Weather thread 2015

Swine_Glasto2014

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're fucked!

Seriously though, graphs without labels..It could be number of elephants expected on worthy farm for all I know.

That would be zero - Adele is playing next year.

Disclaimer: This is a joke. I mean no offence to Adele or any elephants with this.

Edited by st dan

I'm not happy until Pedmills tells me I'm happy.

Where is pedmills? PPPEEEEEEEDDMIIIIIIIILLLS?!?!

i'm actually a bit worried that i need a pedmills graph to tell me how to feel about anything. e.g. do i want a cup of tea? blue or black pants today? what is an appropriate amount of money to spend on a fathers' day card?

This is true - I also seem to recall that the site just missed a calamitous storm later on on the Saturday night that hit somewhere else nearby.

This is very much correct.

Waiting for Metallica I recall telling everyone that we were proper fucked Nal stylee as we looked off to the west, but a good wind blew and those nasty ass clouds fecked off to the north and skirted the site thankfully.

They were really very dark and angry looking mofos

Met Office:

UK Outlook for Tuesday 23 Jun 2015 to Thursday 2 Jul 2015:

A drier, brighter interlude for most on Tuesday and Wednesday with somewhat warmer conditions expected, although there is still a risk of slow moving showers, mainly in the south. From Thursday onwards, northern and western parts will tend to be cooler and windier with showers or longer spells of rain at times, whereas southern and most eastern areas are more likely to hold onto warmer, drier weather at times, but even across the southeast intervals of occasional rain and stronger winds seem likely at times. There is a possibility that a more generally settled picture to develop across the whole UK towards the start of July, but confidence in any detail is low at this stage.

So is it that this week is looking good for a festival, next week not so, but the week after looking good again?

Are we frustratingly going to be sandwiched between 2 ideal weeks! :(

Ofcourse we are, come on man this is Glastonbury. And the one thing that makes my blood curdle about the UK and having a interest in anything outdoors

This isn't actually as bad as it sounds.

8.1mm total between gates opening Wednesday and Saturday afternoon. We probably had more than that in an hour last year

http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Pilton~7301403/long.html

People need to check they're looking at the right Pilton, there are several.  That's the wrong one.  This is the right one: http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Pilton~7292387/long.html.

Predicting 13.4mm Weds to Sat (almost all Weds night and Sat night).

People need to check they're looking at the right Pilton, there are several.  That's the wrong one.  This is the right one: http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Pilton~7292387/long.html.

I always use Shepton Mallet because of this. I actually live in Pilton Devon and have this problem. Out of interest, how do ensure that you get the right one?

i'm actually a bit worried that i need a pedmills graph to tell me how to feel about anything. e.g. do i want a cup of tea? blue or black pants today? what is an appropriate amount of money to spend on a fathers' day card?

I'll try to stand in for Pedmills in his absence.

Yes

Blue

£1.50

People need to check they're looking at the right Pilton, there are several. That's the wrong one. This is the right one: http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Pilton~7292387/long.html.

yr.no are usually spookily accurate when I go snowboarding in Norway, but then I'm looking for snow! For Manchester right now it's got cloudy/sun and typically for Manchester I haven't seen the sun for days so maybe their just good at snow. Edited by nowthen2k6

No I had the correct one - but only the readings until Saturday lunchtime

I'll try to stand in for Pedmills in his absence.

Yes

Blue

£1.50

thanks. how many sources did you check? what was the differential between mean and median? how has this changed over time?!? have you weighted the results towards the last few days?!??!!!

fuck me i need a holiday.