announcement

eFestivals

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think williams green have already announced what they can before the rest of the lineup reveals who will play a double set

Good morning. Is there a link anywhere for Williams Green line up as I would like to go to the Northern Soul slot after the Who? Thank you have a great Saturday

I mostly listen to the radio in the car, and it's Absolute Radio most of the time. About 90% of its output is British guitar music from 1990 to 2010. So I don't find it particularly challenging. Which is kind of what I want when I'm driving.

I prefer a lighter radio show, such as up with the partridge on radio norwich

I'm going to assume that whoever has replaced them wouldn't be for me either. Is Huw Stevens still there? That little shit. Fearne Cotton is definitely the worst though, I'm scarred from having to listen to her all the way home from Latitude last year, playing loud pointless noises and reading out her insipid listeners "hashtag amazeballs" tweets, it was like nails down a chalkboard. I'm the designated driver this year though, so it's Simon & Garfunkel for the 6 hours there and 6 hours back. Used to have no beef with Cotton when she was providing X-Men cartoons on a Saturday morning, but since then she's given me cause to develop some serious heavy duty wheat-based beef substitutes (don't eat animals, yo) with her.

Fearne Cotton is without a doubt the worst presenter Radio1 has ever had. The way she used to say "LondonTown" made my piss boil. I hope there's a special corner of hell reserved for her. The woman knew literally nothing about music and was clearly just being told what to say was cool. I fucking hate Huw Stevens but I do at least acknowledge he attempts to understand something or other about music.

Edited by Festival Liam

Nothing annoys me more about the BBC coverage (or indeed it seems any Festival coverage by any network) when they make a massive deal of getting an artist into the studio to perform live, just show their Festival performance for gods sake!!

Or when they do the 'backstage' performances. There are something like 2000 sets played in the actual festival, yet they feel the need to get someone to do a shitty, sterile version of their songs. Those backstage areas aren't really in the festival, they're like one of those shipping containers that are a different country, so that prisoners can be tortured to extract evidence. Awful.

Just to prick some balloons; it's only confirmed we're getting the full lineup on Tuesday, not times.

But it's got to be pretty likely, I'd imagine. It's been around the same time that we've had the timings in previous years. And of course that e-mail we all received mentioned the full line-up and timings being announced soon, which one could assume would imply they're coming together. Of course this could all be entirely wrong and we may be waiting until they release the digital programme again for timings...

I didn't realise they'd gone this far down the shitter.

BBC Radio 1 set out to reach a more youthful audience and thats exactly what they did. Unfortunately, it's cost them nearly one million listeners.

According to official Rajar listening figures, the station averaged 9.7 million listeners a week during the first three months 2015, its lowest audience since the end of 2003. Year on year, the station has lost 830,000 listeners from its 10.5 million weekly average in 2014.

Nick Grimshaws breakfast show has slumped to his lowest listening figures yet, with just 5.5 million tuning in to his antics every week.

The figures mark a record low for Grimshaws breakfast show, and are the lowest since Sara Coxs final three months in 2003.

After criticism that the station was not youthful enough, Grimshaw was hired to replace Chris Moyles in 2012 in an attempt to attract younger listeners.

According to the new figures, listeners aged over 30 accounted for around 90 per cent of the dip in figures, the most common age of a Radio 1 listener being 21.

Radio 1 controller Ben Cooper congratulated the host, saying: Grimmy is doing what I've asked of him by keeping his young audience happy and scaring off the over-30's."

Moyles will be more smug then ever, surprised he has not went back to radio though. Was never going to be the same though after he fell out with dave