Coachella

mccdyl001

On 1/13/2023 at 11:07 AM, Matt42 said:

If you spent any time here in England you’d realise why Bad Bunny is just not a thing here, but I’m going to assume you’re missing all the cultural nuance and you think his credentials in America are enough for him to do what he wants in the UK.

I mean, it can depend how into this stuff people are. I had a cursory glance at the set profile and the fact the last two Bad Bunny gigs listed were at a huge stadium in Mexico City with this indicates he is fucking massive in North America, which is very impressive. In the UK, however, he's listed as once doing a show at the Kentish Town Forum in 2018. I assumed he'd be bigger now, but Glasto headline... not so much.

For my record, my only two sights of Bad Bunny were his role as a character in the movie Bullet Train and being name-checked a few times in John Oliver's bit about Ticketmaster, and that's it.

On 1/13/2023 at 11:39 AM, gfa said:

Just to point out this is completely wrong

Think the 1975 will be headlining when they next hit them too - there are plenty of other acts though that headline here but do nothing in the US though e.g. Gallaghers, Biffy

Can’t see The 1975 headlining Coachella anytime soon. Matty has talked openly about how much he dislikes Coachella and their response in 2019 was lukewarm. I can only see it if their next album is a huge mainstream hit in the US.

The last two bands to headline Coachella were Radiohead and Guns N Roses, and they’re much more established legacy bands.

Edited by Punisher

19 minutes ago, Punisher said:

Can’t see The 1975 headlining Coachella anytime soon. Matty has talked openly about how much he dislikes Coachella and their response in 2019 was lukewarm. I can only see it if their next album is a huge mainstream hit in the US.

The last two bands to headline Coachella were Radiohead and Guns N Roses, and they’re much more established legacy bands.

I meant US fests in general not specifically coachella sorry

If anything now its non legacy bands that will be headlining coachella

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am a huge Bjork fan and saw her orchestral show a few months ago. 

I just don't think it goes well with a festival. People talking all over the place. Sound is not ideal. And unfortunately her voice is just not the same it once was. It's still her, so it's amazing, but she's lost the power she used to have vocally. 

At an indoors venue it would be a different story. 

3 hours ago, Calvin Klein said:

I just don't think it goes well with a festival. People talking all over the place. Sound is not ideal. And unfortunately her voice is just not the same it once was. It's still her, so it's amazing, but she's lost the power she used to have vocally. 

Yeah. Was excited to see her at Glasto. Was shite.

5 hours ago, Calvin Klein said:

Well in an interview she did a couple weeks ago Frank Ocean had asked her to be the act before him at Coachella. Thats why she chose to do it. Sound def wont be a problem at Coachella. Jury will be out on the talking or not. I mean if it was a non cornucopia/orkestral show and had full band plus electronics then it would def blow some people away. For me its just nice to have 3 former headliners just casually being on the lineup like its not big deal. And also that was apparently the same deal for Gorillaz. Bad Bunny wanted them before his set. Thats some artist power for you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gfa said:

@Suprefan any idea what time / stage chems are playing yet? not too in the loop with coachella and a friend whos going asked

cheers

edit: found it - outdoor theater stage closing set.

Sorry.  Yeah, Should be that. Schedules out in a week so tell them that too. And it always releases this late so hopefully your mate isnt stressing too much about it. Gonna be a long week.

temps looking reasonable. Weather has been very cool with all the rain but a scorcher set of days leading into the weekend shouldnt be of concern. Prob hitting about 30 on average each day with some wind.

Judging by photos on the 'Gram and in the media alone, I feel like I would be far too dirty, boozed up, and bombed for Coachella, in danger of being moved on by the Cali authorities for cash in hand for not "looking the part".

This is all based on my own prejudice from Insta etc of course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Sorry.  Yeah, Should be that. Schedules out in a week so tell them that too. And it always releases this late so hopefully your mate isnt stressing too much about it. Gonna be a long week.

temps looking reasonable. Weather has been very cool with all the rain but a scorcher set of days leading into the weekend shouldnt be of concern. Prob hitting about 30 on average each day with some wind.

Yeah i did say its pretty standard to come out this time lol