM, JSmurphy said:

For all you Weezer fans on here

12400746_10153199745992273_8158601992648029044_n.jpg

Looking at their most recent setlists its usually choc full of hits with Do you want to get high and thank god for girls chucked in. Reckon it'll be the same but with one or two more from White.

Setlist good or not, I'm 100% getting tickets. Might try to get tickets for both dates. If theres a sliver of a chance they play Only in Dreams I'm there.