Lineup 2016

Matt42

Personally, im not buying that E-metro is right. It's not asif they're the most reliable/strong news source. Like, where would they get that information from early? Kinda seems like they've just chosen a strong rumour and gone for it. Would love to know if they've been right about it before though. 

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

It'd seem like that to one site anyway. And to the other site it'd seem like the other way around.

Basically it's all in the billing and if Disclosure close each but level with Foals on the promo then it's still a coheadline.

i'm sure it'll play out just like the other co-headliners with alternating nights. maybe it's just me but if i were in Foals i'd want to actually close a night like every other headliner does

Just now, Nick Aldous said:

Personally, im not buying that E-metro is right. It's not asif they're the most reliable/strong news source. Like, where would they get that information from early? Kinda seems like they've just chosen a strong rumour and gone for it. Would love to know if they've been right about it before though. 

I checked there cause that's where I found out about Red Hot Chilli Peppers playing the day that announcement went up. I wouldn't mind if it was wrong but they've already been right once for this year's fest.

1 minute ago, Nick Aldous said:

They're a national newspaper, they'll have been sent the PR...

Just now, Nick Aldous said:

I'd say it's reliable, remember there's an 'embargoed' press release that will have gone out early this afternoon to meet printing times for tomorow morning etc. 

3 hours ago, Dan Wilcox said:

Source 2:

Kanye West confirmed tomorrow, GNR out of the running until 2017. 

LCD Soundsystem also announced, presumably as a sub. 14 acts in all announced, again including TDCC, and Chvrches, in undisclosed slots. 

Both sources have provided accurate info in the past. Source 1 provided me the 2014  poster and the RHCP/1975 announcement, and Foals/Disclosure co-headline deal yet to be confirmed.  

I hope Source 2 is right

Edited by conroy17

5 hours ago, luckysalt said:

All im saying is, I know GNR's plans and it ain't Reading

BST I think, you knew these still had one to announce and IOW tbf will share eith them no bother.

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

surprising! although another frustrating couple of months of wondering who the third headliner is

The last one must be really shit if they have had to announce an act without selling out dates now. That's appalling.