Weather thread 2015

Swine_Glasto2014

For those who join us now here is The story of The Weather Thread told through the medium of Phil Jones infographic.

Kudos to those for whom this joke is just a horse I am hitching a ride on.

Well now thats a post! Excellent work my friend! *Doffs Hat

Edited by ThomThomDrum

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its now all indications suggest there will be light rain at points, for somewhere between 4 and 6 hours of the festival, focused on post-Friday. That is 6 hours out 120, or 1/20, or 5% of the time you spend there if you arrive Wednesday morning and leave monday morning. This rain will amount to showers at worst. 

For Britain, that is an absolutely stunning result, and I am buzzing!!! Thanks to all who have helped build tension for this stunning victory. See you all somewhere in a field in Somerset. 

Sat: Unfortunately some showers have now appeared and could be hitting the site throughout the day. These have not seen before on any of the runs. Hopefully this is a one off. Nothing heavy. Temps stable at 20, pressure dropping.

BBC now says no rain till Sunday!

So here's today's 06Z update. Let's see how things have changed from earlier.

Unfortunately, we have a definite downgrade.

Disappointing news for the weekend, with Saturday with showers now on the runs all day from the morning through to about 7pm. These have not been seen before so we'd like them not to be present in the next runs. Sunday is also markedly colder than we have seen before,

Weds: No rain, max temp stable at 21, pressure stable.

Thurs: No rain, max temp stable at 23, pressure stable (maybe even rising slightly from earlier).

Fri: Pretty much like before with light showers arriving 3pm to late evening. Less of a threat to the north once again. Max temps a degree higher at 22, pressure stable.

Sat: Unfortunately some showers have now appeared and could be hitting the site throughout the day. These have not seen before on any of the runs. Hopefully this is a one off. Nothing heavy. Temps stable at 20, pressure dropping.

Sun:  Showers could hit the site around 6am until 6pm, mostly light showers but in the afternoon there's slightly more concentrated rain tracking through Wales so remains a danger. Max temp down to a chilly 16, but pressure rising from the previous run.

Edited by briddj

But to put it into perspective, the 06z GFS shows 3mm of rain in total between now and the early hours of Monday.

This shows the total rainfall between 06:00 today and 00:00 Monday:

8wef9I2.gif

Apart from the ill informed seeming to gloat at the possibility that the best week of my year will be washed out I also get the 'aren't you gutted that you got your ticket expecting the Foos and you are getting Florence instead'

Thankfully I could not give a flying whatnot what anyone else believes. its almost here people.

Big thanks to all on this thread for the hard work and humour. It has been emotional.

I keep getting this too "I bet you're gutted about the Foos, would have been the only reason I got a ticket this year", that and pointing to the mirror article about a washout! One girl who is going with our group even asked how to get a refund when the Foos cancelled, needless to say, I had more than a stern word to say

But to put it into perspective, the 06z GFS shows 3mm of rain in total between now and the early hours of Monday.

This shows the total rainfall between 06:00 today and 00:00 Monday:

8wef9I2.gif

Yeah it's definitely only light stuff, but we'd really rather it was cloudy and sunny than drizzly stuff most of the time.

I keep getting this too "I bet you're gutted about the Foos, would have been the only reason I got a ticket this year", that and pointing to the mirror article about a washout! One girl who is going with our group even asked how to get a refund when the Foos cancelled, needless to say, I had more than a stern word to say

I'm at the point where I just ignore these people. The majority of them probably haven't been to a festival before. I don't know what to tell you if you paid £225 just to see Foo Fighters, ESPECIALLY when they were playing Wembley just before the festival for significantly less £££!

I'm at the point where I just ignore these people. The majority of them probably haven't been to a festival before. I don't know what to tell you if you paid £225 just to see Foo Fighters, ESPECIALLY when they were playing Wembley just before the festival for significantly less £££!

I know, I get the same stick every year for the 4 years I've gone, "bet you're gutted Metallica..." "The line up this year is shi...." "It's looking like a total washout according to the sun" blah blah blah, one of those that always says these things is coming this year and I'm going to let the next week do the talking!

06z is the poor run again you say?

Now there's a thing.

The rainfall totals are minimal - we should be happy-as that we're getting concerned about little patches of rain at a mm or two - previous years we were looking at 12mm over a day

The last few pages are brilliant.