announcement

eFestivals

Is Beans On Toast actually good live? He sounds like someone I want to like, I'm sure some of you are going to say he's a staple of the festival...but I find the simplicity of his lyrics a bit cringe worthy to be honest. Am I supposed to find it highly amusing? Perhaps when I'm pissed.

Kinda sounds like someone who wants to have something important to day but doesn't really apart from yeah drugs are good fun and oh isn't it a shame that chickens are so cheap. I guess I can see why people would like him though.

I saw him support Frank Turner at the O2 Arena last year, thought he was great. Made a joke about him being better than Michael Jackson because MJ never played the O2 Arena and he did.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Beans On Toast actually good live? He sounds like someone I want to like, I'm sure some of you are going to say he's a staple of the festival...but I find the simplicity of his lyrics a bit cringe worthy to be honest. Am I supposed to find it highly amusing? Perhaps when I'm pissed.

If that's the way the guy wants to express himself then let him be. There is no rule on how to write lyrics :)

Edited by BlackHole2006

Couldn't agree with you more and I normally like quirky song-writers, I was just surprised he seems to be held in such high esteem at Glastonbury considering the lack of depth to his records. Pretty much sounds like a drunk that's just got up to strum his guitar and rant aimlessly, which perhaps is the point.

Kinda sounds like someone who wants to have something important to day but doesn't really apart from yeah drugs are good fun and oh isn't it a shame that chickens are so cheap. I guess I can see why people would like him though.

Very good, very funny bloke and works the crowd really well. Although if the simplicity of his lyrics bother you not sure what to tell you, it is what it is!

get hold of watchdog if you have confirmation of seats and price showing what you've paid they have no way to come back, I've had this before they expect people to just grin and bare it, which most people will without complaint, lay it on thick aswell watchdog will defo be the way forward

Cheers, I've been exchanging emails with them all day, slowly chipping away at them. First it was "nothing we can do", then they offered to refund my booking fee, now I'm working on getting an upgrade to a better seat than the one they offered me. The annoying thing is that even the more expensive seats I'm looking to get wont be as good as the ones I had originally booked.

Can't believe how short her set was! Got my fingers crossed for a surprise announcement still.

There has to be a calculated reason why an artist with an hour slot only plays 37 minutes and then only allows three of seven songs to be broadcast. If you knew your much fuller set would be broadcast in full to a huge audience four weeks later you might want to hold back to maximise the impact. Logical Captain

I always worry for the day that they have one of those from Glastonbury. Just info'd the latest episode and turns out its from Frequency Festival in Austria apparently.

'Bloody foreigners', the Austrians will say, 'coming over here and ruining our festivals'.

I just watched this episode and, like everywhere episode its cringe worthy! Not the concept of the show that's always boring. It's just horney kids getting pissed. But there's this dickhead on it that is practically a rapist kept grabbing unsuspecting Austrian girls and forcing them to kiss him. Including one bird with a fella who pulled him off, the kid on the show then kick off raring for a tear up! He also hurled over the door of a neibours tent and showed zero remorse, didn't apologise or offer to at lease clean it up.

no one ever does drugs on these programmes either, that would make for good viewing espically the types of parents on the show and there reaction.

I just watched this episode and, like everywhere episode its cringe worthy! Not the concept of the show that's always boring. It's just horney kids getting pissed. But there's this dickhead on it that is practically a rapist kept grabbing unsuspecting Austrian girls and forcing them to kiss him. Including one bird with a fella who pulled him off, the kid on the show then kick off raring for a tear up! He also hurled over the door of a neibours tent and showed zero remorse, didn't apologise or offer to at lease clean it up.

no one ever does drugs on these programmes either, that would make for good viewing espically the types of parents on the show and there reaction.

They did it from Kendal calling a couple of years ago, which made the festival look like V, when in reality there are two dance tents where that type hang out and that's where they were the whole time (or at camp). Bad misrepresentation. I doubt they'd be allowed to do it at Glastonbury as it's the bbc so they'd likely have to run it past the organisers

They did it from Kendal calling a couple of years ago, which made the festival look like V, when in reality there are two dance tents where that type hang out and that's where they were the whole time (or at camp). Bad misrepresentation. I doubt they'd be allowed to do it at Glastonbury as it's the bbc so they'd likely have to run it past the organisers

That girl in the Kendal one.... oh dear...

I'm watching Festival, Sex and Suspicious Parents and it's put everything into an awful new perspective.

Good lord.

Watched this on iPlayer yesterday. It's the exact same thing every episode.

They sign a contract saying that they can't do drugs.

I genuinely don't know why any parent would put themselves through this show. They are just weird.

I genuinely don't know why any parent would put themselves through this show. They are just weird.

The mother on this weeks episode was abnormally lax

Not having a problem with her son practically sexually assaulting some of the women as well as laughing at the idea of fingering a girls bum for free 'sammys' all night

cor I absolutely hated it!

The mother on this weeks episode was abnormally lax

Not having a problem with her son practically sexually assaulting some of the women as well as laughing at the idea of fingering a girls bum for free 'sammys' all night

cor I absolutely hated it!

I caught this. The way his mum enabled his behaviour was shocking.

Not the best representation of brits abroad.

Anyone getting Prodigy tickets? Never been to Wembley before.

Yep. Got Wembley and Manchester. Wembley's not the best venue, was fucking hot in there for System of a Down earlier this year so I expect the Prodigy will be equally as sweaty, if not more so.

Can someone tell me, the Manchester venue is the old G-Mex, yeah?