Secret resales 2015

Terence99

4 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

I'm sure I've been on the forums here around ticket time a few years ago and seen such 'back doors' posted, but haven't seen anything similar the past few years (in sales for 14/15/16)

I've used 'back door' links in the past but not since 2013 

i think that was the year someone found the direct ip link to the server at See. 

1 minute ago, Lucy92 said:

This whole malarkey is the most stressful thing I think I've ever done! I really hope there's some shiny reward at the end. Although I'm thinking that will be the gin and tonic I make myself to down my sorrows...

I made myself some large gin and tonics to console myself last night. The resulting existential crisis was not pretty. Sticking to happy alcohol this weekend - no gin and no wine.

2 minutes ago, Jennings74 said:

i think that was the year someone found the direct ip link to the server at See. 

I think that's probably the thread I remember reading. My first Glastonbury was 2014, so I was on here in hope of a similar find. Nada, though fortunately a friend managed to get through. I've still had nothing since...think I need to move

I always had misplaced 'logic' that there was 'something special' you could do to improve your chances such as fibre, set IP's etc......right up until Oct 2013 when I got my ticket on my mobile, hanging out of my mates window in the countryside to get 1 bar of signal.....and got through to get a ticket. I then realised it is pure and simple luck.

Oct 2014 and Oct 2015 I have got both my tickets after the 'sold out' page had initially gone up and then reopened about 20 minutes for short periods. Luck and persistence, that's all you need. There's no magic sadly.

I firmly believe the current solution is the fairest and best solution. Entirely random.  

27 minutes ago, musky said:

My brother is a senior systems analyst at a company that does traffic management systems, and I asked him how he'd handle the sort of traffic equivalent to a medium scale DoS attack, but keep the system fair. He said he'd cycle through IP addresses, which would limit the number of requests hitting the server at any one. For him it was a no brainer. 

That's not to say the See do it this way of course but if they did, a range of IP addresses would be an advantage. Although to really exploit that you'd have to know how they cycled through the IPs. 

If that's the case then it makes sense to have a large group of you all with different broadband providers, so increasing your chances that your IP address range is one of the ones that is "open". Once in, be as quick as possible, copy/pasting or automating the form filling, then once done, hit the back button and help others - since there definitely seems to be two gates getting in.

1 minute ago, Shiftyp9 said:

I'm officially tapping out guys - resting my hopes on competitions!

i genuinely hope you guys get tickets... You all deserve them.

if somebody does, could you please print this out and bury it on the land somewhere... Preferably with an empty can of Stella...

image.jpeg

Ran out of rep but so wanted to like this. 

2 minutes ago, Shiftyp9 said:

I'm officially tapping out guys - resting my hopes on competitions!

i genuinely hope you guys get tickets... You all deserve them.

if somebody does, could you please print this out and bury it on the land somewhere... Preferably with an empty can of Stella...

image.jpeg

You'll be back on Monday. We all will.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jennings74 said:

yep ... there was someone in the efests chatroom that told me a few minutes after start time that See had cocked things up and he'd got his tickets that way ... I pretty much ignored him for ten minutes, but then became convinced that see had cocked it up, so went back and quizzed him some more, checked out what he said stood up and wasn't a fraud of some kind, and then  publicised it here.

I later found out that See were scratching their heads wondering why no one was buying, when suddenly a flood of sales came thru from those who'd edited their hosts file .... which completely confused them, and caused them to take longer to find what the issue was.

It was fixed about an hour into the sale, I think, and in that time it was an easy buy for anyone who used that route.

Bossman at See (who I'd been chatty with via email and occasionally phone before then) went absolutely mental at me for telling my users but not telling him, and he hasn't spoken to me again. :(