Weather thread 2015

Swine_Glasto2014

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

06z is the poor run again you say?

Now there's a thing.

The rainfall totals are minimal - we should be happy-as that we're getting concerned about little patches of rain at a mm or two - previous years we were looking at 12mm over a day

The last few pages are brilliant.

Problem is if there's the odd shower, you can still get soaked which means carting waterproofs around all day, rather than feeling confident about leaving them at tent. I'd rather have all the rain in one day, you know where you are then.

Problem is if there's the odd shower, you can still get soaked which means carting waterproofs around all day, rather than feeling confident about leaving them at tent. I'd rather have all the rain in one day, you know where you are then.

upimg8%5CDisposable-Poncho_541588.jpg

Nightmare.

Just in case it really does nosedive from Friday onwards I am going to maximise the amount of ass-on-grass time I allow myself on Wednesday and Thursday. Any ass-on-grass I manage beyond this point would be considered a bonass.

Don't think this went unnoticed Rob. Bravo :)

The ensembles are pretty much agreed that we'll have some showers on Friday night to Saturday early hours, but dry the rest of the time. The Wetterzentrale total rainfall map has 3mm with the biggest nearby value at 7mm (ignore the Brecon Beacons, they're a lot bigger and wetter than the Mendips). Pretty much every forecasting system (GFS, Met Office, EC, Norwegians) has showers, but no more.

Don't panic. It's all going to be OK

The ensembles are pretty much agreed that we'll have some showers on Friday night to Saturday early hours, but dry the rest of the time. The Wetterzentrale total rainfall map has 3mm with the biggest nearby value at 7mm (ignore the Brecon Beacons, they're a lot bigger and wetter than the Mendips). Pretty much every forecasting system (GFS, Met Office, EC, Norwegians) has showers, but no more.

Don't panic. It's all going to be OK

Marry Me!

Yup. Metoffice forecast has changed the rain during the day to be less spread out but *heavy*, although evidently not enough to change overall symbol from cloud.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcn5nnctw#?fcTime=1435276800

I'm still worried. Should I be worried? Someone tell me not to worry. 

Whilst there's a lot of cloud around in that Met Office report, a short sharp shock of rain on Friday morning with none the rest of the day is not a bad thing. There would be some localised puddles, but ought to dry out by late afternoon.

A slow steady drizzle throughout the day would probably make it less muddy, but a bit more depressing to live through.

Possibly. There are so many variations of what would be good or not. I think I would rather the rain on Friday all came at once and then f*cked off for the rest of the day.