Weather thread 2015

Swine_Glasto2014

There was a proper heatwave just after, it was a piddly may and june, if I recall correctly.  Don't know if it would have been cancelled, as it never has before (and there have been some legendary years where it's been as bad as it can be).

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calm down y'all. The computer predictions are currently battling to decide whether the high or low pressure system is going on win out come Monday/Tuesday. Just got to keep fingers crossed for the High Pressure from the Azores to grow slowly. Heatwave could still easily be on the cards. All to play for.

There was a proper heatwave just after, it was a piddly may and june, if I recall correctly.  Don't know if it would have been cancelled, as it never has before (and there have been some legendary years where it's been as bad as it can be).

Somerset was still badly flooded in May and June, the water just sat there. Remember getting the train up from Devon to London and passing flooded field after flooded field. The logistics of getting everyone on site on saturated ground may have proved very challenging.

So at this point are we only really looking for trends? Obviously it's too early to know if/when/how much it's likely to rain. Is anything emerging at this stage?

*pretends to act like he knows what he's talking about*

Yeah. Sometimes by this point you can have a decent idea what's going to happen and the forecasts for rain or shine fairly confident. But sometimes you have a potentially problematic cold front with no clue how fast or what direction it's going to go in, so it's all still up in the air. Which is where we are now.

Given that Accuweather was so bad this morning and has already changed, I decided to do an afternoon version of my daily graph:

21d4ish.jpg

Better

PA-20886269.jpg

Out of interest what does the trend line look like if you take out this morning's accu data?

Edited by big__phil

pedmills - this continues to be brilliant. thanks. out of interest has accuweather generally been the maximum?

Some of the time it has, but not always. It currently is not - Wetter is. This morning it was, but yesterday WorldWeatherOnline was.

Over all the days I've being doing this Wetter has the highest average (19.7mm). Myweather2 (15.6) and Yourweather (15.9) are also ahead of Accuweather (13.6).

Accuweather has been the most varied though.

Some of the time it has, but not always. It currently is not - Wetter is. This morning it was, but yesterday WorldWeatherOnline was.

Over all the days I've being doing this Wetter has the highest average (19.7mm). Myweather2 (15.6) and Yourweather (15.9) are also ahead of Accuweather (13.6).

Accuweather has been the most varied though.

I love this kind of analysis, cracking stuff.

Accuweather seems to have updated their forecast again - I can only see 4mm of rain now: http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/pilton/ba4-4/june-weather/710458

Accuweather are taking the piss! Sunny up until Wednesday then cloud and rain until Monday and sunny afterwards? They really are pulling our chain.

Given that Accuweather was so bad this morning and has already changed, I decided to do an afternoon version of my daily graph:

21d4ish.jpg

The thing about this graph is that it's tempting to think "we're still way below 2014 and that wasn't too bad".... but 2014 actually had a tonne, just all in one go. If you spread that out over 3-4 days then you have a miserable festival weather-wise.