announcement

eFestivals

Silver Hayes has announce day splits for the WOW stage. Possibly more bands on the poster but not sure. They have also said - more individual stages to be announced over the coming weeks. So it may mean the 2nd June announcement is not day/stage splits or orders

11143115_496637260489022_588439975757447

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silver Hayes has announce day splits for the WOW stage. Possibly more bands on the poster but not sure. They have also said - more individual stages to be announced over the coming weeks. So it may mean the 2nd June announcement is not day/stage splits or orders

11143115_496637260489022_588439975757447

I would imagine that is very, very unlikely. just gauging on what we had at this point last year, when EE says "Full Line Up", she will mean full whack line up With day splits. There would be no reason for it not to mean as much.

I also crunched some numbers today and figured unless they get their arses into gear they're not going to make it. Looking at some of their other gigs and events, they seem to be sailing close to the edge with many of them.

Yeah they sent out my Macca ticket so late that, after the bank holiday delayed it by a day, it only arrived this morning. The gig was last night.

As per the last couple of pages of this very thread, Emily has said everything is coming on Tuesday.

I've seen that she said 'the rest' will be coming on Tuesday, but she hasn't categorically said the whole thing (rest of the acts, stages/time breakdowns etc) will be coming then has she?

You'd assume it would be everything, but you just can't second guess anything at all this year.

hope we get another stage as well as shangri la before tues

williams green tomorrow maybe?

I think it will be unlikely to get any more williams green

they have already released part of the lineup here and i doubt they will announce any more as they will probably end up announcing people who will play on bigger stages over the rest of the weekend.

Yeah they sent out my Macca ticket so late that, after the bank holiday delayed it by a day, it only arrived this morning. The gig was last night.

I have a question regarding See Tickets, not Glastonbury related but seeing as people are discussing them it seems a decent place.

Bought tickets for Elton John in Walsall for myself & Mrs Jass at Christmas, the gig is in a couple of weeks. Tickets I bought were in the middle price range but suspiciously close to the front, got my confirmation saying that we had tickets in the front block, pretty central.

Received an email yesterday that due to an "admin error" they're moving our tickets three blocks back and to the side of the stage. Sent them an angry email the reply was pretty much "sorry, but tough". Strikes me that they've released that they have accientally sold premium seats cheaper and are trying to rectify their error by shunting us back.

Does anyone know if I have any comeback on this?

Cheers

I have a question regarding See Tickets, not Glastonbury related but seeing as people are discussing them it seems a decent place.

Bought tickets for Elton John in Walsall for myself & Mrs Jass at Christmas, the gig is in a couple of weeks. Tickets I bought were in the middle price range but suspiciously close to the front, got my confirmation saying that we had tickets in the front block, pretty central.

Received an email yesterday that due to an "admin error" they're moving our tickets three blocks back and to the side of the stage. Sent them an angry email the reply was pretty much "sorry, but tough". Strikes me that they've released that they have accientally sold premium seats cheaper and are trying to rectify their error by shunting us back.

Cheers

Not related, but seetickets related:

My ACDC ticket still has not been dispatched. Booked through gogsandtours which is seetickets. Every other outlet seems to have sent theirs out.

Not related, but seetickets related:

My ACDC ticket still has not been dispatched. Booked through gogsandtours which is seetickets. Every other outlet seems to have sent theirs out.

Probably because Gogsandtours doesnt exist? haha, i jest :)

Cheers

If the seats were advertised at the price, you have paid and they have charged your card then you have a fair case. If they have merely pre-authorised funds and not yet charged they could worm their way out of it.

I used to work for a retailer with an online presence and we were the frontline for such admin errors, which are often genuinely nothing more than a typo by an overworked and stressed worker. We were successfully sued by people who fought a similar (but more expensive) situation even though it was an obvious error that they were trying to capitalise on, but on other occasions we got away with it simply because people didn't fight the case and felt it was reasonable for us to offer a refund of the payment and not supply.

The law, as it was explained by our legal dept, stated that if you've advertised goods or services at a price and accepted and taken payment then you have entered into a contract with the customer. It doesn't cost much to take a company to the small claims court and if they don't respond to the court documents within 14 days the claimant will automatically win.

If the seats were advertised at the price, you have paid and they have charged your card then you have a fair case. If they have merely pre-authorised funds and not yet charged they could worm their way out of it.

I used to work for a retailer with an online presence and we were the frontline for such admin errors, which are often genuinely nothing more than a typo by an overworked and stressed worker. We were successfully sued by people who fought a similar (but more expensive) situation even though it was an obvious error that they were trying to capitalise on, but on other occasions we got away with it simply because people didn't fight the case and felt it was reasonable for us to offer a refund of the payment and not supply.

The law, as it was explained by our legal dept, stated that if you've advertised goods or services at a price and accepted and taken payment then you have entered into a contract with the customer. It doesn't cost much to take a company to the small claims court and if they don't respond to the court documents within 14 days the claimant will automatically win.

Cheers Spindles, I actually do have a little legal experience in this area so should be able to bullshit them on the phone until they give in. They have charged my card so legally I'm entitled to demand what I have paid for. If they bump me into the higher price bracket for free I'll take that.

As long as the advertised price isn't a mistake (and the buyer should have known it was a mistake). You generally can't get a telly for a quid because of a admin fuck up, for example.

I think you're on solid ground - send a polite but firm email, copy it in to the managing director or someone like that. The least you can expect is some cash or vouchers for your 'distress'.

I just remember suffering a debacle when it wasn't the royal mail doing the delivery (a company called DX iirc) and it took 2 weeks of claimed delivery attempts that never occurred before I finally had the tickets in my hand, presented by a bloke with a very aggressive attitude who had the nerve to chide me for complaining that he had been repeatedly lying about having tried to deliver them (I was off sick following surgery and hadn't left the house the whole time, sat 3 feet away from the front door). Since then the idea of something going wrong fills me with dread and every day that I check the tickets and see no progress I get a bit more fearful.

It was DX, they run an alternative postal system for companies. Were also doing courier jobs as well. There were a lot of complaints about them, See do seem to still use them so always wondered if Glastonbury told them they had yo use the Royal Mail as most people are not too far from their sorting office so easy to collect if not delivered.

In 2005 they really cut it to the wire. We got ours on the Monday before the festival. Had missed them at home, luckily able to rearrange for my wife's work address. The guy who delivered said we were lucky as he still had a load more to deliver and was aware how much of a problem it was redelivering.

On other occasions with DX when we tried to get them to deliver to a different address having missed the delivery we were told a) can't deliver to another address as part of terms and conditions and B) as work address was in a different town it was dealt with by a different hub.

Soon learnt when ordering tickets to change the delivery address at time of purchase to work address, until they started to use RM more. Even then there can be problems, one year tickets for Latitude sent to work address, came back from Glastonbury to notice they had been sent to work address on the Friday and saw who signed for them (an older member of staff shall we say). Back into the office on the Tuesday, no tickets, asked the guy who signed for them and he denied it! Eventually went to the office bins outside and had to sift through the rubbish and found them, the guy who signed them thought they were a flyer!!!!!

Taking some time off these forums, mainly for mine and the forums benefit.

Happy to see that Emily has given a date, strange as she's usually the most tightest lipped of all.

See you lot at the festival! :)

ffs matt no one flounces off the forums this close to the festival!

get your arse back on here.