Lineup 2016

Matt42

5 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

reading 2015, he had to mime half the words because his voice was so sore from screaming.

i think it was more down to the fact that he can't actually sing or hit the notes that he does on record and so needed the backing track to make it sound at all like he does on the album. without it he would've sounded pathetic, which of course is no excuse, but they're reached the level of stardom where they can now get away with it

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Shaun182 said:

I can't tell if EODM are going to get a ridiculously high slot this year (eg, 4th main) out of respect or just a normal slot for them (6th/7th main). In the announcement they're placed in between Twenty one pilots and Boy better know who I can imagine both playing around 4th main/2nd NME but does that mean EODM are going to get a similar slot to them?

I don't think they'll be bumped up any higher than they should be. They'll probably be on the main stage like last time. 

Did anyone else find them getting a BRIT nomination a bit... weird? 

14 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

You scream for 2 hours and see how it feels

Yes but that's your throat that hurts, not your voice. Your voice can't hurt.

5 minutes ago, leej7 said:

I may be reading too much into things but Foals' tour of Australia only featured a 14 song setlist, seems like a short one for a 'headline' band, signals more to the co-headline..? Any thoughts?

Nah they were doing the same on their UK tour and those sets lasted 1.5 hours, which is a normal headline set length.

8 hours ago, Shaun182 said:

I can't tell if EODM are going to get a ridiculously high slot this year (eg, 4th main) out of respect or just a normal slot for them (6th/7th main). In the announcement they're placed in between Twenty one pilots and Boy better know who I can imagine both playing around 4th main/2nd NME but does that mean EODM are going to get a similar slot to them?

I don't see why EODM getting 4th down would be 'out of respect'? As live performances go they're one of the best out there and in my eyes are more than capable of playing 4th on the main stage.

7 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

I don't see why EODM getting 4th down would be 'out of respect'? As live performances go they're one of the best out there and in my eyes are more than capable of playing 4th on the main stage.

They were 7th down in 2012 and hadn't really grown much. Also 5th down the second stage at Download last summer.

i think they'll definitely be one or two places up from last time (although fourth seems too much). their latest album managed to crack the top 40 which is significantly better than their previous albums did, so they've definitely grown in popularity a bit, added to the coverage they received after the attacks. i'd guess at fifth down

On 1/22/2016 at 7:16 PM, Biogeneric said:

Is that not the whole point of this thread? To discuss who you want and who you think it will be?

Nobody gives a shit about the first one, the second one matters but too many people think others care about what they want rather than what they think will happen.

"I know it won't happen but it would be sick if..." is a phrase used far too often by idiots devoid of any intelligence.

19 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Dunno why this is on -3. Seems pretty fair seeing as headlining Reading is their ambition and when they imagined that it probably entailed closing the stage.

If is, but as Yellowmore posted it I imagine people are assuming he's being a facetious smartarse and reacting to that.

6 minutes ago, maarrkk said:

he tweeted this, wasn't in reply to anyone

This has been discussed already, he quite often copypastes other people's Weezer-related tweets and tweets them himself. This is what happened here.

Edited by mrtourette

32 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Weezer at Summer Sonic makes them a little more possible. They could do some more Euro dates and that exactly the kind of tour they did when they last played a couple of early shows and did R&L.

No no no no no no, it's nothing like the kind of tour they did when they last played R&L. That was a weekend in the middle of a four-month US tour, and the only dates outside of North America that year. They've never "played a couple of early shows and did R&L".

You're probably thinking of when they did Brixton/Soni/T/Oxygen and then some Japanese dates the year after. Although not sure why that would be relevant.

While them actively touring in August points to a slight possibility if there's anything to be taken from Weezer is that nothing can be predicted (2005 for example). And for those who complain about not getting to see them in this country often, I think their Amsterdam gig this year is their first in mainland Europe for 10+ years (including festivals).

Edited by mrtourette