Weather thread 2015

Swine_Glasto2014

Yup. Metoffice forecast has changed the rain during the day to be less spread out but *heavy*, although evidently not enough to change overall symbol from cloud.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcn5nnctw#?fcTime=1435276800

I'm still worried. Should I be worried? Someone tell me not to worry.

*slap* pull yourself together man!

This'll help

http:-i.dailymail.co.uk-i-pix-2008-06-30

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to wear trainers and sit down. That's all I ask. Not fussed about sun. 

Wear boots and sit on your coat.

I've been going since 97 and have only ever swapped boots for trainers in 2010. This is not 2010, but you will be able to sit down for most of the time (the grass might be a bit damp, but not muddy)

Wear boots and sit on your coat.

I've been going since 97 and have only ever swapped boots for trainers in 2010. This is not 2010, but you will be able to sit down for most of the time (the grass might be a bit damp, but not muddy)

I always take bin bags and wear trainers unless the mud is bad. Hate boots and wellies. 

But thanks for talking me down. Not sure I could handle it if the forecasts went south now. 

I managed trainers and a sit down last year. beginning and end of the festival.

The worst part of last year (which wasn't too bad rain wise during the days) was the endless flirting with ground dryness.

I had me wellies off  sat on the grass Friday pm at the Other stage, was thinking we were going to be okay, then the storm turned up and fucked the site.

But to put it into perspective, the 06z GFS shows 3mm of rain in total between now and the early hours of Monday.

This shows the total rainfall between 06:00 today and 00:00 Monday:

8wef9I2.gif

Is it just me that has no idea what's going on here?  I can't even see the UK!

EDIT... ah I can see it now... its in the top left

Edited by windy_miller

But to put it into perspective, the 06z GFS shows 3mm of rain in total between now and the early hours of Monday.

This shows the total rainfall between 06:00 today and 00:00 Monday:

8wef9I2.gif

While we're on this map, can I say a big thank you to Slovenia.

That is taking one for the team in quite spectacular fashion.

bbc forecast for Friday has changed to just heavy rain at 10am only...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ba4

I'm reading that as all day. Bloody Fridays. Such an unnecessary day of the week - not the weekend but close so no one (and nothing, even weather) works properly but you still have to be there. Pointless. Edited by jimmyt