Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Just now, cb4747 said:

I reckon around 100. 

Sadly, I reckon a lot more than that. I reckon a lot of lurkers will have signed up to the page alerts and got tickets but just wont post on here that they have got them. I think we will be very, very lucky if we end up with a ticket now.

1 minute ago, tabasco said:

Right, I've got a flight to catch so am out of play until Thursday.

If there is another resale, then I wish you all the best of luck B)

Christ, how long is the flight?!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, marcoolio said:

Also, are you sure different devices in the same network will always have the same IP?

Depends on the NAT (Network Address Translation) setting on the outgoing firewall and the number of IP addresses available. For home users the answer is overwhelmingly yes unless they have a very complex setup.

1 minute ago, Mark_safc said:

Sadly, I reckon a lot more than that. I reckon a lot of lurkers will have signed up to the page alerts and got tickets but just wont post on here that they have got them. I think we will be very, very lucky if we end up with a ticket now.

ah well I know there's 124 people watching this but definitely not 124 people commenting so you have a good point. I don't think there's going to be anymore but there's a fab crowd in this thread and it would be sad to leave now...

1 minute ago, Mark_safc said:

I agree - I wonder how many were alerted by Mr Young posting it for all the world to see.....

2 minutes ago, tabasco said:

Right, I've got a flight to catch so am out of play until Thursday.

If there is another resale, then I wish you all the best of luck B)

Can any of us try for you? I know there's the payment issue etc though

4 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Hopefully!!!!! I've taken a stop driving so it won't be now haha 

I had to nip out for 10mins in the car before, had the laptop open on the passenger seat and tethering from my phone, in case the alarm went off and I could pull over and apply lightening fingers. DESPERATE FINGERS

Edited by El R Davy

1 minute ago, El R Davy said:

I had to nip out for 10mins in the car before, had the laptop open on the passenger seat and tethering from my phone, in case the alarm went off and I could pull over and apply lightening fingers. DESPERATE FINGERS

Haha. PC PLOD would be livid with you!

2 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

ah well I know there's 124 people watching this but definitely not 124 people commenting so you have a good point. I don't think there's going to be anymore but there's a fab crowd in this thread and it would be sad to leave now...

It'll be more than 124, that's only the number who are registered on the site 

1 minute ago, El R Davy said:

I honestly with yesterday don't think that would be quick enough. I was at my desk yesterday and got on the page the second I got the alert and was still too slow. I even had the reg etc pre loaded! 

Just now, emilyboris said:

It'll be more than 124, that's only the number who are registered on the site 

My best guess is 3-500 I can't imagine there was much more than that. There's a lot of disappointed people and not that many (in relation) to people who were successful 

1 minute ago, Lucy92 said:

I honestly with yesterday don't think that would be quick enough. I was at my desk yesterday and got on the page the second I got the alert and was still too slow. I even had the reg etc pre loaded! 

Good grief, you were unlucky. Sorry to hear that:(

Phew you're a chatty bunch! Just caught up!!

Re smoking.. I can recommend this (altho not for Glastonbury!!) http://www.volcanovaporizer.com/shop_eu/en

Re. locations - I've been in Canada for general sale October 2014 - didn't get through.
Canada for resale April 2015 - didn't get through (friends in UK did for coaches) woohooo.
Malaysia for general sale October 2015 - didn't get through.
France for resale April 2016 - got through twice for THURSDAY coaches (Wednesday would have been nice), and then didn't get through in Switzerland for the GA resale for the same year.

Sooooo I don't think it's a thing!

What can I say? Keep the faith. I'd say if you really want to be there you'll get there somehow (second hand ticket, working, volunteering, pity ticket from the Evises, sneak in.......maybe another resale.....)

1 minute ago, mgc07 said:

If it's a secret resale wouldn't you want to keep it a secret to give yourself and everyone a better chance, rather than post it on social media for the world to see

This forum is open for the world to see available from a quick Google search. It's a game for anyone to play. 

5 minutes ago, Woz101 said:

Depends on the NAT (Network Address Translation) setting on the outgoing firewall and the number of IP addresses available. For home users the answer is overwhelmingly yes unless they have a very complex setup.

trust me, i've got 6 IPs* in my house and there's nothing complex at all about my set-up.

(my 'normal' dynamic IP, plus a block of 5 fixed IPs).

All devices using any of those IPs plug into the same one network, with the BT router handling everything.

4 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Can any of us try for you? I know there's the payment issue etc though

Thanks for the offer, but I'm good :)

@funkyuk @cb4747 -  If the resale hasn't happened by Thursday, I've still got your details saved to my desktop so will continue to keep an eye out :D